GUILTY CA - Faith Tsarnas & Kiya Kitchen, Both 14, Die In Hit & Run, Fortuna, 12 July 2016

lol yep. my step kids mother's second lawyer dumped her case too because she was losing so bad and making herself look so bad and she refused to settle on anything.

lawyers do care about their pro rep.

I certainly hope not! I want to look up the other charges and see what needs to be proved for conviction.

In fact, I’m hoping that the REAL reason her high-powered paid attorneys withdrew from the case is that they know there’s enough evidence to convict her and suggested to her that she make a deal, but she refused and they said “Buh-bye Marci.” Why work that hard for a lost cause? Why have your reputation damaged? Her bf’s family has PLENTY of $$$$ and connections (his dad is an attorney) so I don’t think money was the problem. I think/hope it was just the excuse to disengage. If the court had decided to keep them on paid by the state, they could pull a “Nurmi” after the Jodi Arias case and trash her to try to redeem themselves. But the reputation damage would be done, locally at least. So they are probably breathing sighs of relief.

Side note: Does anyone else wonder why this case has not received national attention? Ever?

Vigil outside courthouse May 9 (the date the trial date will be set) calling for no more continuances.

[FONT=&quot]The community members, family and friends of both families want the trial date set, no more continuances and this is one public message they want Judge Kaleb Cockrum and the Humboldt Superior Court to hear.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If there are any more delays, many people have expressed an interest in starting a petition.[/FONT]

https://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2018/05/on-may-9-trial-date-is-expected-to-be.html

“Will this request for funding for an expert delay the trial?”, asks John Chiv. Or is it just part of the prep. We will find out July 18.

See image in link.

Words Worth: Will this funding for expert delay the Marci Kitchen trial or is it just part of prep?

Maybe those friends who had time to "visibly" support her in the court room should have been out trying to get funds to pay experts and attorney fees... but no... now more delay tactics and the court's time and money is being wasted.

Thank Heaven for John Chiv. We would know nothing without him. It grieves me when a case like this goes inactive with no coverage from the media.

Yes, John provides an invaluable service. He was my only pre-trial source of information for the Gary Lee Bullock priest-murder trial...which took over two years to get going.

And have we ever figured out WHY this never made the national news initially? I hope someone picks up the trial and puts it on the “front page.” Grrrrrrrrr!!

Maybe those friends who had time to "visibly" support her in the court room should have been out trying to get funds to pay experts and attorney fees... but no... now more delay tactics and the court's time and money is being wasted.

Delay, by any means possible, is the name of the game in so many cases. Over two years waiting to go to trial seems to be the norm now.

I don’t understand how her friends rationalize their support. What is it? “Poor Marci had an accident?” Never mind leaving the scene and hiding the truck and asking her son to lie! All that would be a deal-breaker if she had been my “friend.” Or “growers have to stick together?” Or some misguided sense of loyalty?

WHY is the court paying her way. She is far from indigent.

Good question! I believe her money can be said to be her boyfriend’s, not hers, and if he stops paying, she’s indigent. Personally, I think the paid attorneys’ withdrawal from the case because she “can’t” pay them was a carefully orchestrated and long-planned maneuver to delay the trial. Boyfriend’s father is an attorney and knows all the tricks from his years of defending marijuana cases. I just hope the judge hangs tough. But of course, then there’s the risk of appeal due to inadequate defense.

I can imagine! We are thinking of a visit to SoHum sometime this summer. I’d love to time it and attend a bit of the trial!

This area has such beauty, we had Church in the Redwoods today.

If your plans work out, I expect a play by play Lilibet. I found the people of Humbolt County to be friendly and warm. Quite colorful in contrast to SLO County

This area has such beauty, we had Church in the Redwoods today.

If your plans work out, I expect a play by play Lilibet. I found the people of Humbolt County to be friendly and warm. Quite colorful in contrast to SLO County

Yes, it is a gorgeous area. We had acreage in the redwoods in SoHum. We’d still be there probably if scary people hadn’t taken over. But the ordinary locals are very friendly and warm.

You can count on a play by play if I get there at the right time for the trial!

Quoting John Chiv:

Intervention for Marci Kitchen was scheduled for July 18. After 45 minutes of Judge Kaleb Cockrum meeting with attorneys privately; the courtroom was opened.

Judge Cockrum stated on record what an intervention hearing is; informal and private matters are discussed in closed courtroom including the possibility of resolving the case. "We are still in middle of those conversations," said Judge Cockrum.

The intervention has been continued until 1:30 on Friday. Judge Cockrum instructed attorneys if there were any motions to be filed, to do so before Friday afternoon.

Words Worth: Another twist in the Marci Kitchen jury trial, you will have to wait until Friday to find out more

Last edited:
John Chiv wonders if a motion for continuance or change of venue will be filed tomorrow July 20. He writes:

“I have heard from people who were contacted by a research company this week asking them questions about the Kitchen case, what they had heard on social media , about media coverage, pre trial publicity and their feelings about this case, their feelings about Kitchen.”

Words Worth: Motion for continuance or change in venue in the works for Marci Kitchen case?

I wondered what happened in this case, but had forgotten the names. As soon as I saw the girls names, it made me realize this was the. Case.

How this woman could run over her own child, go home to hide her car/truck tells the world she was under the influence of. Something. IMO.

For this case to be two years and still not settled, it is sickening that they have been able to play the courts like this. The end result should be the same - guilty!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back