GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

If I followed the story correctly, after the CPS incident and her arrest, he went to court to get custody and terminate her rights. So, he would have known much earlier. But as I said, if I understand the story the way, he describes knowing about the name even before that because in order for her to explain she used Christina Brook was to hide from her mother it would have had to have happened prior to Kimberly taking off with Evan. Keep in mind that he knew Kimberly as Melissa McKernan and it isn't clear when he learned that wasn't her real name either.

It's all very confusing. When I read the story my first impression was that her husband found out her name wasn't really Melissa McKernan when he found out about her putting the name Christina Brook on the BC. I thought that she told him she only used the McKernan name to hide from her mother. My impression was that she was telling him Christina Brook was her real name. But your interpretation makes sense as well. He does mention her using "aliases" before meeting him but it's unclear to me if he realized in the late 1990's when she left him that both names were aliases or if he found that out recently. Did he know back in 1999 that her real name was Kimberly Kessler? I'm not sure. It's possible he did learn that if her mom showed up at the house. I wonder if police contacted him when Kimberly was reported missing? I wonder why those aliases-- Christina Brook and Melissa McKernan were not put on her NAMUS missing report along with the Pamela Kleiber alias. It makes me think LE had not yet connected those names to her and/or her mom did not mention those names when making the report. Hmmmmm....

The more I try to untwist this story the more dizzy I get, lol.
I hope we get a more detailed timeline from LE at some point.

My brain doesn't always remember things. But here goes, I 'thought' I watched a video or read something earlier today that said he didn't even know that Kimberly was her name until the FBI contacted him due to the current murder case.

Some quotes:
A lot more and link: Ex-partner of suspect in Joleen Cummings disappearance case says deceptions, lies began decades ago

Evan is 20 years old and issued a statement that he has nothing to say, doesn't know her or want to be associated with her, and had never even seen a photo of his mother until the FBI contacted him (my paraphrase)

I believe it was the following week that Joleen Cummings had gone missing when the Nassau County Sheriff’s Department and the FBI were trying to contact me and Evan [their son] is when I found out what her actual real name was," Edwards said in an exclusive interview with First Coast News. "When we met each other, her name was, well what she was going by was Melissa McKernen ... then once my son was born she put Christina Brook, Christina Melissa Brook on the birth certificate. So prior to me even meeting her, she had been using aliases. And the reason she told me she was using aliases was to avoid her mother."

My brain doesn't always remember things. But here goes, I 'thought' I watched a video or read something earlier today that said he didn't even know that Kimberly was her name until the FBI contacted him due to the current murder case.

Ah, yes you are correct. So he didn't know her name was Kimberly Kessler until recently. Thanks! I'm really having trouble keeping the details of this whole story straight for some reason.

Edwards didn't want to go into detail of the event, it is something he has discussed with the FBI, but he said Kessler tried to rope him into a "violent event" right after she lost custody of Evan, before she was arrested and skipped town, and at that time he knew he had to part ways and get custody of his son.
Dying to know what this "violent event" was... I'm pretty sure it is something along the same lines she has been arrested for though.

Ex-partner of suspect in Joleen Cummings disappearance case says deceptions, lies began decades ago

I started digging through the ID websites that list her addresses, aliases, and potential associates.

It looks like, with enough time and effort, we could probably piece together her timeline.

There are clear instances where one name is listed as an associate for two or more of her known aliases. When checking the addresses of that shared associate, it appears that they have also shared an address with KK while simultaneously living in a totally different state. Which makes me think that the associate name is just another of her aliases.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, free, non-membership lookup site that I can use?

Just starting to read this thread and am only on the first page, but there was an alias that jumped out at me and seemed familiar to me. Although I still haven't figured out why, I googled the name. So, I apologize if someone has already found this. The name is Pamela Kleiber. I have a feeling that Kessler's family knows some things about here activities over the years. Check this out:

Messages for Kleiber | Zabasearch Message Search
I think, Connie maybe KK's twin sister. As if the case wouldn't be complicated enough ....

What a completely barren way to live. You have to have something really wrong in your head to not live as yourself and change your identities over and over again. Some deep psychological stuff going on there.
I imagine it’s quite easy if you never stay anywhere too long and are running from something. she clearly moved around a lot and clearly didn’t wanna be found.

