Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm . . . could this update be accurate? Worrisome?

Official: Rescue operation hasn't resumed yet
Live: Thai cave rescue underway - CNN

The operation to extricate the remaining trapped boys and their coach from deep within a Thai cave has not resumed, says Deputy Commander to 3rd Army Region Maj. Gen. Chalongchai Chaiyakum.

The general, who is involved in the decision-making process, told CNN on the phone: “The operation has not resumed yet. We are still in meetings.”

Late Sunday, officials said the operation would pause for at least 10 hours to allow them time to refill spent oxygen tanks.

Oh crud. It's going to be another long night here.

Hang on Wild Boars! Good thoughts to the rescue team.

I feel bad for when they find out that a diver lost his life on the mission. That would be really hard on me, if I were them.
(Giiiirl, I think that might have been when I officially lost it. That was really, really bad...a huuuuge kick in the gut....what a hero. I will never forget that man.)

(Which reminds me a family member who knew I've been such a wreck sent me an excerpt from "chicken soup for the soul"...about kids trapped after an earthquake...I'd find it right now but, um, more important things right noe, after all, we are right in the middle of an extraction!!!!!

I can't stop worrying about that. It is going to be awful. moo
(Jax that's one of the most intense things I've ever seen in my life....that's why I said pleeeeease don't tell the kids and I'm so glad that as far as we know they havent...all of this is going to be so hard, is hard, has been hard...

Jax, I was thinking yesterday and today, you know how Tim Miller, and Mark Klaas, and so many others make amazing differences in the world after this? It would not surprise me one bit if one of these boys becomes a rescue diver (or never wants to see water again, which I wouldn't blame him for), or doctor or nurse, or psychologist..the possiblitzes are endless...obviously they are not done on this earth yet...it is going to be amazing to hear from the boys...maybe they sang songs in the cave, maybe they asked for their coach to be sent out first because they were so worried about him, we just never know what happened in that cave, who comforted who, the whole thing is just so surreal...I scared off my friend last night bc I'm so obsessed with again of this...many people don't get us websleuthers sometimes.

Just updated on CNN. Didn't the operation begin at 10:00 am yesterday. Now I'm worried.

Here's what we know

• Second rescue mission: Monday operation to save the eight boys and their coach still trapped inside a cave in Thailand is yet to begin.
  • Dramatic rescue: After rescuers managed to extract four boys from the caves Sunday night, rescuers had planned to spend at least 10 hours replenishing hundreds of oxygen tanks used in the rescue.
  • Long operation: Eighteen dive experts entered the cave Sunday morning, and emerged nine hours later with the boys in their arms. The children, whose names haven't been officially released, are now recovering in an isolation unit in hospital.
  • VIP arrival: Thailand's Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha due to arrive at the site on Monday to oversee the operation.
We'll be adding further updates as we get them.

Command of Operations #ThamLuang confirms that the second rescue mission has begun.
Macarena Vidal on Twitter

The operation to extricate the remaining trapped boys and their coach from deep within a Thai cave has not resumed, says Deputy Commander to 3rd Army Region Maj. Gen. Chalongchai Chaiyakum.

The general, who is involved in the decision-making process, told CNN on the phone: “The operation has not resumed yet. We are still in meetings.”

Late Sunday, officials said the operation would pause for at least 10 hours to allow them time to refill spent oxygen tanks.

Sooooo which is it?

Just updated on CNN. Didn't the operation begin at 10:00 am yesterday. Now I'm worried.

Here's what we know

• Second rescue mission: Monday operation to save the eight boys and their coach still trapped inside a cave in Thailand is yet to begin.
  • Dramatic rescue: After rescuers managed to extract four boys from the caves Sunday night, rescuers had planned to spend at least 10 hours replenishing hundreds of oxygen tanks used in the rescue.
  • Long operation: Eighteen dive experts entered the cave Sunday morning, and emerged nine hours later with the boys in their arms. The children, whose names haven't been officially released, are now recovering in an isolation unit in hospital.
  • VIP arrival: Thailand's Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha due to arrive at the site on Monday to oversee the operation.

Do you think they're debating on waiting for the pod?
I also wonder if they put off rescuing some of the boys because they weren't ready to dive yet. It's possible that the rest of the kids are slower at learning how to use the equipment properly and or dive/swim. Maybe the other four picked it up pretty quickly and were less of a risk?

They know they have to go in now, it really is now or never, I know we have been saying that for days...the governor said there will never be a better time, unless there is some setback, oh please let this rescue mission go underway.

Here's what we know

Whoa...wait a minute. Why is the Prime Minister coming to 'oversee' the operation???? Does he have any experience with massive rescues from underground caverns?

Sooooo which is it?
I'm going to believe the Commander of Operations, should this tweet be valid. Is this q valid source, tia.

It's on folks. Moo.

Eta: this sounds official to me.

Command of Operations #ThamLuang confirms that the second rescue mission has begun.
Macarena Vidal on Twitter

Eta: deepbreaths.

(Gosh the irony of that, deep breaths...)

*feeling panicky. Going to get really stoned.

Love you guys.

Godspeed!!! Come out boys!!!

Holding hands.

(Eta: hi LDRN, good to see you, old friend)

My concern if the operation in fact has not begun yet is the conditions in the cave are worse due to a day of monsoon. I guess there could be multiple reasons why it hasn't begun?? I was going to catch a few hours of sleep but now I'm too uneasy to fall asleep. What do you guys think?

Ugh this wait is going to be, can't find the word,

The world is ho,ding it's breath right now.

Everyone breathe. Boys breathe. Divers breathe. Children breathe. Coach breathe.

Don't make me start singing "We are the World"...

My concern if the operation in fact has not begun yet is the conditions in the cave are worse due to a day of monsoon. I guess there could be multiple reasons why it hasn't begun?? I was going to catch a few hours of sleep but now I'm too uneasy to fall asleep. What do you guys think?

Being optimistic here, MOO:

I think the fact they haven't started yet today and the mention they are going over plans again is because yesterday's extractions went so well, that they be discussing a more streamlined plan, maybe to get the remaining nine out in a bit more of a "assembly line" manner.

I don't want to give any real estate to doubt and fears in my heart and mind right now.

And as we are seeing, as usual, conflicting stories are all the rage with the news agencies today. *eyeroll* It's hard to tell just exactly is going on.

Color me c.o.n.f.u.s.e.d.
Here is an update from The Guardian 2 Hours Ago

The same divers who rescued the first four boys will also conduct the next operation as they know the cave conditions and what to do, said Thailand’s interior minister.

In comments released by the government, interior minister Anupong Paojinda said officials were meeting on Monday morning about the next stage of the operation and how to extract the remaining nine people from the cave in the country’s north.

Anupong said divers need to place more air canisters along the underwater route to where the boys and their coach are trapped. He said that process can take several hours.

He said the boys who were rescued on Sunday are strong and safe but need to undergo detailed medical checks.

Is the answer to a possible late start the statement bolded above re: need to place more air canisters?

1. 1m1 minute ago
    and an ambulance just drove by.

0 replies0 retweets3 likes

2. 3m3 minutes ago
    a helicopter just landed very close to the rescue site. #ThaiCaveRescue

DhpEFTVUYAEsaQl.jpg

1 reply5 retweets13 likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online