UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR1 would not have needed to hit them with a shot to trigger a physical altercation. All they needed was to see him coming in the room with a loaded gun aimed at them. Seems pretty logical.

Remind me again why we're arguing about this? Is it to make a theory fit that there was only 1 killer?

Doesn't matter, the evidence, if anyone outside the guys at PCSO and BCI get to take a look at it, will show how many killers were there.

I am not sure either. But it is not to prove there was only one killer. I have never thought there was less than two and maybe three killers.

The discussion is whether BW, after a few solid hits with a Louisville Slugger would have been in good enough condition a couple of days later to drag GR and CR1 the short distance to a back bedroom.

I maintain that with the help of a few OXY or a few drinks of whiskey and with his son or sons helping him, he could have managed just fine.

After all the man wrangled horses all his life, on his parents place and his own farm.

For that matter AW could have probably did it with the help of her sons.
Just saying.

I am not sure either. But it is not to prove there was only one killer. I have never thought there was less than two and maybe three killers.

The discussion is whether BW, after a few solid hits with a Louisville Slugger would have been in good enough condition a couple of days later to drag GR and CR1 the short distance to a back bedroom.

I maintain that with the help of a few OXY or a few drinks of whiskey and with his son or sons helping him, he could have managed just fine.

After all the man wrangled horses all his life, on his parents place and his own farm.

Just saying.

Got it! It's possible. One way or another LE probably knows, I just wish they would act on it.

Slightly OT - in breaking news, those 12 boys who were lost in a cave in Thailand during floods for 9 days have been found alive. Amazing!

Oh no doubt in my mind this is going to be a death penalty case. There would be a national outrage if it went any other way.

I don’t think this case has much coverage throughout the country. Very few people I have mentioned it to, have even heard of the killings! The reward money is very small and there are few clues released to the public. It’s almost like everyone just wishes it would “go away” and end whether anyone is ever brought to justice. It is very discouraging. JMO

I don’t think this case has much coverage throughout the country. Very few people I have mentioned it to, have even heard of the killings! The reward money is very small and there are few clues released to the public. It’s almost like everyone just wishes it would “go away” and end whether anyone is ever brought to justice. It is very discouraging. JMO

It's fallen off the radar. There's no one keeping it in the spotlight. Like the Crystal Rodgers case here. After her father was murdered, I don't hear much about that case now. Her parents were keeping her case in the news, prior to his death.

Just saying.

I respect your theory, but I don't see it, oxy isn't a cure all, and liquor makes you slow, add it to oxy and you're not gonna be worth much. Now, if he got hold of some Meth, that's a different story... but, we don't even have proof the fight even happened. If it never happened, there's no retaliation.

It's fallen off the radar. There's no one keeping it in the spotlight. Like the Crystal Rodgers case here. After her father was murdered, I don't hear much about that case now. Her parents were keeping her case in the news, prior to his death.

Yes that Rogers case is so sad. I’m in Louisville and I never hear about it anymore.

Got it! It's possible. One way or another LE probably knows, I just wish they would act on it.

Slightly OT - in breaking news, those 12 boys who were lost in a cave in Thailand during floods for 9 days have been found alive. Amazing!

Now they have to get them about 3 miles out. 2.5 if that very difficult.

JW was a long haul truck driver. It takes a person in good physical condition for that. Loading and chaining down a load plus long hours wrestling with the steering wheel of a semi truck takes some muscles. He may have looked scrawny, but the job he held belies that.

If there was two or three of them, it would not have been that big of a job. You are not talking about a couple of petite women doing the dragging, but a couple of men who worked on a farm and drove a semi truck. Don't know why you would think they would be a couple of weaklings?

My nephew is 45. About 13 years ago he was hit in the chest with a 15000 pound tank that was swinging free. It knocked him halfway across a huge building and he landed on a concrete floor. His chest was solid blue from his collar bone to his belly button. He got up and walked out and went to a clinic. He was back at work the next day.

My point is, none of these guys were women or office workers. They were men who were used to hard work on a farm with horses and in a semi truck and even if they looked skinny and not able to knock down a sick dog, they had to have been strong to do the kind of work they did.

JMO
I recall seeing a picture of JW on a deer hunting trip. Deer hunters often have to drag the deer they have shot and killed. Some deer exceed 200 pounds. That would be dead weight. I agree with the kind of work they did, in addition to hunting, the W men, including JW would have to possess physical strength and lots of stamina.

Even in southern Ohio you seldom hear the case being mentioned. Not by the media, and not discussed by the general public.

At the two year anniversary it was reported on that day, and then dropped again.

