UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are falsely accused, at least in the US.... you are incarcerated often without bail until your trial. Which on average is about 4 years away. Your attorney's fees will bankrupt your family if they can afford to pay one at all.

You lose pretty much every thing you have, you lose years with your family and children, miss births and deaths and weddings.... all because someone falsely accused you.

If you would go through all that rather than letting a guilty person free, you are a better person than I am. Though, in many cases there is no guilty person and the accusations are entirely fabricated.

Sorry, I know it's a touchy subject for me. I've actually seen families destroyed by this and there is no way I'd choose to put my own family through it. Watching a baby become a toddler while an innocent parent misses it all is heartbreaking.
Thankfully, here in the UK, it's not usually quite as bad as you've described it.

Horrible, terrible and yes, some falsely accused do suffer and I'd never want any innocent person or their families to suffer.

What if the boy was babysitting because grandparents away for the night, dad staying with girlfriend? Grandparents return on the morning ferry and find her missing & the boy unable to explain where she is?

Anything is possible. I'm not 100% sure of ferry times but the first sailing arriving in Rothesay might be after the initial time she was reported missing.

Does anyone think someone capable of this has normal chemical activity in their brain? Normal people don't just decide to do something like this.

So what effects the chemicals to make someone capable of such evil. Genetics? Environment? Experiences? Drugs?

A 16 year old that is protected should not have been impacted in such a way that they are capable of this. If he was abused himself in any kind of way and it corrupted him then who is to blame? Maybe his abuser also suffered abuse and their abuser also. Maybe as a feutus his development was impacted due to his Mum drinking and his brain never developed properly, maybe hers was too.

I truly believe to even be capable of considering doing something like this let alone going through with it you need to have chemical irregularities in your brain. It's not just a choice.

I don't consider myself a great person because I don't have the capacity to commit crimes and I am capable of feeling empathy. I consider myself fortunate. People who suffer horrifically but go on to be great people are those whose physical setup allowed them to. I don't choose to love my daughter unconditionally, I just do. I don't choose to feel appalled by racism, I just am.

So yes, in a way I sympathise for anyone who has ever done anything and I believe as science advances this will be better understood and things like this may be prevented whether that's by segregation or treatment.

The boy that did this is evil and should not be in this world, he should never walk free again. But I question what made him this way.

I understand this post will be likely upset people so let me make it clear my thoughts are only with the victim and her family, I have no problem with him being strung up, I believe it's too late for him, in this world he'll never recover, but more needs to be done to understand what creates evil.

No one is allowed access to Social Media when they're in custody, under arrest, on remand or serving a sentence.

The police can access their accounts in some cases but, website owners (Apple in particular) can prove unhelpful even in legal cases.

The profile owners could also have friends/family members accessing their SM for them.

That smug pharma exec Martin Shkreli is behind bars but I learned one day he had an active FB account. He has someone posting for him frequently. Look him up on FB and look at his most recent post. It's just non stop arrogance. It's crazy!

Can forensic DNA be processed that quickly?? I'm pretty sure most suspects are arrested well before there is DNA testing processed. I could be wildly off. I'm trying to google it and it seems like it's not near this quick.

That said I'm really surprised you'd say you don't like Websleuths because of all the compassion for paedos, murderers and child abusers. I just don't see that here. I rarely see compassion expressed for suspects. And most people in this thread don't seem to have expressed that here.

I agree though they must have some evidence and good reason to arrest him. And he almost assuredly did it given what little we know. It doesn't sound like there is the least hint of another suspect.
Regarding speed of DNA testing - although I have my reservations as to the truth of it (a personal opinion that others might not share) -

In the recent case of the fatal shootings of Dr Steven Pitt and others this is what the police stated:

"Thinking Jones was the prime suspect, a Scottsdale police detective flew to northern Arizona in a Phoenix police plane and obtained a DNA swab from a relative of Jones who lives there, Slavin said. The detective flew back immediately.

"DNA testing began not long after midnight, Slavin said, and about four hours later the lab matched DNA from the shell casing to the DNA from Jones' relative.

"We had a great circumstantial case against Mr. Jones but we really wanted that definitive proof that it was him. And it was his DNA on those shell casings that took us through all those scenes. We had that proof," Slavin said at the news conference."

