CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not told if the weapon has been found - makes me assume it has. Also: investigating something as a homicide does not mean it has been decided it's a homicide.

As always - I have no idea really.

I have yet to hear of a case reported as being investigated as a homicide turn out to be something different. LE has to have a strong hunch for that to be publicized.

California man fatally shot in his tent while camping with two young daughters, police say

The sheriff’s deputies began arriving at the campsite around 5 a.m. Friday, shattering the pre-dawn quiet at Malibu Creek State Park, a popular getaway less than 30 miles west of Beverly Hills.

There, they converged on a clearing where two tents were pitched several yards from each other. Inside one of them, investigators found 35-year-old Tristan Beaudette with at least one gunshot wound to his upper torso, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

From the Washington Post article:

Beaudette was pronounced dead at the scene, authorities said. The Irvine, Calif., resident had been camping with other family members, but none of them were injured, they added.

<.....>

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Monday that it had no more details to release pending the active homicide investigation. Officials have not stated which family members were camping with Beaudette but told ABC 7 News that his wife had not gone on the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member