Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

Daniel Sutton‏Verified account @danielsutton10
At airport, ran into Suthee Sommart, a rock climber who scoured the #ThamLuang mountain looking for another way in to find the boys. Look carefully at his photo - he and his mates took a pic exactly the same as the #WildBoars

Dh4hHe4VQAErfsq.jpg

10:58 PM - 11 Jul 2018

'Australian diver who was 'essential' in the rescue of Thai soccer team opens up about the daring mission for the first time
'So you're following the (guide) line with your hand and you basically might as well have you eyes closed for the whole trip with a small boy being cradled in your arms and feeling your way through rocks and posting yourself sideways through little holes.'
Australian diver opens up for about Thai soccer team rescue | Daily Mail Online

Also:

The hero of the Thai cave: Poor Myanmar refugee boy, 14, who was abandoned by his parents and now speaks five languages helped coordinate rescuers in English

Thai cave boy hero, 14, helped rescuers with his command of English | Daily Mail Online

Don't think anything much new in here, but more strung together and it's a nice story.

Do you know, I feel like in years to come some of the boys might, in small ways, see this whole event as a blessing, it could really shape their lives in a positive way. Getting Thai nationality, money, attention, learning new languages, being given opportunities to travel etc etc. If a film is made they will benefit financially and in other ways, they will be really looked after for years to come if they're able to embrace it all. I would not be surprised if some join the SEALS or have some kind of medical / rescue career , I feel like lots of good is going to come out of this for those gorgeous lads.

I just hope they can all "roll with it" and that their ordeal doesn't have long term negatives, but who knows, fingers crossed we're still here in 10 years smiling at stories about them all.

CD268A58-1B9F-4DC0-8A1E-5BBAAC09ABF7.jpeg FC6DF8DC-6DBA-4961-9ABA-35429918779A.jpeg
So that's made me blub like a baby. Has anyone seen a still image of the heart shaped sketch that they could post here?

Also, so lucky that John even got through to the boys on that first day, he looks like a giant compared to his colleague and the Thais!!

This is the best I could do with a screenshot. I can't get it to show, but there are two pics ... click the arrow to see the second

Last edited:
This song kept playing on my way home from work!
The lyrics really got to me, "There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do"

Is there any news on the littlest and the coach?

RIP Avicii
rosem-smiley.gif
Another of his songs is... "He said one day, you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" ... our Seal really did. Oh my... I love Avicii

Hi Alice! We are slowing down now, with so few new updates. It has been such a comforting thread here that I almost hate to see it go away. But it is for a wonderful reason. I do hope to see everyone around the other threads, too!

And with that, I really need to catch up on housework!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back