DNA, shoe leather help Arizona police identify killer of 6 - CNN

No one is allowed access to Social Media when they're in custody, under arrest, on remand or serving a sentence.

The police can access their accounts in some cases but, website owners (Apple in particular) can prove unhelpful even in legal cases.

The profile owners could also have friends/family members accessing their SM for them.

I'm not sure where you live, but in the USA, and I assume other countries, phones are snuck into prisons all the time and prisoners access SM.

What if the boy was babysitting because grandparents away for the night, dad staying with girlfriend? Grandparents return on the morning ferry and find her missing & the boy unable to explain where she is?
The grandparents were not off of the island they were home for Alesha's visit.

Normal people don't just decide to do something like this.
That is not backed by science. It is an opinion held by those who believe that some or all people conventionally seen as 'evil' are actually just sick.
It is certainly true that decent people do not step outside of societal norms & rape a child (or an adult for that matter). But there is no proof medically that such people are generally unwell. Certainly you can be mentally ill & commit the crime. For example a schizophrenic could suffer a psychotic episode & commit the crime while suffering delusions. But most people who harm children are not suffering delusions or suffering from mental health issues.
It is the age old mad or bad debate, some find it hard to accept that evil exists. It is easier to cope with if we say those people were ill.

Does anyone think someone capable of this has normal chemical activity in their brain? Normal people don't just decide to do something like this.

So what effects the chemicals to make someone capable of such evil. Genetics? Environment? Experiences? Drugs?......

Psychopaths actually have brains that are structured differently, they don't feel empathy for others because those parts of the brain are not developed.

Psychopaths Have Distinct Brain Structure, Study Finds | HuffPost

They don't all commit violent crimes though and other things such as environment can play a part. Other problems such as personality disorders and sociopathy are the result of someones environment and genetics.

Sorry, I don't agree whatsoever...I'd suggest that's a severe oversimplification to the point of being offensive (suggesting that it's understandable for men to have sexual urges for children?!).

Also, suggesting that cases like this (noting we don't actually know what's happened here)...always have a sexual element (and lets all hope that's not the case).

People are suggesting that cases like this always have a sexual component because history shows that to be true.

Every time a 6 yr old girl is taken out of her bed in the middle of the night, and found dead, dumped a mile away like trash----you can bet there is a sexual component to the vicious crime.

I have never seen a young girl kidnapped in the middle of the night, by a young male, where it wasn't a sexually motivated crime.

That is not backed by science. It is an opinion held by those who believe that some or all people conventionally seen as 'evil' are actually just sick.
It is certainly true that decent people do not step outside of societal norms & rape a child (or an adult for that matter). But there is no proof medically that such people are generally unwell. Certainly you can be mentally ill & commit the crime. For example a schizophrenic could suffer a psychotic episode & commit the crime while suffering delusions. But most people who harm children are not suffering delusions or suffering from mental health issues.
It is the age old mad or bad debate, some find it hard to accept that evil exists. It is easier to cope with if we say those people were ill.

Never a truer word said!
Hallelujah!
Someone else who knows this sort of crime CAN be committed by a person with "Normal" brain activity.

My opinion on this is, he's a young male, with times of sexual desire. Apart from self satisfaction has
Probably never "done it yet" as they say.
So sets his sights on how he may be able to "get it' &he's probably thought about getting it and how he would on many occasions. If there's no chance with a "girlfriend" because he hasn't got one or never had one then
Poor little A became his target.

She knew him and trusted him, as is often the case, which is why it happens to so many children. They're easy prey
So he did what he did then, thinks I can't have her tell on me, so it goes to the next stage where he decides he has to end her life
Please people or offend people who read this, but it's more than likely a case of that.

Never a truer word said!
Hallelujah!
Someone else who knows this sort of crime CAN be committed by a person with "Normal" brain activity.

My opinion on this is, he's a young male, with times of sexual desire. Apart from self satisfaction has
So sets his sights on how he may be able to "get it' &he's probably thought about getting it and how he would on many occasions. If there's no chance with a "girlfriend" because he hasn't got one or never had one then

She knew him and trusted him, as is often the case, which is why it happens to so many children. They're easy prey
So he did what he did then, thinks I can't have her tell on me, so it goes to the next stage where he decides he has to end her life
Please people or offend people who read this, but it's more than likely a case of that.

