What do you believe will happen to Darlie Routier?

What do you believe will happen to Darlie Routier

• Total voters
I believe she should have a new trial for the following reasons:
1) Inadequate legal representation without a doubt. Her defense attorney allowed the prosecution to start the trial 6 months' from the murders, give or take a few weeks.
Discovery and preparation by the defense should have taken well over a year.

2) The 30,000 errors in the trial transcript with missing audio tapes to clarify what was said. Many " No" answers were changed to " Yes' and vice versa. It was said to be the most errors in a major trial in modern court reporting/ transcription. The lady doing the work believed Darlie was guilty and wanted her to die. Thus, improper and prejudicial court procedure.

3) Conflict of interest with Darlie and defense counsel. Both Darin and Mrs. Key had prior legal business wherein they were represented by her original defense attorney. Also, because Darlie had no separate income, Darin was the guarantor of the attorney's fees. Serious and glaring reason for recusal by an already incompetent attorney.

4) Perhaps because of #3, Darin was never investigated fully by either defense or prosecution. There are 1001 questions left unanswered in my mind about what really happened the night the boys were murdered, and Darin is not exempt from a single one. For example- Why did he go to the neighbor's house to wash his hands as his boys lay dying and his wife was screaming for help?, " Why did he go to another neighbor's house because, according to him, the wife was a nurse", thus leaving the dying boys and bleeding Darlie alone a second time? Why was he outdoors and exactly what was he doing when he found the bloody sock with the boys' blood on it? Why did he enter the living room either nude or undressed from the waist up, according to him at different times in his narrative? What were his drug issues and is that why their bills were behind? Was a toxicology screen done on both Darlie and Darin at Baylor University Dallas? What were the results of each parent's test?

5) The investigators in the case took the 5th amendment many times under cross examination. This is something I've never heard of before. I believe Kron did as well at points.

6) This one is the kicker for me and it's not a point I will argue with anyone regarding any case. Tom Bevel was a blood spatter " expert" who gave utterly damning testimony at Darlie's trial. He is a fraud and a charlatan, a self- made expert, a man who kept no notes, made no records or videos showing how he reached his conclusions about blood being co-mingled or, as he put it, " layered". HE could not duplicate his " laboratory testing" nor could legitimate crime scene processors trained in blood pattern analysis duplicate his results he testified to in dozens of high stakes trials. ( hint- it is not an exact science like Bevel promoted).
Leave Darlie out of it and it's likely that innocent people have already been put to death because of Tom Bevel's lies and incompetence.

I despise him and the other couple of fake " blood spatter experts" who have toyed with words for money and lied about peoples' lives with the heat of 1000 suns for the harm he has done to our CJ system, the science of blood spatter and DNA transfer in general, and, just as importantly, jury understanding and belief in either. Luckily, he has been totally discredited and will never help prosecutors convict YOU or ME of a crime because he was paid to say basically what the DA wanted the results to be. As far as I know, he never once skewed his results in favor of an innocent defendant ( or a guilty one).

2) The 30,000 errors in the trial transcript with missing audio tapes to clarify what was said. Many " No" answers were changed to " Yes' and vice versa. It was said to be the most errors in a major trial in modern court reporting/ transcription. The lady doing the work believed Darlie was guilty and wanted her to die.

The trial WAS recorded and the transcripts were corrected from the recordings

1) Inadequate legal representation without a doubt. Her defense attorney allowed the prosecution to start the trial 6 months' from the murders, give or take a few weeks.

2) The 30,000 errors in the trial transcript with missing audio tapes to clarify what was said. Many " No" answers were changed to " Yes' and vice versa. It was said to be the most errors in a major trial in modern court reporting/ transcription. The lady doing the work believed Darlie was guilty and wanted her to die. Thus, improper and prejudicial court procedure.

3) Conflict of interest with Darlie and defense counsel. Both Darin and Mrs. Key had prior legal business wherein they were represented by her original defense attorney. Also, because Darlie had no separate income, Darin was the guarantor of the attorney's fees. Serious and glaring reason for recusal by an already incompetent attorney.

4) Perhaps because of #3, Darin was never investigated fully by either defense or prosecution. There are 1001 questions left unanswered in my mind about what really happened the night the boys were murdered, and Darin is not exempt from a single one. For example- Why did he go to the neighbor's house to wash his hands as his boys lay dying and his wife was screaming for help?, " Why did he go to another neighbor's house because, according to him, the wife was a nurse", thus leaving the dying boys and bleeding Darlie alone a second time? Why was he outdoors and exactly what was he doing when he found the bloody sock with the boys' blood on it? Why did he enter the living room either nude or undressed from the waist up, according to him at different times in his narrative? What were his drug issues and is that why their bills were behind? Was a toxicology screen done on both Darlie and Darin at Baylor University Dallas? What were the results of each parent's test?

5) The investigators in the case took the 5th amendment many times under cross examination. This is something I've never heard of before. I believe Kron did as well at points.

