CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margarita25, do you remember when they were looking for Jessica Ridgway's killer and they mentioned some characteristics of a young psycho? I remember a history of rape/sexual assault charges and cruelty to animals were mentioned, but it seems like a couple of other warning flags too. Do you remember what they were?

Family heartbroken over 'senseless act' that killed Edison grad camping with daughters

"Beaudette and his daughters had gone camping that night to give his wife, a doctor, a quiet night to herself so she could study for an exam."
Bolded emphasis mine

Just posting this to give a little more background on how much Tristan excelled in school, and to show they had only gone camping for one night. Someone mentioned that maybe they were camping for a week & that isn't true.
There is another MSM article that, IIRC, reports the approximate time Tristan and his BIL arrived at the campground. It also mentions bicycles and sand toys.

Last edited:
@katydid23 - I used to go to Agoura to a really "small" bar type place. It served the BEST chili!! Really small - they had a woodstove in the back where you could sit. And of course a pool table. Now for the life of me can't remember the name.... well shoot it was over 40 plus years ago! LOL!

Sorry off topic....

Ed and Vernes... off Mulholland highway?

• 258s.jpg

I was thinking - maybe the BIL & his two kids (boys?) already had the camping site reserved for a week, and Tristan & his girls decided to join them for the night to let his wife study.

The group had two sites reserved (#49 and #51). If the original plan was just for the brother-in-law and his two children to go camping, they wouldn't have reserved two sites.

Margarita25, do you remember when they were looking for Jessica Ridgway's killer and they mentioned some characteristics of a young psycho? I remember a history of rape/sexual assault charges and cruelty to animals were mentioned, but it seems like a couple of other warning flags too. Do you remember what they were?

Ughhh....:( Off the top of my head I remember the generic profile they mentioned, which included 1)may have missed work 2)may have changed appearance 3) may show an unusual interest in the case 4)may have increased comsumption of alcohol, drugs...at this moment I'm not recalling a reference to a juvenile offender, as at that time there was no way you know (I still remember walking by him and saying "naaaaah, too young..."...I remember those squinty eyes and his brisk walk and his blue coat and hood and him being the only person on the street when everyone else was inside scared to death. ) But I'm sure it's all out there on google,
I don't want to look :(.

*wait a minute, ARS posted videos on YouTube of the cops searching. He was driving by. Ugggghhh...there's an angle, maybe see what videos have been posted on youtube.
(Eta: maybe see what rants/complaints have been posted to Parks and Wildlife, etc...I know you guys have been exploring the reviews online...

Christopher Parker, currently in custody for one NOCO shooting had posted all kinds of nonsensical rants on his SM...we've seen this before...he had threatened a bank, iirc... (just waking up, need coffee)...

But since you ask about Jessica's case, maybe the "Awareness Space " article is worth posting. While we are dealing with totally different crimes (Thank God), it is interesting to see the variances in MOs as far as acting/operating within ones own awareness space as opposed to someone like Israel Keyes who traveled to commit his crimes. A subdivision of this could be an examination of other shooters. Trai (Seminole) was very close and had ties to the neighborhood. As I first mentioned, chances are strong the killer is very, very, very familiar with these grounds (should this not have been a targeted killing).

My first thoughts on the 4: 44am was that maybe he's on his way to or from work.
Awareness Space Article:
http://www.boulderweekly.com/news/j...-lsquoawareness-spacersquo-may-lead-to-clues/

Eta: Again if and when LE uses the word "random" then I'm ready to go to town. But now I'm still not sure this is the case so don't want to write books that are not applicable. Like I said Im about 51/49 towards random.

There's also the possibility if applying Rossmo's Theory at some point, should the data points arise.
(This was applied during the Beltway Sniper case)

CP (NOCO) lived very, very close.

Last edited:
I just left a very large city park about 18 Miles NE of Malibu Creek SP. It’s day use only and is very popular for picnicking, jogging, bicycling, & has a large playground. I go there every day including weekends & holidays. I wanted to report the stunning presence of LAPD patrols there this morning. I can’t help but feel that it may be in response to these shootings now in the news.
A friend and I witnessed a shooter there with a long-gun (probably B.B. gun) in April 2017. The lifeguard called the police & they responded with 3 units. Unfortunately, I don’t know if they caught the guy or not. We have a picture of him that we gave to the Parks Dept. at the time. If this MCSP shooting turns out to be random & the police ask for the public’s help I will certainly report it.