Your opinion implies, basically states! that young lads with perfectly natural desires will just go out and rape a 6 year old if they can't find a girlfriend!!

I've been on websleuths for many years and followed many horrific cases but, I've never shared a thread with members before who hold such frightening beliefs.

Never a truer word said!
Hallelujah!

So sets his sights on how he may be able to "get it' he's probably thought about getting it
So he did what he did then thinks I can't have her tell on me so it goes on to the next stage where he decides he has to end her life
Please people or offend people it's more than likely a case of that.

So what effects the chemicals to make someone capable of such evil. Genetics? Environment? Experiences? Drugs?

A 16 year old that is protected should not have been impacted in such a way that they are capable of this. If he was abused himself in any kind of way and it corrupted him then who is to blame? Maybe his abuser also suffered abuse and their abuser also. Maybe as a feutus his development was impacted due to his Mum drinking and his brain never developed properly, maybe hers was too.

I truly believe to even be capable of considering doing something like this let alone going through with it you need to have chemical irregularities in your brain. It's not just a choice.

I don't consider myself a great person because I don't have the capacity to commit crimes and I am capable of feeling empathy. I consider myself fortunate.

I don't consider myself a great person because I don't have the capacity to commit crimes and I am capable of feeling empathy. I consider myself fortunate. People who suffer horrifically but go on to be great people are those whose physical setup allowed them to. I don't choose to love my daughter unconditionally, I just do. I don't choose to feel appalled by racism, I just am.

So yes, in a way I sympathise for anyone who has ever done anything and I believe as science advances this will be better understood and things like this may be prevented whether that's by segregation or treatment.

The boy that did this is evil and should not be in this world, he should never walk free again. But I question what made him this way.

I understand this post will be likely upset people so let me make it clear my thoughts are only with the victim and her family, I have no problem with him being strung up, I believe it's too late for him, in this world he'll never recover, but more needs to be done to understand what creates evil.
Yes I do think someone with Normal brain activity can do this
But they always throw in the diminished responsibility card, or some c*** like that to get a lighter sentence.

Your opinion implies, basically states! that young lads with perfectly natural desires will just go out and rape a 6 year old if they can't find a girlfriend!!

I've been on websleuths for many years and followed many horrific cases but, I've never shared a thread with members before who hold such frightening beliefs.

No, no, you didn't read it properly
I never mentioned young lads? I said a young male. I was talking about an individual. And please don't insult my intelligence by making out I do not know what I am talking about and that a normal boy couldn't do such a thing. Some people cannot bear to think this could be the case. Yes sexual desires are all part of nature and normal, but it's when their desires are forced on another it's not normal. And normal people can do this.
They don't have to be mentally ill.
He wanted sex. So why didn't he get it from a girlfriend? ., cos maybe he didn't have one!
or why didn't he just ask one of his female friends for a quickie? Because he was desperate for it.. Because they would probably tell him to eff off!
Hence The desire to take/force sex without agreement has landed millions of males in prison and on death row.
The first thing lots of people say is oh he can't be normal to do such a thing
Well I believe they can be normal and still do such a crime.

No, no, you didn't read it properly
I never mentioned young lads? I said a young male. I was talking about an individual. And please don't insult my intelligence by making out I do not know what I am talking about and that a normal boy couldn't do such a thing. Some people cannot bear to think this could be the case. Yes sexual desires are all part of nature and normal, but it's when their desires are forced on another it's not normal. And normal people can do this.
They don't have to be mentally ill.
He wanted sex. So why didn't he get it from a girlfriend? ., cos maybe he didn't have one!
or why didn't he just ask one of his female friends for a quickie? Because he was desperate for it.. Because they would probably tell him to eff off!
Hence The desire to take/force sex without agreement has landed millions of males in prison and on death row.
The first thing lots of people say is oh he can't be normal to do such a thing
Well I believe they can be normal and still do such a crime.
I really don't think it's a case of 'wanting sex'. Rape is always about power and dominance. It is likely he always had a sexual interest in children which was obviously at its peak when you're a teenager. Obviously I'm not excusing his actions, just attempting to understand. I don't think any of us ever will though. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member