NY NY - NY, 125th St station, WhtMale 60-80, UP7958, tatts: eagle, chief, military/patriotic, Mar'93

Thanks for all the compliments on the clean up! There's been some great posters with really valuable information!
Like them, my heart goes out to all the military, especially someone who could've served in the Korean War.

Is there anyone here who has a contact, or has ever contacted the NYPD for a PM photo of an Unidentified person before? I'd like to know if it's possible to get it.
I personally have never contacted BUT I have been on this thread for a long time NY - NY - Bronx, WhtFem UP8073, 25-45, needle tracks, multiple tattoos, Mar'90 and the unidentified is a woman in the Bronx. She also only had tattoos and someone on the thread called up about the tattoos and found they had More photos of the tattoos and a Postmortem. And she was able to get the person to load them up to the UIDs page on Namus!!… Maybe go through the thread 9link posted above) and see what the person did and also maybe check to see since if this UID and the Bronx UID in the Bronx have the same contact? I don't know otherwise.. I just know of that one being a success in getting a postmortem.. Hope it helps.

I personally have never contacted BUT I have been on this thread for a long time NY - NY - Bronx, WhtFem UP8073, 25-45, needle tracks, multiple tattoos, Mar'90 and the unidentified is a woman in the Bronx. She also only had tattoos and someone on the thread called up about the tattoos and found they had More photos of the tattoos and a Postmortem. And she was able to get the person to load them up to the UIDs page on Namus!!… Maybe go through the thread 9link posted above) and see what the person did and also maybe check to see since if this UID and the Bronx UID in the Bronx have the same contact? I don't know otherwise.. I just know of that one being a success in getting a postmortem.. Hope it helps.

Awesome...Thanks so much for that!

60 to 80 year old White Male

Date found March 13, 1993
​New York County, New York
​Circumstances:
Unknown white male was witnessed to collapse on a northbound A train at the 125th street station.
Tattoo of an eagle on right forearm, tattoo of Native American chief on upper right arm, two multicolored tattoos on left arm, depicting military designs with stars and "1948"and "1949" "Jack" "Good.....For......"

Unidentified Persons

Unidentified Person Case

Photos of tattoos and additional info at links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
60 to 80 year old White Male

Date found March 13, 1993
​New York County, New York
​Circumstances:
Unknown white male was witnessed to collapse on a northbound A train at the 125th street station.
Tattoo of an eagle on right forearm, tattoo of Native American chief on upper right arm, two multicolored tattoos on left arm, depicting military designs with stars and "1948"and "1949" "Jack" "Good.....For......"

Unidentified Persons

Unidentified Person Case

Photos of tattoos and additional info at links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tattoos are all blue ink, as if done in a prison, though patriotic tats would be unusual there. The Indian is similar to the one on the Imjin Scout badge but faces the wrong way. Veteran of Berlin Airlift service? The 1948 and 1949 dates would suggest it, though the Imjin Scout era was much later......

Looking for possible coat of arms in or outside the US and found this; it's the original WW2 US army coat of arms. I think the UID's tattoo is a free interpretation of this. There are a lot of details missing, but we see the two stars en the crown-like mid section.

I reach out to the missing veterans side, asking them if they recognized or could say something about the tattoos or could give a reference.

Coffeeandacing could you "clean up" the one with the four stars above too?

As you all suggested, I talked with WS member whereareyou in regards to requesting a facial PM photo from the ME to be added to Namus, since he/she had previous success getting photos from them on another case.
Whereareyou said that he/she had called the ME office on the phone, but didn't recall how "assertive" they had been in the request.

I decided to just go the email route, and made a request via their general email with an attention to the Forensic Anthropologist attached to this case.

I'm hoping that I'll eventually get a reply and best case scenario, we will get to see this UID's face.

If anyone else wants to attempt or has better ideas to get the PM facial photo onto Namus, please do so.

As you all suggested, I talked with WS member whereareyou in regards to requesting a facial PM photo from the ME to be added to Namus, since he/she had previous success getting photos from them on another case.
Whereareyou said that he/she had called the ME office on the phone, but didn't recall how "assertive" they had been in the request.

I decided to just go the email route, and made a request via their general email with an attention to the Forensic Anthropologist attached to this case.

I'm hoping that I'll eventually get a reply and best case scenario, we will get to see this UID's face.

If anyone else wants to attempt or has better ideas to get the PM facial photo onto Namus, please do so.
Thank you coffeandacig lets now keep our fingers crossed!!!

Just an update:
Received this email today, in reply to asking his PM photo be added to Namus.:)

"Good morning,
Thank you for reaching-out to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
You communication will be forwarded to Ms. Soler for review, and someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks,

Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
520 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10016

212-447-2030

Great initiative. Thanks!

Was this guy ever submitted? Even though no mention of tattoos I think this guy is pretty good

I didn’t submit. I wish we had just a little more info on either side. You can submit if you’d like. The submitting part always makes me very nervous.

I didn’t submit. I wish we had just a little more info on either side. You can submit if you’d like. The submitting part always makes me very nervous.
Oh ok . No Iam like you and a couple of others . We just submit here to websleuths.

I received a reply from the NY Medical Examiners Office:

My apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately we do not have a photo or PM sketch for NamUs UP#7598 (M93-02254) that can be uploaded to NamUs for review.
Is there something that I can assist you with in regards to this case?
Sincerely,

Angela Soler, Ph.D., D-ABFA
Forensic Anthropologist
Office of Chief Medical Examiner

It's a shame they don't have a picture of him.:( It would've been so helpful in attempting to identify this UID.
But, really so grateful that she at least took the time to look for one.

My apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately we do not have a photo or PM sketch for NamUs UP#7598 (M93-02254) that can be uploaded to NamUs for review.
Sincerely,

Forensic Anthropologist

It's a shame they don't have a picture of him.:( It would've been so helpful in attempting to identify this UID.
Nice that they got back to you.. oh sad that there is no photo available ... thank you for asking!!!!! It is nice to know they looked ..... back to the drawing board!!!!

Sincerely,

Forensic Anthropologist

A very sincere reply....maybe they now look into this case a little bit more and come up with some additional info in the future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back