Found Safe NY - Ellice Harding, 53, Rochester, 22 Jun 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Search underway for missing Wilson Academy teacher

53-year-old licensed speech pathologist Ellice Harding was last seen leaving work at 8:28 a.m. on June 22. She was seen walking north on Genesee Street and Main Street in Rochester before getting on a bus at West Main Street and Henion Street at about 8:40 a.m.
19AD1868-BD2D-4494-9FA1-A36DCF700E3B.jpeg EE18D31C-B2C3-40C5-BBDB-BAE914B3327D.jpeg

Ellice has limited ties to Rochester and does not have a cell phone in her possession.

Police ask for public's help in finding missing Wilson Academy teacher

WHEC TV

Rochester Teachers Association

13 WHAM ABC

Spectrum News Rochester

Based on the calendar, looks like school just ended for the summer. Last day for teachers to report was Friday the 22nd, when she was last seen.

https://www.rcsdk12.org/cms/lib/NY01001156/Centricity/Domain/4737/SCHOOL CALENDAR 2017-2018 OFFICIAL.pdf

So possibly that makes her trip to the mall less untimely but, still, nobody knows where she is. Somehow it's known she doesn't have her phone. Must have been left at home or school.

There must be good CCTV of her at the mall?

"The Regional Transit Service confirmed with police that she did get off the RTS bus at East View Mall.

Police say she exited the bus around 9:45 a.m. on Friday.

The East Rochester Police Department is now working with mall security, the Ontario County Sheriff's Department, and New York State Police.

A community organized search was conducted in Powder Mills Park on Sunday morning.

Family that organized the search say they are not positive Ellice is in the park.

Family members told 13WHAM that they think Ellice may have gotten on another bus after getting off the bus at the mall."

Police ask for public's help in finding missing Wilson Academy teacher

The park is about 2 miles northwest of Eastview Mall, where she was seen getting off bus on Friday morning. It's about 6 miles SE of her home in East Rochester (I think the bus she was on would have gone through East Rochester on way from Rochester to Perinton).

Last edited:
Could she just be on summer break?
Unlikely. Friday was the last day of school, but she left at 8:30 in the morning -- at the beginning of the school day. There must have been some circumstance with her abrupt leaving to cause concern to her colleagues in the RSD, plus her daughter seems quite frantic.

I find it interesting that she go on a bus, and headed in the general area of her town, but bypassed it and got off at the mall in Perinton instead. Did she usually take the bus to work and back?? That would be a long commute by bus each day for someone who could easily afford a car and could drive to work in 1/3 the time it would take on the bus. If she usually traveled by bus, it suggests a medical condition that would keep her from driving -- which may be why everyone is so concerned.

<....>

I find it interesting that she go on a bus, and headed in the general area of her town, but bypassed it and got off at the mall in Perinton instead. Did she usually take the bus to work and back?? That would be a long commute by bus each day for someone who could easily afford a car and could drive to work in 1/3 the time it would take on the bus. If she usually traveled by bus, it suggests a medical condition that would keep her from driving -- which may be why everyone is so concerned.

Very good points. I'm curious, too, about the bus. And wondering why she did not have her phone (especially if there's a medical condition). There's got to be CCTV showing what she did and when she left the mall?

Very good points. I'm curious, too, about the bus. And wondering why she did not have her phone (especially if there's a medical condition). There's got to be CCTV showing what she did and when she left the mall?

I don't have confirmation of medical condition -- that's just a guess.

Her daughter says (via social media) she was heading east on 96 (toward Victor). She says that tomorrow police will be searching that area (movie theater, BJs, city mattress) with helicopter and dogs. Family/friends are looking now.

I don't have confirmation of medical condition -- that's just a guess.

Her daughter says (via social media) she was heading east on 96 (toward Victor). She says that tomorrow police will be searching that area (movie theater, BJs, city mattress) with helicopter and dogs. Family/friends are looking now.

Oh yes, I understood you were just speculating. :) I hope tomorrow will bring some news.

So, I went back and checked a couple things. First, according to Wilson Academy calendar, the students were finished at school on Wednesday or Thursday (after they finished testing) so Friday would have been a teacher work day. So it wasn't like she'd have been abandoning her students.

Secondly, I checked the bus schedules. There's no direct bus going from Wilson Academy to Eastview Mall at that time of day. She'd have had to take a bus to Central Transit first, and then transfer. There's several bus stops on Genesee right across from her campus that go to Central Transit, but she went past those and walked a couple blocks up to W. Main and got on the bus there and apparently went to the Transit Center and transfered to the bus that she got off from at Eastview Mall at about 9:45 AM. That suggests to me she wasn't too familiar with the bus route since she bypassed a closer stop for one a couple blocks away.

The bus she got on did go right by outskirts of East Rochester (where she lives) but apparently there wasn't a stop there. Eastview Mall was the end of the line for that bus route. So, perhaps she meant to go to East Rochester but there wasn't a stop there (or she missed it), and ended up at the Mall. She probably didn't intend to go to the Mall, that's just where she had to get off the bus.

Ontario County Sheriff
4 hrs ·
We are looking for help from the public in trying to locate a missing person who was last seen in the Eastview Mall parking lot on Friday morning. Ellice Harding is a 53 year old white female, 5’01”, 110 lbs, with brown hair, hazel eyes, and she wears glasses. She was last seen wearing black pants, a white cardigan with a grey and purple pattern over a black shirt and had a black coat on. She got off the RTS bus in front of Sears at approximately 9:46am and was last seen walking across the front of the mall and then across the parking lot near the ramp to Cobblestone Court. Foul play is not suspected. If you have any information that can help authorities please call the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office at 585-428-6666 or dial 911. Thank you.

As she was a speech therapist and part time ( as stated on her class homepage) she may have been exempt from Teacher Workdays. Sounds like she did go, then left. Maybe she wanted to do some shopping before going home, and/or she wanted to leave and no bus ran to ER at that time. There is an ER RTS bustop not too far from her home, and there is a huge park and ride lot a few miles away. (I grew up in ER). She has lived in ER for awhile (according to property records), and would definitely know which bus goes where and when ( only a few go into ER a day). Powder Mill Park is enormous and not an easy walk from Eastview Mall. There are plenty of places in that park that are secluded, and a Y camp is also there

This will give you an idea. I went to that camp as a kid- it backs up to one side of the Park. There is a fish hatchery in the park as well. Google Maps

Edited to add- News stated she walked across the parking lot to the ramp by Cobblestone. Cobblestone feeds into Turk Hill Rd, which is long and winding hilly road into Fairport that has a lot of woods around it.

Last edited:
This will give you an idea. I went to that camp as a kid- it backs up to one side of the Park. There is a fish hatchery in the park as well. Google Maps

Edited to add- News stated she walked across the parking lot to the ramp by Cobblestone. Cobblestone feeds into Turk Hill Rd, which is long and winding hilly road into Fairport that has a lot of woods around it.

Thanks for the visuals, Momrids6. Starting to sound like she was headed for the woods.... Hoping for the best.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back