Found Safe NY - Ellice Harding, 53, Rochester, 22 Jun 2018

The park is 380 acres. There's no way to search it top to bottom due to the trees and sumac. There are remnants of a hermits house (or some type of building, based on what one believes) at the top of a well climbed Sand Hill. There is a daffodil trail, and a single ski slope. Parks Powder Mill Park Page | Monroe County, NY

It looks like she was a speech therapist at another Rochester school: either concurrently, as she was at Wilson MWF, or earlier. Most schools in Rochester are tough to teach at.

Looking at her teaching certs, she is right at 30/31 years from her 1st, and her permanent was issued in 91. Doesn't state what "tier", so can't figure out if she's eligible for retirement.

She may be "burnt out" .

Last edited:
Ok. From this I gather her car is at the school. She hasn't used public transit in a long while. They've got drones up, dogs out, and divers in the pond behind the mall. Checking cameras they had no access to over the weekend

WHEC TV

Harding left work on Friday morning and walked from the area of Genesee Street and Main Street in Rochester to a bus at West Main Street and Henion Street.

Harding is a speech pathologist at Wilson Academy.

She was last seen wearing a black coat over a cardigan and black pants. The cardigan is believed to be white, grey, or purple.

She has brown hair, hazel eyes, and wears glasses.

Harding has limited ties to the City of Rochester and does not have her phone with her.

State Police troopers, helicopter searching for missing Rochester teacher

Ok. From this I gather her car is at the school. She hasn't used public transit in a long while. They've got drones up, dogs out, and divers in the pond behind the mall. Checking cameras they had no access to over the weekend

WHEC TV
So...why why why...would she have left the school ...virtually after just arriving...and taken a bus?? And apparently left phone behind?? Especially when family say she hasn't taken a bus in years? Problem with car? Not wanting to be tracked?

It looks like she got as far as she could using the transit system (to border of Ontario county) and then...heading down 96 (no sidewalks, not a road suitable for walking along).

The officer did mention a health problem, but when asked physical or mental, declined to comment.

I might like to think she had a secret friend she was going to visit (as I think happens in some other MP cases but always fear to say so), but this sounds ominous...

Ellice is a beautiful name IMO... I hope this beautiful woman is safe and sound and surfaces soon. =(

RTS does go into Ontario County ( and Livingston, etc etc. ) Now I'm wondering if she didn't get on another bus to Geneseo, where she lived years ago .
Of course, looks like LE is focusing on undeveloped areas around the mall

Depending, of course, on whether she worked summers - summer school, or the like - it might seem odd that she'd disappear right before that two-plus-month-long vacation break.

But if someone relied on the structure of a teaching schedule to keep emptiness and depression away, those vacant days and weeks and months sometimes can seem quite daunting.

Last edited:
I wonder if she normally wore a coat.
Intriguing... it was warm on Friday (although cool the last 3 days), but chilly enough in the early morning to want a light sweater or jacket (I sent my son off to school with a flannel shirt over his tshirt -- and of course he left it at school on the last day of school), but they're saying she had on a cardigan plus the black jacket. Am I the only one NOT seeing the black jacket in the surveillance photos?

RTS does go into Ontario County ( and Livingston, etc etc. ) Now I'm wondering if she didn't get on another bus to Geneseo, where she lived years ago .
Of course, looks like LE is focusing on undeveloped areas around the mall
There is a LATS bus that runs from Eastview Mall to Geneseo. Only thing is that it would leave at night -- about 9:15 p.m. There also is a bus heading from the mall to Canandaigua Transit Center that leaves about 10:30 a.m. I wonder if they've check surveillance on the buses and/or area transit centers?

She clearly would have had options from the Eastview Mall area. And...if she had been planning to head somewhere, that would explain the black jacket on a warm day -- since the upcoming weekend was going to be cool. It might also explain why she arrived at school and then left not long after.

Surveillance footage shows Harding walking from Sears, along mall property on Rte. 96 towards High Street, before she went out of view of the camera.
Chief Clancy says taking the bus was out of the norm for Harding because she has a car. The chief says she left her car and cell phone at the Wilson Foundation Academy where she worked when she left there Friday.
Chief Clancy says Harding was carrying a duffel bag when she was last seen.
UPDATE: Search expands for missing teacher last seen near Eastview Mall

Last edited:
Abigail, can you call Valentown ? I wonder if they have cameras

The museum is only open on Sundays.

There's a Longhorn Steakhouse in that same area between High Street and 96 that probably would have cameras. Her daughter was searching the area around City Mattress (right across 96 from the steakhouse) on Sunday night. It's my understanding that about 50 family and friends were handing out flyers and inquiring about security cameras all around the area today.

Last edited:
I believe Mr Fisher has cameras on the rest of the week as well- due to what's in there- at least he did last time I was there. What is bugging me are the pictures courtesy of the Mall- they are indoors, at a store. All the news stories have her walking through the parking lot. She had to have gone into the Mall for those pics.
for ????

And there is RTS Ontario. Have to see how that runs.... edit: RTS Ontario route 253 leaves from Eastview https://www.myrts.com/Portals/0/Sch...2018-05-14-104556-850&timestamp=1526315668301

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee