GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Psychology of Hate

"Acts of hate are attempts to distract oneself from feelings such as helplessness, powerlessness, injustice, inadequacy and shame. Hate is grounded in some sense of perceived threat. It is an attitude that can give rise to hostility and aggression toward individuals or groups. Like much of anger, it is a reaction to and distraction from some form of inner pain. The individual consumed by hate may believe that the only way to regain some sense of power over his or her pain is to preemptively strike out at others. In this context, each moment of hate is a temporary reprieve from inner suffering."

Thanks - this is exactly what I was trying to say. And I think DM perceived WM to be a threat in a number of ways, but primarily as a threat to his lifestyle. A "together" WM shuts down DM's freeloading rampages as a responsible and engaged parent would. A virtually absent WM in "freefall" squanders the family fortune before DM has his fill.

Either way, DM's parasitic life of crime might have soon changed from "rich and indifferent bad boy seeks thrills" to "broke and desperate has-been seeks sustenance."

But a deceased WM is not a threat to DM any longer. Problem solved.

Incidentally, I think DM called MB first so he could have a "dress rehearsal" to prepare for when authorities would show up. He could tell his "story," let his mom take a look at the staging, er, I mean scene, and let her point out what issues she might. Then together they could determine which things needed tweaking - in story or scene - before showtime (or rather, the call to notify authorities).

Not saying MB knew ahead of time, because he would need to see her raw reaction to the scene to determine whether his ridiculous story was going to fly. But, I think if she was immediately suspicious he'd know the cops would be too. And I believe she would help him set up a more believable scene if necessary (to include the poor pitiful WM narrative).

This is all MOO.

Sorry to double post, but was just reading over on the Michael Chambers thread where @ocgrad had posted a link to a very interesting essay on mistakes commonly made by investigators responding to reports of suicide. I found it rather relevant to WM's death investigation, such as it was, and thought you guys might be interested in it. You can find it here:
The Seven Major Mistakes in Suicide Investigation

Sorry to double post, but was just reading over on the Michael Chambers thread where @ocgrad had posted a link to a very interesting essay on mistakes commonly made by investigators responding to reports of suicide. I found it rather relevant to WM's death investigation, such as it was, and thought you guys might be interested in it. You can find it here:
Wow - thanks! - seems as if they made every one of these mistakes (other than the one relating to suicide notes.)

I remember reading this a long time ago, and thinking it may have been mentioned in the thread previously, but yes.. with so much info out there, it's just unthinkable that someone could get away with murder so easily, even with all those police people involved.. (other than the one detective who seemed to have done his best in every way he could).
I noted this particular sentence in the above link. If it's pretty much unheard of for someone to shoot themselves in the eye, shouldn't that have been a starting point for suspicion for the coroner?:
"Likewise, in suicide cases, there appear to be preferences and avoidances for certain parts of the body."

Thanks - this is exactly what I was trying to say. And I think DM perceived WM to be a threat in a number of ways, but primarily as a threat to his lifestyle. A "together" WM shuts down DM's freeloading rampages as a responsible and engaged parent would. A virtually absent WM in "freefall" squanders the family fortune before DM has his fill.

Either way, DM's parasitic life of crime might have soon changed from "rich and indifferent bad boy seeks thrills" to "broke and desperate has-been seeks sustenance."

But a deceased WM is not a threat to DM any longer. Problem solved.

Incidentally, I think DM called MB first so he could have a "dress rehearsal" to prepare for when authorities would show up. He could tell his "story," let his mom take a look at the staging, er, I mean scene, and let her point out what issues she might. Then together they could determine which things needed tweaking - in story or scene - before showtime (or rather, the call to notify authorities).

Not saying MB knew ahead of time, because he would need to see her raw reaction to the scene to determine whether his ridiculous story was going to fly. But, I think if she was immediately suspicious he'd know the cops would be too. And I believe she would help him set up a more believable scene if necessary (to include the poor pitiful WM narrative).

This is all MOO.
And she (MB) could also be the grieving family that DM was incapable of being, but he knew it would be expected.

It was reported (and I can’t recall the source right now) that MB had called WM just a few weeks before his death, after not having spoken to him for some time prior. I find it peculiar that she would have a need to speak with him, and within weeks, he’s dead. I believe that MB was called to get something hidden in the house that Dellen could not access himself — such as in the safe. It may have been cash, or documents that he needed, or perhaps he wanted to know which guns were still stored in that safe to support his fantasy. DM's story in his interview about only seeing the safe opened so many times seemed quite detailed and significant, in that he was making it clear he didn’t have access to it. I think MB was called because she may have known the combination and stolen things before the police arrived. MOO

I've been out of touch with this case since testimony wound up. When is the decision expected?

