TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #2

If the sighting in Columbus, OH was legit, that should be followed up. It sounds too good to be true, so I am iffy about it but for Amber Cammick to hear about a girl who looks exactly like Ali working in that area as a prostitute and that witnesses in Columbus identified Ali's picture as a girl that goes by the name Ali and the nickname Alleycats (which is a nickname Ali's family verified Ali used) is so weird. I can hardly find anything more about it online, but it is featured greatly on the Disappeared episode for Ali. I cannot believe that local law enforcement did not get involved sooner with this tip and try to verify that girls identity. They could have easily done it without raising suspicion or letting her handlers know what was going on. They could have sent in someone undercover to act like a customer who could have gotten her fingerprints or DNA without raising hardly any suspicion at all. For Columbus law enforcement to let this issue go for months while it was supposedly being investigated by a PI with their approval is nit just unprofessional, but immoral as well. I truly hope that this lead was not as good as portrayed on Disappeared because if it is true then someone dropped the ball. If what was portrayed in the Disappeared episode about the Columbus sighting is indeed true and the girl they were looking for could not be found after months of trying to verify her identity and then finally an actual police raid into the alleged crack house, then IMHO (as Lucille Ball would hear frequently) somebody has some explaining to do. Not only did that dragged out and unprofessional investigation not verify that girls identity, but it could have jeopardized the life of an already troubled girl who may not even have been the Ali they were looking for. I wish this lead would have been followed up more thoroughly and professionally if it was as legit as the episode portrayed and I hope that Ali's loved ones can get some answers.

If the sighting in Columbus, OH was legit, that should be followed up. It sounds too good to be true, so I am iffy about it but for Amber Cammick to hear about a girl who looks exactly like Ali working in that area as a prostitute and that witnesses in Columbus identified Ali's picture as a girl that goes by the name Ali and the nickname Alleycats (which is a nickname Ali's family verified Ali used) is so weird. I can hardly find anything more about it online, but it is featured greatly on the Disappeared episode for Ali. I cannot believe that local law enforcement did not get involved sooner with this tip and try to verify that girls identity. They could have easily done it without raising suspicion or letting her handlers know what was going on. They could have sent in someone undercover to act like a customer who could have gotten her fingerprints or DNA without raising hardly any suspicion at all. For Columbus law enforcement to let this issue go for months while it was supposedly being investigated by a PI with their approval is nit just unprofessional, but immoral as well. I truly hope that this lead was not as good as portrayed on Disappeared because if it is true then someone dropped the ball. If what was portrayed in the Disappeared episode about the Columbus sighting is indeed true and the girl they were looking for could not be found after months of trying to verify her identity and then finally an actual police raid into the alleged crack house, then IMHO (as Lucille Ball would hear frequently) somebody has some explaining to do. Not only did that dragged out and unprofessional investigation not verify that girls identity, but it could have jeopardized the life of an already troubled girl who may not even have been the Ali they were looking for. I wish this lead would have been followed up more thoroughly and professionally if it was as legit as the episode portrayed and I hope that Ali's loved ones can get some answers.

I don't believe the sighting was ever credible. I was never convinced by the trafficking angle, tbh. I'm convinced Ali was taken by an older guy that she was allegedly seeing. I will agree, though, that Ali has been failed from day one.

*bumping for Ali*

Has this case gone cold?

We know that Ali was secretly texting a guy, and I’ve been informed that she was seeing an older guy who promised to take her to Mexico.

I’m quite confident Ali was abducted by this guy after school. I think Ali may have been pregnant or perhaps pretending to be to emotionally blackmail this guy. He couldn’t risk losing his job, his family and more importantly his freedom with this scandal so he took drastic action.

Forget the trafficking angle. It’s a red herring that Amber Cammack has probably strung along to keep herself relevant to the case.

*bumping for Ali*

Has this case gone cold?

We know that Ali was secretly texting a guy, and I’ve been informed that she was seeing an older guy who promised to take her to Mexico.

I’m quite confident Ali was abducted by this guy after school. I think Ali may have been pregnant or perhaps pretending to be to emotionally blackmail this guy. He couldn’t risk losing his job, his family and more importantly his freedom with this scandal so he took drastic action.

Forget the trafficking angle. It’s a red herring that Amber Cammack has probably strung along to keep herself relevant to the case.

I feel if the case was this easy to solve.. the LE would have solved it by now.

I feel if the case was this easy to solve.. the LE would have solved it by now.

Perhaps, if LE had made an effort. It would appear they failed Ali from day one.

And now one of their own is possibly implicated, I'm sure that's helped. :rolleyes:

Why won't Joann name the guy that Ali was in contact with? If this was my daughter, I'd be shouting his name from the rooftop. It's been eight years and the police don't appear to give af about the case, why the pussyfooting around?

It’s scary to think that Ali’s abductor is likely still out there. For all we know he could be reading this thread. I wonder if he feels any guilt, any remorse for stealing this young girl’s future?

Did I hear that right? Amber Cammack said that Ali's phone could still be traced when it was turned off. It had to have the battery removed?

Um, no. If a phone's not emitting a signal it can't be tracked. Doesn't matter if it's turned off or had the battery removed, it's still disconnected.

It's no wonder this case has got nowhere in eight years.

We're looking for an older guy, possibly with ties to law enforcement, if reports are to be believed. I think Ali was involved with this guy and threatening to go public with the relationship or had fell pregnant with his kid. Something drove the guy to commit murder that day.

I don't understand why Joann isn't speaking out more about this lead. I know you can't go around accusing people during an ongoing investigation but there are families of missing people who use social media to put pressure on suspects. I wonder if it's because Amber Cammack is still filling her head with ideas that Ali was trafficked?

I watched this case last night on Disappeared, and I don't know... something just doesn't sit right with me in regards to the whole human trafficking angle.

I don't discount that human trafficking for sexual purposes occurs, so I can't rule it out as a possibility here.

But when the PI started talking about infiltrating a crack house, posing as a madam, and practically being just inches away from Ali, seeing her but unable to make contact or get her out, and that she would have to return, but when she did, Ali was nowhere to be found, it all sounded too good to be true.

It reminded me of the separate disappearances of Amy Billig and Amy Bradley. In both cases, the families were always "one step away" from supposedly rescuing their respective daughters from sex traffickers, but conveniently at the last critical moment, their missing loved one wouldn't be there, witnesses would vanish, brothels would be torn down, bikers would stage a fight and whisk the mom away, etc.

It also reminded me of another case—I forget the missing woman's name; I think she vanished in the Caribbean—in which the family was paying a PI, who kept telling them, "Oh I see her. I have pictures of her. I've made contact with her. She's at X place. I just need a little more money to get my rescue team ready, etc." when in reality, the PI was drinking and partying all that money away.

I'm not saying that's what this PI is doing. I don't think she's intentionally committing fraud or anything—I mean, she allowed Disappeared to interview her on camera. But even PIs can be fooled with disinformation.

And I also seriously question her tactics. I'll quote a comment from ekardh's Reddit post that says it much more eloquently than I ever could:

"... all I could think after watching the episode of Last Seen Alive was what on earth rational adult launches an undercover sting into a crackhouse masquerading as a prostitute to buy another prostitute, from pimps with semiautomatic guns, with a heroin addict accomplice (who intimates on camera that she has to buy crack or meth because seeing heroin will put her in a tailspin) holding all the money? And this consummate professional's big plan is to have the parents (who are waiting in the car amongst alleged crackhouse foot soldiers) take her to the hospital if she's forced to smoke crack? Like, come on lady, what part of that seems like an actual realistic plan.

And then when she finds "Ali" and wants to call the police she doesn't call them because the random heroin addict accomplice doesn't want police involved so she... decides to go BACK in and try to buy her again??? Umm.. who [cares] what the informant wants? So instead she gets the "Ali" girl beat up and they all flee the scene minus the informant.
"

I pray that Ali will be found, but I have a feeling it's not going to be like this.

I watched this case last night on Disappeared, and I don't know... something just doesn't sit right with me in regards to the whole human trafficking angle.

I don't discount that human trafficking for sexual purposes occurs, so I can't rule it out as a possibility here.

But when the PI started talking about infiltrating a crack house, posing as a madam, and practically being just inches away from Ali, seeing her but unable to make contact or get her out, and that she would have to return, but when she did, Ali was nowhere to be found, it all sounded too good to be true.

It reminded me of the separate disappearances of Amy Billig and Amy Bradley. In both cases, the families were always "one step away" from supposedly rescuing their respective daughters from sex traffickers, but conveniently at the last critical moment, their missing loved one wouldn't be there, witnesses would vanish, brothels would be torn down, bikers would stage a fight and whisk the mom away, etc.

It also reminded me of another case—I forget the missing woman's name; I think she vanished in the Caribbean—in which the family was paying a PI, who kept telling them, "Oh I see her. I have pictures of her. I've made contact with her. She's at X place. I just need a little more money to get my rescue team ready, etc." when in reality, the PI was drinking and partying all that money away.

I'm not saying that's what this PI is doing. I don't think she's intentionally committing fraud or anything—I mean, she allowed Disappeared to interview her on camera. But even PIs can be fooled with disinformation.

And I also seriously question her tactics. I'll quote a comment from ekardh's Reddit post that says it much more eloquently than I ever could:

"... all I could think after watching the episode of Last Seen Alive was what on earth rational adult launches an undercover sting into a crackhouse masquerading as a prostitute to buy another prostitute, from pimps with semiautomatic guns, with a heroin addict accomplice (who intimates on camera that she has to buy crack or meth because seeing heroin will put her in a tailspin) holding all the money? And this consummate professional's big plan is to have the parents (who are waiting in the car amongst alleged crackhouse foot soldiers) take her to the hospital if she's forced to smoke crack? Like, come on lady, what part of that seems like an actual realistic plan.

And then when she finds "Ali" and wants to call the police she doesn't call them because the random heroin addict accomplice doesn't want police involved so she... decides to go BACK in and try to buy her again??? Umm.. who [cares] what the informant wants? So instead she gets the "Ali" girl beat up and they all flee the scene minus the informant.
"

I pray that Ali will be found, but I have a feeling it's not going to be like this.

Please realize that it's T.V.... T.V. edits and they never give the entire story. First of all, the camera crew followed me as i worked ONE of many leads on Ali's case AND went undercover for the Police. Also, Police (including FBI and Homeland security) where involved in the sting from the start. The entire operation took over a year. I would also like to add that we have received THOUSANDS of tips/leads on Ali Lowitzer's case and we follow up/work each one. While we didn't find Ali, we successfully saved 15 other girls in the process. So I have to say it was a success.... But the search for Ali continues and we will not leave any stone unturned.

Last edited:
I know that I'm absolutely grasping at straws here, but I was retreading Ali's journey through Google Maps. For some reason I decided to set the map closer to the year of Ali's abduction. At the intersection between Treaschwig Road and Cypresswood Drive I happened to catch this vehicle (see attachment). For comparison, here's the truck belonging to Brandon Scott Lavergne. According to a witness, someone driving a vehicle like this was seen talking to Ali before she vanished. I know these trucks are probably common as muck. I just found it eerie to see one driving down the same road that Ali was likely abducted from.

It's Texas... Everyone owns a white truck! Plus BSL was ruled out a long time ago!

Are you still filling Joann's head with the misguided belief that Ali was taken by human traffickers?

I saw a show on the ID channel today about Ali Lowitzer...I do not find the trafficking angle plausible. It's strange that Mason (Ali Lowitzer's half-brother) heard Ali's bus as he was leaving the house but he didn't see Ali? That puts him in the unique position of being at or very near the scene when Ali disappeared. Mason was 18 so I'm wondering if he left in some kind of vehicle? If so why not give Ali a ride to Burger Barn that way she doesn't have to walk? I also read where Mason was "out searching with friends all night" looking for Ali but was anyone with him that night? I know he passed a polygraph exam but that alone should never rule anyone out. Mason has since moved to Seattle which is a long way from Spring, TX but I couldn't find how soon he moved after Ali's disappearance? I guess he didn't want to help the family look for Ali...or maybe he knows they aren't going to find her?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back