I started digging through the ID websites that list her addresses, aliases, and potential associates.

It looks like, with enough time and effort, we could probably piece together her timeline.

There are clear instances where one name is listed as an associate for two or more of her known aliases. When checking the addresses of that shared associate, it appears that they have also shared an address with KK while simultaneously living in a totally different state. Which makes me think that the associate name is just another of her aliases.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, free, non-membership lookup site that I can use?
Have you come across her aliases for the North Carolina locations? I haven't been able to find her yet in North Carolina. Maybe I haven't looked hard enoungh yet!

Ah, yes you are correct. So he didn't know her name was Kimberly Kessler until recently. Thanks! I'm really having trouble keeping the details of this whole story straight for some reason.
Me too!~ I think the number of lies...versus what facts we've been given... a tangled mess!

I am not completely sold on this unless at the time her mother showed up that her mother used the name Melissa to refer to Kimberly. Otherwise, I am dumbfounded about how that encounter went down without using "Kimberly's" name in one form or another.

This is why I said earlier that there is something important missing out of the story. It is very possible that her mother knew of Kimberly's aliases up to a certain point or even throughout all of this despite anything she has said in the media.

I am not completely sold on this unless at the time her mother showed up that her mother used the name Melissa to refer to Kimberly. Otherwise, I am dumbfounded about how that encounter went down without using "Kimberly's" name in one form or another.

This is why I said earlier that there is something important missing out of the story. It is very possible that her mother knew of Kimberly's aliases up to a certain point or even throughout all of this despite anything she has said in the media.

Was he definitely there when the mom showed up? Maybe Kimberly relayed the interaction to him when he got home from work or something. Or Kimberly went outside to tell her mom to leave and came back inside angry. The wording in the article I read didn’t seem to indicate whether or not he met Kimberly’s mom, but I may be glossing over something since I’m tired.

I’m kind of curious why you seem to not believe him. What do you think he has to hide or what reason he has to lie?

Was he definitely there when the mom showed up? Maybe Kimberly relayed the interaction to him when he got home from work or something. Or Kimberly went outside to tell her mom to leave and came back inside angry. The wording in the article I read didn’t seem to indicate whether or not he met Kimberly’s mom, but I may be glossing over something since I’m tired.

I’m kind of curious why you seem to not believe him. What do you think he has to hide or what reason he has to lie?
I think that there are things being left out that were told to the FBI but the FBI has asked not be shared. But, once again, he describes and contends that Kimberly's mother did, in fact, meet Evan. He could not be certain of that unless he was there. Otherwise, he should say that the only way he knows Kimberly's mother was lying about not seeing Evan was because Kimberly told him about it.

So, no matter what happened with that encounter I can't imagine that Kimberly's mother referred to Kimberly, interacted with Kimberly, using nothing more than personal pronouns or just looking in her direction and speaking. That is, I can't believe Kimberly's mother didn't refer to Kimberly by a name.

So, for me, the only question I have is what name was it.

If it was Melissa then that means Kimberly's mother was aware that Kimberly had been passing herself off as Melissa McKernan for years.

If it was Kimberly then it would not be consistent with the story related by Evan's father and I can't imagine that wouldn't have stirred things up more.

So I think that there is a small detail being left out. Why that is I don't know.

Also, there is another missing detail. From the story we know that KImberly's mother saw Evan despite what Kimberly's mother has related in the media. What we don't know is whether or not the primary purpose of Kimberly's mother tracking down Kimberly in Virginia Beach was to, in fact, see Evan or if that was just a consequence of showing up to find Kimberly.

It would be helpful to know just how much her mother really knows about Kimberly's aliases and activities. I think she knows way more than she has said and that I don't believe that they were out of contact for any great amount of time. It would not surprise me if Kimberly and her mother had been in contact via something like Facebook. But that would be under some fake profile for Kimberly and possibly even a fake one for her mother.

I know I haven't come across one facebook or other social media for any of Kimberly's aliases. One would think that she would have such things to make her identity "more real". If anyone has found Kimberly anywhere on social media under any name I would hope they would share a link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back