Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Travis_Alexander.jpg

Murder of Travis Alexander - Wikipedia
Continue discussion here...

Please keep off topic information to the Sidebar thread.
Please keep this thread case specific.

link for sidebar (members only):
Travis' Sidebar Friends

thread dedicated to Alexander family and friends:
To the Alexander Family - Express your sentiments here

link to previous threads:
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #1
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #2
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #3
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #4
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7
Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #8
Book discussion:
Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #2

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm trying to figure what that rat on the fence deal is lol
The Last Stop has everything might have needed. Easy place to be seen with a gun or ditch it; cell service; showers for after-murder; easy to blend in with the transient crowd; truckers to flirt with or get money from; unobtrusive parking; car wash; vacuum?

Gosh.....all these years after leaving California, wondering what became of the Arias brothers I knew and worked for..........bejeezus.....to find this in the news so many years later.....crazy that little girl turned out to be a monster.

It is such a joke that Jodi Arias wants the trial decision set aside, because the court and trial had a "circus atmosphere", the joke about that is that Jodi Arias was the "star clown"!

If Jodi Arias had not testified for 18 days, (18 days!), it would have been far more difficult for the state to prove the case against her. Her testimony alone nailed her, she continually lied and contradicted herself. And the graphic depiction of sex, really? That was over the top.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/jodi-arias-appeals-murder-conviction-cites-circus-like-trial/
[URL='https://nypost.com/2018/07/07/jodi-arias-appeals-murder-conviction-cites-circus-like-trial/']Jodi Arias appeals murder conviction, cites ‘circus-like’ trial
[/url]
July 7, 2018

PHOENIX — Jodi Arias is asking an appeals court to overturn her murder conviction in the 2008 death of her former boyfriend, saying a prosecutor’s misconduct and a judge’s failure to control news coverage during the salacious case deprived her of the right to a fair trial.

In the appeal released Friday, Arias’ lawyers said prosecutor Juan Martinez improperly questioned witnesses, ignored rulings on evidence and courted news coverage.

The Last Stop has everything might have needed. Easy place to be seen with a gun or ditch it; cell service; showers for after-murder; easy to blend in with the transient crowd; truckers to flirt with or get money from; unobtrusive parking; car wash; vacuum?
Servicing truckers in a truck in the middle of nowhere....her parents must be soooo proud:rolleyes:

Jodi Arias appeals murder conviction, cites ‘circus-like’ trial
July 7, 2018

PHOENIX — Jodi Arias is asking an appeals court to overturn her murder conviction in the 2008 death of her former boyfriend, saying a prosecutor’s misconduct and a judge’s failure to control news coverage during the salacious case deprived her of the right to a fair trial.

In the appeal released Friday, Arias’ lawyers said prosecutor Juan Martinez improperly questioned witnesses, ignored rulings on evidence and courted news coverage.
I guess we're supposed to just forget how she courted news media following her arrest.and,the her interviews (yes plural) after both trials

Thanks for providing the visual about this place. I love cheesy souveneir places like that. Im the first one at the counter buying a unique item to remember the place.

I have wanted to go to Grand Canyon for years and someday I will make it there. Ive always wondered where she tossed the gun and over the Dam was always a place I have wondered about.

This area around the Last Stop is a good theory too. She probably stopped there for sure. Much speculation on how she made her money and the truckers that would go there would give her some money making opportunites to fund the rest of the trip to and from where she was heading.

Remember the long road trip she made out of the way in California to "get her hair done" was her excuse or something like that. Ive always speculated that the reason she went out of the way there was to make some extra funds. I suspect she had a few places that would guarantee her some money making opportunities.

Back to the gun disposal. I hope someday someone finds it. If nothing else it could make someone some good money on Ebay. LOL

If I am ever in that vicinity I would be pulling over in a few places with my metal detector and seeing if she buried it under an old oak tree in the desert or something.

Wherever she threw it out or buried it there is one thing I am pretty sure of. There will be some kind of landmark or something notable about the place. She herself would want to remember where she put it. She was that type of person.

All JMO of course.

Did anyone watch Nurmi last night on “In Defense Of” on ID? I found it interesting except for one part where some talking head stated that Jodi clearly got the better of Juan when she was on the stand. Please. Yes, she was quick on the uptake but she managed to make it clear that she found the whole thing a game and was a loathesome human. Too stupid to realize how she was portraying herself when she did the fake-demure thing for Nurmi and was a smart-mouthed a&& with Juan.

I did appreciate Nurmi’s explanations of what a defense atty may be called on to do lest they violate a defendent’s rights. And he was very clear that Jodi lied her butt off about Travis.