I had thought all along that when the time came for Dewine to be interviewed for the race for governor the Rhoden murder investigation would be a hot topic during media interviews but haven’t heard it mentioned.

Even in southern Ohio you seldom hear the case being mentioned. Not by the media, and not discussed by the general public.

At the two year anniversary it was reported on that day, and then dropped again.

I had thought all along that when the time came for Dewine to be interviewed for the race for governor the Rhoden murder investigation would be a hot topic during media interviews but haven’t heard it mentioned.

Doesn't it make you wonder why that is? This family has been painted as horrible people but the only proof they were doing anything illegal was an exaggeration made by Dewine himself. Each and every person killed that night is a victim. Why would anyone in LE make statements about the guilt of the Rhodens' without having the facts to back them up? It was said as if it were fact. What we know it there was no breaking down of a grow operation and if you grow up in Appalachia you know what the breaking down of a 500k operation looks like. So I am asking why do you think it was stated? Why do you think people keep bring up drugs where these victims are concerned? And my last one how many of you think this is probably something we are missing altogether?

I lied I have more. Dewine assumed there was weed and/or drugs right? Do you think someone else did too? Is it a fact KR had money laying around him?

Forgive all my questions but this hits close to home for me. I grew up in a family much like the Rhoden family. People can assume a lot so my line of questions is my way of getting my thoughts out there. Maybe they (the killers) were looking for something and went from place to place killing. We don't know how much time they were in each home or if anything was taken.

Doesn't it make you wonder why that is? This family has been painted as horrible people but the only proof they were doing anything illegal was an exaggeration made by Dewine himself. Each and every person killed that night is a victim. Why would anyone in LE make statements about the guilt of the Rhodens' without having the facts to back them up? It was said as if it were fact. What we know it there was no breaking down of a grow operation and if you grow up in Appalachia you know what the breaking down of a 500k operation looks like. So I am asking why do you think it was stated? Why do you think people keep bring up drugs where these victims are concerned? And my last one how many of you think this is probably something we are missing altogether?

I lied I have more. Dewine assumed there was weed and/or drugs right? Do you think someone else did too? Is it a fact KR had money laying around him?

I recall seeing a picture of JW on a deer hunting trip. Deer hunters often have to drag the deer they have shot and killed. Some deer exceed 200 pounds. That would be dead weight. I agree with the kind of work they did, in addition to hunting, the W men, including JW would have to possess physical strength and lots of stamina.

These days they use the 4 wheelers to bring the deer out of the woods. They would have to get it on the 4 wheeler...

Forgive all my questions but this hits close to home for me. I grew up in a family much like the Rhoden family. People can assume a lot so my line of questions is my way of getting my thoughts out there. Maybe they (the killers) were looking for something and went from place to place killing. We don't know how much time they were in each home or if anything was taken.

All part of the unprecedented secrecy of this case. LE does not seem to want the public to know anything or be able to help solve this case. No proof of a commercial grow operation, no mention of harder drugs involved, no mention if something was likely taken, etc. is not how similar cases have been handled. Nothing about how this case is being handled makes sense. How many times are the crime scenes confiscated so no one can see them? The only two reporters pushing for answers are now working out of state at new jobs. How often does that happen?

I view the Rhodens as tragic victims. I think they were a very close and loving family and I think they refused to be bullied by a group of people who desperately wanted something the Rhodens had and refused to hand over to them. Custody of a child.

I think Dewine is an incredibly ambitious and intelligent man, but I also think he's made some strategic blunders in this case and this is something he doesn't want to talk about. So far, there is no success story to share. I think part of the problem is that he really doesn't understand the people in this region.

I'm not sure what his point was in mentioning a commercial grow op found on the property. I do agree this tainted some people's opinion of the Rhodens, whether he intended it or not. He seemed to think getting "tough" with the W's by raiding their property, after they had vacated the property, and putting their pictures out there would get the job done? Then he got tough with JW, and that didn't work either.

On the other side is Sheriff Reader. I believe the tears he shed in his interview last year were genuine and part of it is probably due to frustration because Dewine is in charge and I think Reader's hands are completely tied. I think LE knows who did this and why they did it and my guess is if Reader had the power, he'd get the job done or he'd die trying.

Personally, I don't think drugs were the motive and I don't think this was done by professionals, either. I have living country cousins who have the skills and the cool to carry out something like this, if so motivated. Our common Appalachian ancestors are in history books that detail the things they did to protect what they felt belonged to them. Right or wrong. The only thing that mattered to them was their own point of view and getting what they wanted. Many people were killed in the process.

As of now, the only people I am aware of who have gained anything at all from the hideous massacre of the Rhoden family are the W's. They have full possession of the child they desperately wanted.

This is all JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member