CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also somewhat confused by the report from the lady who's car trunk was hit. In one story it says bullet hole, one story says shotgun hole, yet another story says "part of an ammunition round in the trunk". Those are not the same thing.

Photo showing both the tents.

And, for those agonizing over the date of the Monday shooting, it was June 18th. The entire campground was closed after the Friday June 22nd shooting.

Those tents look tall enough for someone to stand, or at least stand with their head bent?

I'm curious if those first on the scene noticed if the tent was in darkness or if there was a camping light lit up.

I'm also somewhat confused by the report from the lady who's car trunk was hit. In one story it says bullet hole, one story says shotgun hole, yet another story says "part of an ammunition round in the trunk". Those are not the same thing.

Yea the articles are very confusing. This one if accurate explained her incident best to me. She thinks it was a shotgun and it sounds like she was actually sleeping/camping in her car and notice the time was around the same early morning hours as the tent killing and Mondays car shooting. The very early morning hours in 3 of the 4 incidents.

The article that mentions part of the round in the back of the car may have been shotgun "wadding" maybe. The plastic wad that holds the pellets from a shotgun shell which holds the BBs maybe is what they were referring to.

"Meliss Tatangelo was camping in her Honda when she heard a loud noise around 5 a.m in January 2017. She and another camper did not go outside, but she later found part of an ammunition round in the back of her car where she had been sleeping. She reported the incident to authorities, she noted on her Facebook page.

She wrote that she believes a shotgun was fired about 20 feet away and if the line of fire had been an inch higher, she would have been struck as she slept."

Malibu campground where father fatally shot is closed down as safety precaution

Last edited:
I will have to find the link but it was a shotgun casing that was found in per vehicle

TB was shot in the chest. How could a stray bullet shoot someone in the chest if that person was lying down? I'm "assuming" TB was lying down in the tent, which tells me that in order to be shot in the chest, the shooter would most likely be standing over him. Hum???? There were 2 holes reported in the tent, one was roughly on top, but LE didn't say if they were from a bullet. If TB was standing, or even sitting in his tent, then I can see a stray bullet hitting him. BUT, that is a pretty accurate shot for a stray bullet to hit.. This is a strange case indeed and VERY SAD :(

Bumping up my post of all known shootings so far

Here is the list of shootings, that we know of.

MCSP=Malibu Creek State Park

Nov. 2016-Tapia Trail (just south of MCSP), Adult male, while sleeping in his hammock, was shot at close range with a shotgun. Needed surgery to remove pellets from his arm.

Jan. 2017-MCSP, 5Am, While sleeping in their Honda, an adult female and her boyfriend are shot at close range by a shotgun. No injuries reported.

June 18th, 2018, MCSP, (4:30AM?) Adult male reports finding gunshots on his parked vehicle. No injuries reported.

June 22, 2018, MCSP-campsite 49, 4:45AM, Tristen Beaudette, 35. Shot and killed while sleeping with his two young daughters, ages 2 and 4.

Campers recall previous shootings at California site where renowned scientist was killed

Second shooting at Malibu campground where father found murdered in front of two young daughters

TB was shot in the chest. How could a stray bullet shoot someone in the chest if that person was lying down? I'm "assuming" TB was lying down in the tent, which tells me that in order to be shot in the chest, the shooter would most likely be standing over him. Hum???? There were 2 holes reported in the tent, one was roughly on top, but LE didn't say if they were from a bullet. If TB was standing, or even sitting in his tent, then I can see a stray bullet hitting him. BUT, that is a pretty accurate shot for a stray bullet to hit.. This is a strange case indeed and VERY SAD :(
From above him? Or he heard a noise and sat up. Jmo

Only thing I can think of is he had to pee. Got up and went outside to pee then went back into his tent and someone shot him while he was still standing.

Have you actually seen "chest" stated? I remember seeing "torso" in of the articles.

The torso is going to be the largest target, so I would have thought it would be the most likely place to be hit unless in the case of a 'hit', where a head shot would be more of a certain kill but that seems unlikely to happen from outside the tent. (I use 'target' in its loosest possible sense of the 'area' to be hit by an incoming object/bullet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500