Did anyone watch Nurmi last night on “In Defense Of” on ID? I found it interesting except for one part where some talking head stated that Jodi clearly got the better of Juan when she was on the stand. Please. Yes, she was quick on the uptake but she managed to make it clear that she found the whole thing a game and was a loathesome human. Too stupid to realize how she was portraying herself when she did the fake-demure thing for Nurmi and was a smart-mouthed a&& with Juan.

I did appreciate Nurmi’s explanations of what a defense atty may be called on to do lest they violate a defendent’s rights. And he was very clear that Jodi lied her butt off about Travis.

I missed it and will have to watch for a replay of it.

Spot on about JAs testimony on the stand.
She went so overboard it became obvious what her tactics were.

One thing I will admit that she is good at. Lying. She can lie with the best of them and that is one of the things that frightened me about her. How she could so easily lie and sound convincing. I could really see how she could trap people in her spider web. I think she believed some of her own lies and that made her more convincing at times.

Scary to think that people like her are roaming the world. Glad she is behind bars where she belongs.

Her lying stories to LE in the interview room are classic and should be used by LE to train their investigators in interviewing techniques. LOL

I missed it and will have to watch for a replay of it.

Spot on about JAs testimony on the stand.
She went so overboard it became obvious what her tactics were.

One thing I will admit that she is good at. Lying. She can lie with the best of them and that is one of the things that frightened me about her. How she could so easily lie and sound convincing. I could really see how she could trap people in her spider web. I think she believed some of her own lies and that made her more convincing at times.

Scary to think that people like her are roaming the world. Glad she is behind bars where she belongs.

Her lying stories to LE in the interview room are classic and should be used by LE to train their investigators in interviewing techniques. LOL
I really admire DF.he was so calm and cool during her interrogations knowing she was lying her *** off.if I were the investigating detective on this case,I would've given her a good ol Alabama backhand the first time she said "I would never hurt Travis":mad:

If I am ever in that vicinity I would be pulling over in a few places with my metal detector and seeing if she buried it under an old oak tree in the desert or something.

H4M has a few ideas about where you could get right to it! There's a gap along the road north of Kingman that can potentially be lined up with a cell phone tower. Photos upthread!

Also, I'm not sure would have lingered all by herself in the pitch black desert long enough to dig and bury. It would be just like her to need to be around a lot of other people, even though she had crime-infused artifacts, but also, she used being around other people to convince herself she was "normal".

needed the bright lights of the Last Stop, needed to be convinced she was normal, needed to sex it up with whatever man was handy, needed a hamburger, needed to get washed up to eliminate every trace of TA..... Needed attention above all: that's why she had to make those phone calls, when it would have been so much better planned to wait.

H4M has a few ideas about where you could get right to it! There's a gap along the road north of Kingman that can potentially be lined up with a cell phone tower. Photos upthread!

Also, I'm not sure would have lingered all by herself in the pitch black desert long enough to dig and bury. It would be just like her to need to be around a lot of other people, even though she had crime-infused artifacts, but also, she used being around other people to convince herself she was "normal".

needed the bright lights of the Last Stop, needed to be convinced she was normal, needed to sex it up with whatever man was handy, needed a hamburger, needed to get washed up to eliminate every trace of TA..... Needed attention above all: that's why she had to make those phone calls, when it would have been so much better planned to wait.
*Strums guitar*sings* truckers aaaand bloooowwww

I agree with this. Flores seemed masterful (a great lesson), and there's so much material...hours and hours of that stuff, all 's behavior, lying, etc., and Flores's body language, deliberate flipping of the photo pages (like he didn't know where the one he wanted was lmao), unflappability.... The only thing I wished Flores had done differently is plead with her less to tell him what happened. He was playing her game by pleading with her so much, IMO.

I guess we're supposed to just forget how she courted news media following her arrest.and,the her interviews (yes plural) after both trials

Ya Right, is she serious? My jaw was stuck on open, reading that accusation of the state 'courting news.'

She was the ultimate News Ho, cozying up to every one she could, doing 'exclusives, before, during and after the trial.

Excellent points and this has made the Last Stop rise way up on my list of possible areas she chose to make the final dump of the gun and remaining evidence like any bloody clothing etc.

I think she likely had a plastic garbage bag full and ready to dump on her last trip from the house.

One of the reasons I keep thinking she may have dumped sooner is the thought of having the evidence with her in the car and the need to get rid of it as soon as possible. But then I have to keep reminding myself this is the we are talking about. She is not like others and may not have worried about it till she got to Last Stop area. That area around there may have been her planned area all along to get rid of it.

Thanks for the notes about H4Ms ideas. I will read back to view those. Ive had dreams about driving that area with the mission to find the dump spot. LOL Someday Someday LOL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back