GUILTY OK - Holly Cantrell, 40, pregnant, McAlester, 20 Jan 2017 *arrest in 2022*

I remember that part and that's why at first I thought of the step-daughter. I'm wondering if the reporter was trying to figure out more info on the dynamics between step-daughter and Dad. Was she close to him? Protective of him? Soo many theories in my mind. I've watched the ID channel way too much so my theories are always rambling in my brain lol
The key thing is that as soon as the first media report on Monday January 23rd of Holly missing it mentions the green truck with a short-wheel base. If that was all, conceivably it could be anyone who drove a green truck with a short wheel-base.

However, that very first media report also mentions that Holly was last seen at the Braum's on US 69. As we know from the Disappeared episode, the only person to put Holly at the Braum's on US 69 is Cody. Thus, we can be certain that LE had already spoken with Cody by that time and that they knew that it was his truck and him with the cowboy hat. It couldn't be anyone else.

Also, later in the day on Monday the 23rd The Huffington Post had a story where they quoted the older daughter-in-law as saying that they had spoken with detectives and that they were told who picked up Holly on Friday though they didn't mention Cody by name and only said that the person was known to the family.

I have a hard time believing that her family wouldn't have also known that LE had spoken with Cody and that he was the one who picked Holly up and thus no other person with a green truck could have done so since he said he did. It is why I found that interview to be odd, and the interjection by the reporter mentioning an "anonymous source" even odder.

The key thing is that as soon as the first media report on Monday January 23rd of Holly missing it mentions the green truck with a short-wheel base. If that was all, conceivably it could be anyone who drove a green truck with a short wheel-base.

However, that very first media report also mentions that Holly was last seen at the Braum's on US 69. As we know from the Disappeared episode, the only person to put Holly at the Braum's on US 69 is Cody. Thus, we can be certain that LE had already spoken with Cody by that time and that they knew that it was his truck and him with the cowboy hat. It couldn't be anyone else.

Also, later in the day on Monday the 23rd The Huffington Post had a story where they quoted the older daughter-in-law as saying that they had spoken with detectives and that they were told who picked up Holly on Friday though they didn't mention Cody by name and only said that the person was known to the family.

I have a hard time believing that her family wouldn't have also known that LE had spoken with Cody and that he was the one who picked Holly up and thus no other person with a green truck could have done so since he said he did. It is why I found that interview to be odd, and the interjection by the reporter mentioning an "anonymous source" even odder.
Sounds in a way like the reporter was trying to make his own facts in the case. Trying to do a little detective work of his own?

Why is the family still finding more bones and clothing material in that area? After, LE had been through there. How awful for them. And the purse. The family is doing a better search for her, IMO, than anyone else.
Family Of Missing Woman Discovers More Remains Near Lake Eufaula
Holly's purse was found by a man who was training his dogs (for hunting I believe) and the first remains found were found by a hunter. Her family found neither of those. They came out later as part of a search to find more items after her purse and some other things were found and in the second search for more remains they came out as well. However, from all appearances (tv reports) the Pittsburg County Sheriff's Office was involved in those searches as well - Pittsburg County Sheriff has jurisdiction there since it is more than 10 miles outside McAlester city limits.

To be fair, despite the second search effort after the discovery of her purse and other items neither her family nor LE came across the remains that were found almost a year later. Most people missing any significant amount of time that are located are found by hunters, hikers, joggers, walkers, people clearing brush, volunteer search parties and least likely by LE.

That is how it plays out because law enforcement doesn't have the resources to search everywhere and anywhere - Arkansas is not all that far away. So in this case Holly could have been anywhere and could still be anywhere if those remains are not Holly. They would have to have a good idea of where to search before undertaking any search efforts whereas volunteer search parties can use whatever time they wish searching anywhere and everywhere. Also, it seems likely that LE picked up on a foul play vibe pretty early in this case and thus their best course of action is to get the person they think is responsible to either offer up Holly's location and/or lead them to Holly's location or through cell phone or vehicle location records to lead them to a narrower area.

The one person we heard nothing about who also could have a motive would be Cody's wife. The only thing I know is that she was stopped for not having insurance not far from the Arkansas border on the day Holly went missing. My guess is that she works in Arkansas. And if that is the case that likely leaves a big time gap in Cody's alibi for the time after he allegedly dropped Holly off at Braum's.

They still have not identified those remains?
The ones found at Cardinal Point were sent to the University of North Texas to try to obtain viable DNA from the bones. My understanding is that only a few bones were found. It was said back in March that it could take up to a year to determine if the bones belong to Holly or not.

Why are they still finding possibly connected items in this area? Shouldn't the area have been carefully searched by now? They need to get a group like Texas EquuaSearch in there. I have seen them do a grid search for bone fragments and other evidence where they had volunteers literally on their hands and knees crawling shoulder to shoulder to make sure every little bone or item was found. That they keep finding items in the place where human remains were found makes me think no such search was done. JMO.

I just watched the Disappeared episode. My suspicion is on the boyfriend. I can't believe it will take that long to identify the bones found .This case just touched me for some reason, maybe because I work in healthcare too.
My understanding of processing bones to find viable DNA for a chance at identifying or profiling the DNA can be a time consuming process - it is not the same as running a bodily fluid sample or from skin, for example - and there are only 7 facilities in the country that do it. The facility had lost the grant funding it received to process out of state cases in early 2017. This funding wasn't restored until September of 2017 and there is a backlog of cases being processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

http://untfsu.com/Documents/DNA_Letter_08282017.pdf

A Google search for University of North Texas Center for Human Identification will yield quite a bit of links to useful information to learn more about this particular facility and what they do.

Why are they still finding possibly connected items in this area? Shouldn't the area have been carefully searched by now? They need to get a group like Texas EquuaSearch in there. I have seen them do a grid search for bone fragments and other evidence where they had volunteers literally on their hands and knees crawling shoulder to shoulder to make sure every little bone or item was found. That they keep finding items in the place where human remains were found makes me think no such search was done. JMO.

It may be that these things were under a thin layer of dirt. Every time it rains hard more glass and pottery bits emerge from my yard. You’d think they’d have had metal detectors out there though.

One curious thing that was mentioned earlier in the thread and you can tell from the satellite images is that the Braum's that Holly was dropped off at was here anywhere from 2.4 to 3.3 miles from the hospital (I have included the map plus directions):

Google Maps

However, there is a Braum's even closer to the hospital. It is 1 mile away driving.

Google Maps

So, if she were meeting co-workers at Baum's why go to the one further away? Of course, why would her boyfriend pick her up to take her on a 5 minute drive to meet co-workers for lunch (which we know her co-workers didn't know about)?

Of course, the problem is that there is zero evidence that Holly was ever dropped off and we only have the boyfriend's word for that.

However, almost all of the hotels/motels in McAlester are located near that Baum's on US 69.

Not for nothing but the boyfriend lives in Indianola, OK which if you lookup on a map is further north and west of Cardinal Point where her purse was found and the human remains that haven't been identified yet. Closer to where he lives than McAlester.

I wonder who told police the identity of Cody or did he come to LE and identify himself?
I believe his identity became known because he was on hospital video cameras picking her up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back