6) This one is the kicker for me and it's not a point I will argue with anyone regarding any case. Tom Bevel was a blood spatter " expert" who gave utterly damning testimony at Darlie's trial. He is a fraud and a charlatan, a self- made expert, a man who kept no notes, made no records or videos showing how he reached his conclusions about blood being co-mingled or, as he put it, " layered". HE could not duplicate his " laboratory testing" nor could legitimate crime scene processors trained in blood pattern analysis duplicate his results he testified to in dozens of high stakes trials. ( hint- it is not an exact science like Bevel promoted).
Leave Darlie out of it and it's likely that innocent people have already been put to death because of Tom Bevel's lies and incompetence.

I despise him and the other couple of fake " blood spatter experts" who have toyed with words for money and lied about peoples' lives with the heat of 1000 suns for the harm he has done to our CJ system, the science of blood spatter and DNA transfer in general, and, just as importantly, jury understanding and belief in either. Luckily, he has been totally discredited and will never help prosecutors convict YOU or ME of a crime because he was paid to say basically what the DA wanted the results to be. As far as I know, he never once skewed his results in favor of an innocent defendant ( or a guilty one).

I agree with you on some of these aspects, yes drug tox was done on Darlie and it came back negative, along with the negative results on her sons autopsy reports, I don't know about Darin. I didn't know he went hooley gooley running all over to the neighbors, who would even consider leaving the boys or washing their hands, I'd have blood all over me if it was my pets, dog, cats, even my tortoise trying to help them should they be injured let alone a child, of my own, OMG. Darin didn't pay the money, I am 99% certain Darlie Kee her Mother did, maybe I am wrong but there was a quote that the amount was in the upwards of 95,000.00 to the Lawyer. Tom Bevel is terrible what a weirdo, just watching him in action on those old video's exploiting the craft of Blood Splatter and his twisted mannerisms is sick. I 100% agree with you, I hope he got hi License revoked and a lean on his home, and a lawsuit, unbelievable. I think for our peace of mind, she does deserve a new trial, since Forensic Science has vastly improved, and get a reliable Blood Splatter Analyst in there to testify. I hope she gets a trial so we all know the real facts and are 100% certain that someone on Death Row deserves to be there.

Im not completely convinced of her guilt or innocence as the investigation and trial were both so sloppy. Seemed like it was straight out of a bad tv movie all the time. Also seems the press guided the public's views and skewed the facts. It's just a big mess.

The sock bothers me. And if forensics used the same fingerprint brush through out the entire home I feel transfers of fibers and evidence happened.
One more thing. There was too much speculation and not enough facts. It was just an awful investigation and trial.

The way those boys were attacked, Darlie would have been injured far more severely if there was really an intruder.
I've not seen any documentaries as of yet that show any plausible other answer than she did it. Please share links of those that are in favor of her being innocent so I may view as the ones I've seen have been admittedly biased.
As of right now, I believe there will be another year and a death date. She will attempt suicide again and fail and go to the death chamber after a lengthy interview on Dateline. My own opinion.

To characterize Doug Mulder as incompetent is ridiculous. He was one of the most successful prosecutors in Dallas County history.

Still DNA ? I thought it had all been done and nothing was found to bolster her case. I admittedly don’t keep up with it it very well.
She's had more post conviction DNA testing than any other DR inmate and to date there is nothing that proves anyone else was in that house committing murder. It all points back to Darlie. They Y-STR DNA tested that bloody print and no male DNA was found.

Is anybody watching the series about this case on Tuesday nights on ABC? it is pretty good. It seems to me that the prosecution really used her self absorption to make her look like a killer. One of the jurors was interviewed and said something to the effect of what kind of mother gets breast implants? this same juror said the silly string video was icing on the cake and that it showed a very inappropriate response to the death of her sons; remember the prosecution only showed part of that video, not the beginning where she apparently does show sorrow and grief. They also had nurses from the hospital testify she did not cry about the death of her sons even though the medical record describes her as tearful.

I think she deserves a new trial and i think there is enough reasonable doubt to keep her off death row
Oh yeah I watched it and I can tell you that juror is hoping mad for the way she was portrayed. Over 3 hours she spoke to them and she said what they showed was all taken out of context, so they edited her to make her look bad. People who have been called for jury duty especially in a DP case, have a long questionaire to fill in plus they are Voir Dired by both defense and prosecutors so any bias showing and your out. The defense had to agree to accept this woman as a juror so Darlie got the jury they wanted. No sense crying over split milk for not getting the verdict they wanted.

the nurses did nothing wrong. They are allowed to give their personal opinions at trial but not on their chart notes. If she had tears in her eyes, that's tearful for the chart notes.

What I always find ridiculous in reference to the silly string tape was that Darlie invited the media. She clearly knew she was being taped and was ultimately so narcissistic that she couldn't keep her mug off tv.
Yes she did specifically call and invite the media, which everyone forgets. This wasn't a police surveillance video, this was a TV news video, with cameras all around, and she fully knew she was being taped. Including the sob scenes. Puts a little different spin on it, doesn't it?

What I always find ridiculous in reference to the silly string tape was that Darlie invited the media. She clearly knew she was being taped and was ultimately so narcissistic that she couldn't keep her mug off tv.

She wanted the media there so she could show everyone how grief stricken she was. Sickening.

Hi this is my first response to this forum. I voted that she will be executed and crying -at least publicly- innocent till the end. Those will probably be her last words.

Hi, I love reading so many different opinions and views here.
I just read something in this forum that I never knew before, I didn't know that Darin was the one who found the sock. I always thought the police had found it. That's interesting.
I'm with a few of the people here who are not convinced either way of her guilt or her innocence. I've gone back and forth since the first day I heard about the case.

I just read something in this forum that I never knew before, I didn't know that Darin was the one who found the sock. I always thought the police had found it. That's interesting.

Darin did not find the sock. The police did. There are police evidence photographs (you can view them online) showing the sock lying next to the dumpster where it was placed.

A big problem with this case is incorrect information all over the Internet. The trial transcripts and the 911 recording are the things to review for accurate data.

Actually, that juror is pretty upset with the way the Last Defense portrayed her. They edited about 3 minutes of a 3 hour interview to make her look bad. She has complained to ABC and the Last Defense. They did the same thing with the state prosecutors, edited their interviews to make them look bad. Disgusting. The whole show was nothing but a crock of misinformation and lies. Most of the so called evidence they brought up has already been dealt with through the appeals court. The Last Defense was terrible, I'm surprised at Viola Davis. Darlie is not wrongly convicted for one thing.

1. Mulder requested a continuance but was denied by the trial court. Pretty hard to blame him for that.

2. The lady doing the work believed Darlie was guilty and wanted her to die. Thus, improper and prejudicial court procedure.

That is absolute baloney, lol and something you picked up off a Darlie support site. The court reporter didn't even know Darlie why would she want her to die. The transcripts contained many spelling errors that's true. The transcript was correct by Susan Simmons, certified and accepted by the court. The transcript issue is dead and buried. There won't be a new trial on the transcript.

3. Darlie herself waived any COI at the substitution hearing for her new counsel. She lost her appeal, there was no COI

4.) Perhaps because of #3, Darin was never investigated fully by either defense or prosecution.

Darin was fully investigated by police. In fact he was Patterson's fist suspect but Darin's statements remained consistent and Darlie's didn't. Darlie's story changed every time she learned incriminating evidence and that to a homicide detective is suspect. Along with the fact the evidence didn't match the story she told.

Why did he go to the neighbor's house to wash his hands as his boys lay dying and his wife was screaming for help?, " Why did he go to another neighbor's house because, according to him, the wife was a nurse", thus leaving the dying boys and bleeding Darlie alone a second time? Why was he outdoors and exactly what was he doing when he found the bloody sock with the boys' blood on it?

He did not go to a neighbour's house to wash his hands. Their friend who lived across the street Karen Neal was a nurse, he went to get her, he thought she could help and it was after the police arrived so he was given permission by one of the officers. He washed his hands at the Neal's.

Darin did not find the bloody sock outside, the police K9 found it long after Darin had left the scene.

Why did he enter the living room either nude or undressed from the waist up, according to him at different times in his narrative?

Because he was asleep in bed in the nude when Darlie started screaming for him. He went back upstairs to put his pants on because the police were imminent.

What were his drug issues and is that why their bills were behind? Was a toxicology screen done on both Darlie and Darin at Baylor University Dallas? What were the results of each parent's test?

He had no drug issues. At most, both were recreational drug users. Darlie gave pot to her teenage babysitters.

Their bills were behind because they spent every cent they made. Darin's business was failing and he wasn't making any money, they had no savings etc.

Darlie's tox screen showed she was taking amphetamines. Darin's has not been made public since he wasn't a suspect.

6. No one has refuted any of Bevel's work in Darlie's case either, Laber and Epstein couldn't do it. Can't help if you don't like him. There was a ton more evidence than just Bevel's conclusions. Throw out his cast off blood theory, there is still a ton of evidence that Darlie committed the crime. Bevel also had a video demonstration that was shown for the jury along with his testimony. Bevel has only been discredited by people who refuse to accept a guilty verdict in the cases he testified to. A lot of folks will not accept blood spatter evidence as a science that's true and in this case Bevel was only one tiny bit of it. He did not convict Darlie by his testimony and if anyone can prove he lied they can get Darlie a new trial but no one has.

You must despise Laber and Epstein too then, the two blood spatter experts who were hired by the defence but never testified. Laber's findings are similar to Bevel's.

The only way to learn this case is to read the legal documents, transcripts and appeals. You won't learn anything but reading supporters sites or watching videos

Last edited:
Cami, if she dies, she dies. If she lives, she lives.
My life is a peaceful and happy one, and I don't need your form of vitriol spilling onto me, personally. I'm glad I don't live in Rowlett, for certain.

Live and let live, but leave me alone in the future, please. I will not be reading or responding any longer to your posts.

Cami, if she dies, she dies. If she lives, she lives.
My life is a peaceful and happy one, and I don't need your form of vitriol spilling onto me, personally. I'm glad I don't live in Rowlett, for certain.

Live and let live, but leave me alone in the future, please. I will not be reading or responding any longer to your posts.

Vitriol??? It's vitriol to point out errors in your post that new people might take as fact. Sure no problem I will not reply to you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back