Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Lord. Drugging them and dragging them out?

Oh Lord. Drugging the boys and dragging them out??? Has this been actually discussed as a plan by anyone in a position of authority or is this just someone tweeting?

This does not sound like a good plan. At all. No one would know what dose of a drug to give them, nor would they know how each individual boy might react to whatever drug was chosen. Plus, they are physically debilitated at this time which means the body may not metabolize a drug as predicted.

I so hope they can come up with a better plan than drugging them!

Oh Lord

New video of the boys from the Thai NavySeals FB

FB Post Translation
After eating the energy of the sea, the water is imported, and the military doctors who have been trained in the course of the underwater destroyer, attacking the examination of all the boar team, and the sisters say hello to the people who are waiting outside the cave.

New update at link. Kids are getting stronger. It’s looking more and more like they’re going to dive them out. 2 SEALS per child. Most crucial part of the dive is between where the boys are now and chamber 3. More at the link.
digitalay on Twitter

From the update:

The most critical part is from where the kids are located at the moment back to Chanber No,3 (distance almost 2 km).
Prior to today, Ben Reymenants discovered and placed a guideline in a new channel. Its wider breadth, direction of the flow, snd occasional air pockets should make extraction easier.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-3_20-10-35.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-3_20-10-35.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 38

Oh Lord. Drugging the boys and dragging them out??? Has this been actually discussed as a plan by anyone in a position of authority or is this just someone tweeting?

This does not sound like a good plan. At all. No one would know what dose of a drug to give them, nor would they know how each individual boy might react to whatever drug was chosen. Plus, they are physically debilitated at this time which means the body may not metabolize a drug as predicted.

Oh Lord

I'm pretty sure this is NOT an official plan!

I have the same concerns you have stated. I don't think this is a good plan at all.

FB Post Translation
After eating the energy of the sea, the water is imported, and the military doctors who have been trained in the course of the underwater destroyer, attacking the examination of all the boar team, and the sisters say hello to the people who are waiting outside the cave.

Love this! Please keep them safe!

Thai cave rescue: Youth footballers to be taken to safer place in cave

Rescuers are going to take the 12 boys and their coach who have been trapped in northern Thailand's cave for more than 10 days to a safer place within the cave on Tuesday (July 3) midnight, said one of the rescuers on Tuesday.

Wang Yingjie, head of one of the Chinese rescue teams, told Xinhua that international rescue teams have drafted a plan to dive the boys out from the cave. They are setting rescue ropes and gas tanks along the flooded tunnel.

<...>

According to the rescue plan, divers will help the boys to reach a safer place which was set up as a rescuing centre in the cave.

Wang said that because of the complicated situation under the water, each boy will come out with the help of two divers, and each trip would take at least two hours.

Recent CNN article with video describing how the tunnel may look with water filling gaps.

Thailand cave rescue: Search teams unsure how to free trapped boys - CNN
Part of the concern about attempting to bring the boys out of the cramped, pitch-black chamber where they have spent the better part of nine days is that they are around two kilometers (1.2 miles) inside the cave, and nearly a kilometer below the surface, according to rescuers.

The area in which the group remains stranded is accessible only via a narrow, flooded channel, and attempts to pump water from the cave, or find a natural opening in the roof of the chamber, have so far been unsuccessful.

"Worst-case scenario is they have to dive them out," Pat Moret, a rescue consultant, told CNN on Monday.
"It won't be anything like diving that most people recognize. It will be diving in what is effectively muddy water, possibly fast-flowing, with no sense of direction," Moret said. "You can't tell what's up, down, sideways."
The emotional toil of any rescue attempt would also need to be considered, said Paul Auerbach, professor of emergency medicine at Stanford University.

This is going to be a complicated rescue. It's manageable, but they have to be sure that these kids are physically capable of it and emotionally capable of it as well," said Auerbach.
"They'll be assessed for hydration status, adequate fuel supply, adequate food so that their glucose level is adequate, and then no doubt they'll do practice dives," he added.

A final rescue option could see the boys lifted through the roof of the cave chamber to safety, either through a natural opening or a drilled entry point.
During an attempted rescue mission last week, trekkers found a hidden opening deep in the jungle, giving them another way to enter the cave system. The natural chimney was at least 1.5 meters in diameter and at least 22 meters (72 feet) deep.
Though the opening did not connect to the area where the boys were discovered, now that the exact location is known, rescue efforts can focus on finding other, potentially hidden openings.

Screenshot taken from video:

Attachments

• 773B67E5-EF17-4BBD-A0EC-46CE9D70161C.jpeg
    773B67E5-EF17-4BBD-A0EC-46CE9D70161C.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 24
6m ago
20:44

There is due to be an announcement in 20 minutes by Narongsak Osottanakorn, governor of Chiang Rai province, who has been coordinating the rescue mission.

Given the uncertainty surrounding whether a rescue dive will be attempted, or if they boys will be left in the cave to wait out end of the monsoon season – potentially another four months – hopefully this announcement will give some clarity about the rescue team’s plans.​

Thailand cave rescue: divers may attempt to free trapped football team this week – live
Guardian Live

Last edited:

Okay, so from this and the Straits Times article illustration (below) it looks like they are possibly going to attempt to transport each child, one by one with two Seals, to Pattaya Beach?

180703_thai-cave-rescue_online-2_0.jpg

For non- swimmers PANIC is a definite concern. If they still needed mask and supplemental oxygen/air, how would a
sedated kid keep the mouthpiece secured in his mouth?
Are they thinking of trying this without air tanks?

A sedated/unconscious person could not, but they requested full face masks a few days ago. The child would breathe normally.

Surprisingly, you don't need to be a strong swimmer to dive. You do not use your arms to propel yourself through the water, just your legs aided by fins. You do need your arms to propel yourself through a small opening.

I can't imagine how they could do this without air tanks. There is a device called SNUBA, where there is a long hose attached to an air compressor on the surface. I can't imagine how they could get that hose that far into the tunnel.

Many good divers use 'pony bottles', very small tanks. If the boys had a full-face rebreather with a pony bottle to fit through the tunnels better, maybe it could work.

These guys a super divers; far, far above my level. They won't go without these children.

HERE IS MY RESPONSE, not sure how it got HERE. lol

Weighting them down and dragging them out has been discussed in MSM.
It's called 'packaging' them up, apparently. Not sure of all the details but its being reported in the Guardian, as a viable option.

They cannot be dealing with panicked people in such a dangerous rescue situation. If they can find a way to take these kids out alive, with the least amount of trauma, I'm all for it.

Earlier, I suggested they give them an amnesic drug of sorts so that they have very little to no recall of coming out of the cave.

There is no good nor easy way to get this done. Someone in the Thai army has suggested that the rescue will be quick and done this week. That's the latest Ive read.

Oh Lord

Last edited:
6m ago
20:44

There is due to be an announcement in 20 minutes by Narongsak Osottanakorn, governor of Chiang Rai province, who has been coordinating the rescue mission.

Given the uncertainty surrounding whether a rescue dive will be attempted, or if they boys will be left in the cave to wait out end of the monsoon season – potentially another four months – hopefully this announcement will give some clarity about the rescue team’s plans.​

Thailand cave rescue: divers may attempt to free trapped football team this week – live
Guardian Live

Ok, I was about to quote the Guardian. The kids are coming out this week, dive operation, kids to be packaged.

Not that I can see and its been well over 45 minutes.
The head of the Thai army is the person saying they must come out before the rains return.
A British diver has said they will be 'packaged' and brought out asap.
He was basing his statement on comments from the head of the Army (that's the person who will make the decision).

The Guardian has possibly the best coverage and has Live updates as well.

FB Post Translation

Was one of those the coach, I couldn't tell - he must be pretty young too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam