Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
New video of the boys from the Thai NavySeals FB

FB Post Translation
After eating the energy of the sea, the water is imported, and the military doctors who have been trained in the course of the underwater destroyer, attacking the examination of all the boar team, and the sisters say hello to the people who are waiting outside the cave.

So good to see them smiling and looking well. There is an interesting comment by a KP about the coach ("Teacher")written in English and Thai on that video. It is accompanied by a photo of a news article and says the source for the info is The Telegraph. I searched and could not find that info anywhere. I hope it is true. If true the coach is a hero and should not face any lawsuits. JMO.

It's dangerous to begin so quickly and bring them out, one by one. But they have no choice. If those heavy rains start, the journey out of the caves will be much much more dangerous. And they could even be overwhelmed with flood water, with no place to run. They need to make the decision and do it.

About an hour ago, a group of divers were brought to the site with equipment.
Also, a pigs head has been brought as a sacrifice to ensure the boys are brought out safely. Guardian newspaper, UK.

Wouldnt surprise me if they try to get them out tonight, one report was calling for rain today or tomorrow at the cave site.

I do hope they get them out safely.

I continue to think about American drilling technology and how it could possibly drill a hole to extract these boys. Remember when these men where rescued from a coal mine? I know there are oil field workers in the USA who could figure out a way to rescue these boys!
Quecreek Mine rescue - Wikipedia
There is an Australian Mines Rescue Team on standby.

2m ago23:07

The governor has also announced that the children won’t be rescued all at once. He also said that the communication cables officials had been hoping to establish into the cave to allow parents to communicate with their children have not been able to be established and so parents have still not been able to talk to their children

The boys are currently on high ground and are safe, but if water levels rise further, they could become cut off from the entrance of the cave, unable to communicate with the outside or receive supplies.

Ruengrit Changkwankyuen, the coordinator of the Thai contingent of the international cave diving team that found the boys, told Michael Safi that while the boys are on safe high ground if the cave continues to flood there will be 5km of water between where they are stranded and the entrance.

“If that happens it will be almost impossible to send supplies or keep in touch with them,” said Ruengrit.
Thailand cave rescue: fresh video emerges of football team in good spirits – live

Drilling seems to have been ruled out. No drilling rigs have been brought in and no one is saying anything about drilling.

Which only leaves either staying where they are or bringing them out through the water.

There is a guy named Bill Whitehouse from the British Caving Rescue who gave an interview to CNN in which he apparently talked about bringing each boy out as an "inert package", fitted with a face mask and diving suit, and perhaps even "restrained". So maybe that's where that is coming from? It might have been unwise for him to speculate on international TV about this idea.

Some kind of strange things:

A pigs head as a "sacrifice"?

1000 members of the Thai military are reported to be at the site. What would 1000 members of the military be doing exactly? How are they being housed and fed? Sanitary facilities for that many people?

British Guardian article talking about the "risk of hypothermia". It is 77 degrees F inside the cave. What is the ambient air temperature in the area?

The film of the medical person putting iodine on the boys' legs and feet shows him using the same applicator on three different boys. That is not the way we would do it in the U.S.

The boys have those awful metallic rescue blankets. I realize they are in a wet/damp area, but I hate those things. They are functional, however.

Drilling seems to have been ruled out. No drilling rigs have been brought in and no one is saying anything about drilling.

Which only leaves either staying where they are or bringing them out through the water.

There is a guy named Bill Whitehouse from the British Caving Rescue who gave an interview to CNN in which he apparently talked about bringing each boy out as an "inert package", fitted with a face mask and diving suit, and perhaps even "restrained". So maybe that's where that is coming from? It might have been unwise for him to speculate on international TV about this idea.

1000 members of the Thai military are reported to be at the site. What would 1000 members of the military be doing exactly? How are they being housed and fed? Sanitary facilities for that many people?

British Guardian article talking about the "risk of hypothermia". It is 77 degrees F inside the cave. What is the ambient air temperature in the area?
medical
The film of the person putting iodine on the boys' legs and feet shows him using the same applicator on three different boys. That is not the way we would do it in the U.S.

The boys have those awful metallic rescue blankets. I realize they are in a wet/damp area, but I hate those things. They are functional, however.

An offering in front of a prayer house for Buddha.

Two miracles down--they managed to find a safe place in the cave and they were located.

Now, it looks like it will take a third miracle to get them to safety. Prayers and rituals can't hurt.

imho

RSBM:

It is a Thai religious tradition and likely the pigs head will be eaten by those at the rescue site. An explanation (BBM):
If you’ve ever been in Thailand then you must be wondering why people offer fruits and red liquids to the ghosts. The latter is nothing else but strawberry Fanta. It might seem weird, but the red colour symbolises blood and it replaces animal sacrifice, which was once performed very often. Blood in Thai culture means life. Thanks to it we live and we die. So, it is believed that blood can also bring good fortune and fertile the land. That’s why in Thailand people used live animals as gifts to gods. This tradition was made illegal by King Rama I and from then on people tried a few different things to replace blood until they finally discovered strawberry Fanta. Nowadays, during bigger ceremonies, animals are not killed, but one of the most important sacrifices is a pig’s head, which is then consumed during a party after the ceremony is completed.
All you need to know about Thai spirit houses - The Blond Travels

Two miracles down--they managed to find a safe place in the cave and they were located.

Now, it looks like it will take a third miracle to get them to safety. Prayers and rituals can't hurt.

imho

Just about every small business and home has a spirit house that they put food and drinks and jasmine garlands in front of, every day. At Christmas some also deck them out in Christmas lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member