Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible for them to develop a rudimentary communications system with the boys by doing things like "three taps on the palm of the hand means stay as still as possible and let us take control" and something else means "remember the breathing exercises we taught you" and things like that?

Divers regularly communicate with hand signals. It is an easy transition to touch communication.

There are helmet devices with radio communication, but IIRC they are bulky. There may not be room.

I do think the divers can get the boys out, but it is dangerous. I am praying for them.

Yesterday, the fellow in charge said he didn't want photos, social media accounts or reports of the rescue to negatively affect the boys later on.
That, plus the reports of them being in the water yesterday, getting accustomed to scuba gear etc. yesterday, lead me to believe we wont hear much until its completed.

We will get reports 'after the fact' but possibly a 'sanitized version' of events.

The fact that a mental health worker is going in the ambulance with each child, is very telling also. They are expecting this to be quite an ordeal/trauma for these lads.

Whenever whatever occurs, I hope they get out safely.

I personally don't think a very mild medication is such a bad idea. Keeping calm is key to survival. IMO when it was discussed I assume they mean something mild to calm yet they are fully aware and cognizant.

Yes, was picturing something like xanax. It wouldn't be that hard to not overdose and it would help prevent panic. I would sure want something like that myself.

I remember this morning they cleared a large space in front of the cave entrance for the ambulances.

So yes, it might start soon - if not already in progress!

It is night there now btw.

Yes it's after 10pm now and the forecast for tomorrow is dry at least until the afternoon. It looks like the rains will come full on again at the weekend.

Divers regularly communicate with hand signals. It is an easy transition to touch communication.

There are helmet devices with radio communication, but IIRC they are bulky. There may not be room.

I do think the divers can get the boys out, but it is dangerous. I am praying for them.

Thank you for your posts, Bluedivergirl,

It is greatly appreciated that you are sharing your perspective as a diver with us!

Seems risky to me to medicate them with something they have not had before. There are risks of side effects with any new medication. There is no way to gauge each boy's reaction to the medication before hand and no time to wait and see if it is safe for them or if the dosage is correct. I think the boys are mentally strong and with a couple days of food will be physically strong enough to go through this without being drugged. JMO. One advantage to their youth is that they do not realize all that can go wrong, so they are less likely to have intense fear of the dangers, IMO. Young boys their age are more likely to be dare devils, IME. They think they are invincible. As long as they listen to the scuba divers instructions I think they can get out. JMO.

I just don't think the risks are that likely or possibly severe. No one would worry if they vaccinated them in there if they were going to react badly. People get sent home all the time with a Xanax prescription and no one worries that within 30 min of the first dose something horrible will happen. The dose and body size is not super touch and go etc. Having a general idea of body weight is going to be enough. Same with abx. The risks of something like that would probably actually be far less likely than someone freaking out while trying to scuba dive through the equivalent of mud filled pipes. You can't stop in the middle of that and just get to an air supply, pop a pill and wait 20 min for it to really take effect.

This local news outlet says they were given a crash course in swimming and diving yesterday.

"Rescue teams were giving crash courses in swimming and diving on Wednesday as part of complex preparations to extract a young soccer squad trapped in Tham Luang cave."

“We are now teaching the children to swim and dive,” he said, adding that if water levels fell and the flow weakened, they would be taken out quickly."

Boys Trapped in Chiang Rai’s Tham Luang Cave Get a Crash Course in Scuba Diving – Chiang Rai Times English News Paper

The boys may even come out under cover of darkness. Its dark in the cave, except where they have put in lighting and if they bring them out into darkness, photos will be compromised (other than the official ones), they won't have to worry about their eyes (glare could be a problem after being in total darkness) and the world won't see what shape they're in until they are ready to show us.

The fact that they've made room for the ambulances, brought in the pigs head sacrifice and groups of divers......all lead me to believe that this attempt is imminent. As is the monsoon rain.

i just noticed while checking news sites that HAD been posting
live updates that LIVE UPDATES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED.
Guessing the Thai Gov. has ordered the news blackout in preparation for the exits.
thai time is 12-14 hours ahead of US, so it's night time there.
Bet that they've cleared all reporters from cave exit area.

Guessing the Thai Gov. has ordered the news blackout in preparation for the exits.

Thanks for letting us know, Enelram.

I noticed when trying to check The Guardian's live feed updates that they were suspended eight hours ago and was wondering what that was about...

I noticed when trying to check The Guardian's live feed updates that they were suspended eight hours ago and was wondering what that was about...
It may have been around the time the ambulances and new equipment was being brought in. ??? Hard to know when this
is actually going down but the news blackouts tell me it's NOW.

It may have been around the time the ambulances and new equipment was being brought in. ??? Hard to know when this
is actually going down but the news blackouts tell me it's NOW.
Oh jeez. I’m terrified. I’m really really worried. Also how did they not hallucinate. How did none of the children go nuts in that ink black dark. I’m grateful they didn’t but I’m very curious how time was spent other than some meditation. I feel bad for the divers and the chain of command having to make these quick decisions. Unless all goes well they will be blamed... this is a loose loose situation that I truly hope they will win. They all deserve the happy ending. It’s Independence Day here in the US. May they have the strength and good fortune to see the light again and have their freedom back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288