Re: LE

I'm surprised to see the comments here along the lines of 'I'm sure LE is working very hard on this' and 'we aren't LE' and 'we don't know what LE knows' and '"LE isn't giving much info because they don't want to damage the integrity of the investigation'. All the usual lines about how hard-working and noble LE is.

If LE had been all of those wonderful things, there's a good chance we wouldn't be typing up posts on this murder. If they'd been taking the previous reports of gunshots seriously, if they'd been taking James Rogers's shotgun injuries seriously, if they'd treated Meliss Tantangelo's car shooting like a potentially life-threatening incident, if they'd gleaned from the Tesla shooting just days before that the MCPS-area shooter might be back in action - if LASD had done any of those things (and they should have done all of them), there might be no murder to talk about.

The fact is, LASD is on the back foot. They might be scrambling now and devoting all sorts of resources but, to put it mildly, local LE and state park public safety have effed up majorly by not posting warning and information flyers in the park and around the area and by not taking a more aggressive investigative stance on incidents in which people were very lucky to not be seriously hurt or killed.

I just left a very large city park about 18 Miles NE of Malibu Creek SP. It’s day use only and is very popular for picnicking, jogging, bicycling, & has a large playground. I go there every day including weekends & holidays. I wanted to report the stunning presence of LAPD patrols there this morning. I can’t help but feel that it may be in response to these shootings now in the news.
A friend and I witnessed a shooter there with a long-gun (probably B.B. gun) in April 2017. The lifeguard called the police & they responded with 3 units. Unfortunately, I don’t know if they caught the guy or not. We have a picture of him that we gave to the Parks Dept. at the time. If this MCSP shooting turns out to be random & the police ask for the public’s help I will certainly report it.

My opinion is that you should report it anyway. In fact I strongly urge you to do so. This is a tip worth investigating imo, especially since you have a picture. Our Late Great Foxfire used to talk about things such as "jurisdictional blindness", etc...also, even though LE has not yet used the word "random" they still have asked for the public's help. Additionally, imo one of my "magic numbers" (ones that I've noticed come up a lot in different cases) is 18 to 22 miles.

Everything is jmo, moo.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "witnessed a shooter"?

Last edited:

Just for clarification...you witnessed this in the other park you mentioned or Malibu Creek State Park?

My opinion is that you should report it anyway. In fact I strongly urge you to do so. This is a tip worth investigating imo, especially since you have a picture. Our late Great Foxfire used to talk about things such as "jurisdictional blindness", etc...also, even though LE has not yet used the word "random" they still have asked for the public's help. Additionally, imo one of my "magic numbers" (ones that Ive noticed come up a lot in different cases) is 18 to 22 miles.

Everything is jmo, moo.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "witnessed a shooter"?
My friend and I were sitting at a picnic table. There are homeless people that live there from time to time and on this day there were two men occupying one sleeping bag. One was on his stomach with his arms extended in what I’d describe as a sniper position. Suddenly we heard a popping sound and realized he had a gun. I had to leave due to an appointment but reported it to park personnel on my way out. My friend got out of there, as he was on a bike, so he didn’t get to talk to the police. The lifeguard told me later that the police came but he didn’t know if they had apprehended the shooter or not. Later I emailed him a picture & then also reported it to a larger Parks Dept. Office, as I mentioned earlier.
I really appreciate your advice & find the 18-22 miles observation interesting.

"The park sprawls over more than 12 square miles (31 square kilometers) in the rugged Santa Monica Mountains west of Los Angeles. It offers camping, hiking, biking, rock climbing as well as a look at locations used in filming Hollywood movies and TV shows, such as "MASH."

Although a wilderness, it is easily accessed from greater Los Angeles via U.S. 101 to the north and Pacific Coast Highway on the Malibu coast to the south."

Even more shootings uncovered at Malibu park before father was killed while camping

Even more shootings uncovered at Malibu park before father was killed while camping

BBM : "rock climbing"...
(Just thinking about possible shooter positions)

Regarding the shooting of the Tesla
on June 18, 2018, one article stated
the bullet hit the hood latch in such
a way that the hood opened. Sounded
like a trained sharp shooter. Does
anyone know where this article was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online