Victimology is the collection and assessment of all significant information as it relates to the victim and his or her lifestyle. Personality, employment, education, friends, habits, hobbies, marital status, relationships, dating history, sexuality, reputation, criminal record, history of alcohol or drugs, physical condition and neighborhood of residence are all pieces of the mosaic that comprise victimology. The bottom line is “Who was the victim and what was going on in his or her life at the time of the event.” The best sources of information will be friends, family, associates and neighbors and that will be the initial focus of the investigation.
bbm and underlinded
Perhaps LE should prove exactly the same points re an only left hire of the victim, who is present at the scene and telling them frankly about a "very good, suitable reason", why the victim would have commited suicide?!

So, I’ve been curious about something. DM testified that he bought the gun for WM as a birthday gift during the MWJ trial. That information was not brought out during the WM murder trial though, right? So, does that mean that when the judge considers the DNA evidence of DM on the gun, that she must conclude he handled it at the time of death? Since the only information that came out during this trial was DM’s DNA on the gun, but no explanation testified to?

So, I’ve been curious about something. DM testified that he bought the gun for WM as a birthday gift during the MWJ trial. That information was not brought out during the WM murder trial though, right? So, does that mean that when the judge considers the DNA evidence of DM on the gun, that she must conclude he handled it at the time of death? Since the only information that came out during this trial was DM’s DNA on the gun, but no explanation testified to?
I know that we discussed it here about DM having bought the gun for WM as a birthday gift... but do you have a link? I don't reall DM testifying at all in any of the trials? So how would that info have become known?? (Did DM testify at MWJ's trial??)
In the WM trial, it did come out that DM had purchased the gun illegally from MWJ, who had been convicted OF selling the gun to him, although whether or not it was for WM's birthday wasn't mentioned (AFAIK)... so that would therefore potentially explain DM's DNA on the gun?

Reactions: JPC
O/T
Correction - June 26, 2018: This article was edited from a previous version that mistakenly referred to Wayne Millard as Wayne Pillay in one reference.

Rosie DiManno is a columnist based in Toronto covering sports and current affairs.

I know that we discussed it here about DM having bought the gun for WM as a birthday gift... but do you have a link? I don't reall DM testifying at all in any of the trials? So how would that info have become known?? (Did DM testify at MWJ's trial??)
In the WM trial, it did come out that DM had purchased the gun illegally from MWJ, who had been convicted OF selling the gun to him, although whether or not it was for WM's birthday wasn't mentioned (AFAIK)... so that would therefore potentially explain DM's DNA on the gun?

I can’t seem to find the source of the gun being purchased as a gift. I do not know where the source of the birthday gift information came from? I do see that now it was noted during the WM trial that DM purchased the gun.

Of several guns that Millard had purchased before and after the alleged murder of Laura Babcock, the existence of only one was deemed admissible — a .32 calibre firearm Millard bought from a now convicted (and extraordinarily tattooed) gun trafficker, brought from the hoosegow to testify (twice), but narrowly. Millard acquired that gun in early July, 2012, so analogous with Babcock’s disappearance at a time when the defendants were allegedly planning and deliberating Babcock’s murder.

So, a good-to-go-in gun, unlike the .9mm Walther Millard acquired in February of that year or his purchase of another handgun in September or his attempts to buy a gun and ammunition for Smich during a trip to the U.S. in April.

The .32 was found lying beside Millard’s father, Wayne Millard, in November, 2012, in what was initially ruled a suicide. Millard said he’d bought it as a birthday present for his dad, who at one time had up to half a dozen guns in the house.

Millard has since been charged with murdering his own father, with trial scheduled for next March.

Opinion | Guns, murder and the 'garage confession': What the Laura Babcock jury wasn't told

I seriously hope this does not interfere with any judgements against DM IF he is found guilty.

If there is any estate, it needs to go to the VICTIMS! IMO

I seriously hope this does not interfere with any judgements against DM IF he is found guilty.

If there is any estate, it needs to go to the VICTIMS! IMO
If he is found guilty, the money is not his to be awarded in a lawsuit.. (other than the portions from whatever he shared on title with his dad which was owned in a way that meant whatever-it-was would pass directly to DM). Anything held in WM's name alone, would not be eligible. This is the case whether or not WM happens to have another 'heir'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks