MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue that having a mental illness does not, by definition, make one actively mentally ill. Like many physical problems, mental disorders flare and fade. What is impossible one day may be easy a week later. With medication, some
can be controlled indefinitely. I have diagnoses myself but that does not make me permanently 'mentally ill'.

^YES, this! I have a friend who went through a very traumatic time period (not in combat) and it spiraled into PTSD for her, which *is* classified as a "mental disorder," I get this...but she also (bit by bit, over years) recovered from it, where she currently has no discernible symptoms. And like you said very well, it's not the same as ongoing "mental illness" which shows itself in a much different manner.

This is exactly why I (and I think many posters) understood very much what "inmyhumbleopinion" was also saying, and the very legit point being made!

Argh... I'm really wanting an update from LE in this case. I hope a lot is going on behind the scenes.

Total respect for all WS posters on this thread...and how apparent it is we all care what happened to Ally and have been trying to help... many here so much longer than I've been engaged, so I've got little right to feel really frustrated/impatient with no new news (though I still am, lol) *_*

Depression and medication? I did post an example upthread
Does he have depression? Is he taking medication for it? Your example was mostly anecdotal, and about a different case.

Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and Violent Crime: A Cohort Study

“there was a significant association between SSRIs and violent crime convictions for individuals aged 15 to 24 y (HR = 1.43, 95% CI 1.19–1.73, p < 0.001, absolute risk = 3.0%). However, there were no significant associations in those aged 25–34 y (HR = 1.20, 95% CI 0.95–1.52, p = 0.125, absolute risk = 1.6%), in those aged 35–44 y (HR = 1.06, 95% CI 0.83–1.35, p = 0.666, absolute risk = 1.2%), or in those aged 45 y or older (HR = 1.07, 95% CI 0.84–1.35, p = 0.594, absolute risk = 0.3%).

“The lack of a significant association between SSRIs and violent crime among most people taking SSRIs is reassuring; the association between violent crimes and than 25 years is worrying.”

Margaret River massacre: Depression drug clue to grandfather’s murder of family | PerthNow
“It seems the antidepressants he had been prescribed were not working,” she said, adding that some antidepressant medication had “no warnings on the box” but came with the risk of “terrible side effects” including suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming others.
Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018
Neither the man in Australia nor Franz are under 25 years old. And no one in that article seems to know what he was prescribed or if he had been compliant. We know even less about any possible suspect in this case.

I wonder, why A. did own a rescue dog?

Because she was a compassionate person who liked animals, probably. A lot of people own rescued dogs or cats.

Ally’s soft spot for animals was just another part of her kind, caring, compassionate personality, her mother said. Nikki points to Zeus, a white boxer/American bulldog mixed breed that the Brueger family rescued at Ally’s urging in January.

“She went out that Saturday to run and she never came back and this poor dog doesn’t understand," Nikki said. "When he came to us in January, he had separation anxiety issues and even though Ally was living someplace else, she would come and visit often because she liked to spend time with us and the dog. When she moved back and she would leave for work or to go on runs, I would tell him, ‘Ally’s going, but she’ll come back.’ But she didn’t come home from that run and her car is out there and she’s not in it and she's not in her room. She’s missing and he doesn’t understand.”
Murder on the mind: The hunt for Ally Brueger's killer

Because she was a compassionate person who liked animals, probably. A lot of people own rescued dogs or cats.

Ally’s soft spot for animals was just another part of her kind, caring, compassionate personality, her mother said. Nikki points to Zeus, a white boxer/American bulldog mixed breed that the Brueger family rescued at Ally’s urging in January.

“She went out that Saturday to run and she never came back and this poor dog doesn’t understand," Nikki said. "When he came to us in January, he had separation anxiety issues and even though Ally was living someplace else, she would come and visit often because she liked to spend time with us and the dog. When she moved back and she would leave for work or to go on runs, I would tell him, ‘Ally’s going, but she’ll come back.’ But she didn’t come home from that run and her car is out there and she’s not in it and she's not in her room. She’s missing and he doesn’t understand.”
Murder on the mind: The hunt for Ally Brueger's killer

My mistake: a rescue dog did I mix with a rescued dog. :D Now I'm well informed, thanks.

Does he have depression? Is he taking medication for it? Your example was mostly anecdotal, and about a different case.

“there was a significant association between SSRIs and violent crime convictions for individuals aged 15 to 24 y (HR = 1.43, 95% CI 1.19–1.73, p < 0.001, absolute risk = 3.0%). However, there were no significant associations in those aged 25–34 y (HR = 1.20, 95% CI 0.95–1.52, p = 0.125, absolute risk = 1.6%), in those aged 35–44 y (HR = 1.06, 95% CI 0.83–1.35, p = 0.666, absolute risk = 1.2%), or in those aged 45 y or older (HR = 1.07, 95% CI 0.84–1.35, p = 0.594, absolute risk = 0.3%).

“The lack of a significant association between SSRIs and violent crime among most people taking SSRIs is reassuring; the association between violent crimes and than 25 years is worrying.”

Yes, anecdotal, as were the examples of medics killing people. My example was a father killing his daughter, grandchildren, wife and himself.

Yes, anecdotal, as were the examples of medics killing people. My example was a father killing his daughter, grandchildren, wife and himself.

I'm sorry, I'm still not seeing the connection to this case? This is an individual murder, not a family annihilator case, and we don't know if her dad was even on any medication. While we can certainly explore ideas of what may have happened, I personally find that to be very confusing when those ideas don't appear to have any basis in the known facts of a case. I mean, I could say, "in such and such case someone committed murder when they were using bath salts, so maybe the killer in this case was using bath salts." It's literally possible but not likely.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding or missed some information which would relate the two cases?

The examples of medics involved in crimes was not anecdotal. They were real cases based on actual facts and evidence. It wasn't someone heard something about a medic who maybe killed someone. Gossip about a family annihilator is just that - gossip, speculation, rumours.

Neither the man in Australia nor Franz are under 25 years old. And no one in that article seems to know what he was prescribed or if he had been compliant. We know even less about any possible suspect in this case.
Suspect: a 61 year old man, known as a nice, busy farmer, with severe depression, financial sorrows and medical treatment, which didn't help but made his condition worse (that's fact, as his wife told neighbours). 5 x murder, 1 x suicide, one day all of a sudden.

PTSD is going along with depression, afaik, and can be treated medically. IF this isn't too far fetched in case Franz, then one could assume, his condition wasn't the best perhaps and maybe got worse. We don't know.
Anyhow I didn't find the comparison outlandish or unnecessary. That's me.

Suspect: a 61 year old man, known as a nice, busy farmer, with severe depression, financial sorrows and medical treatment, which didn't help but made his condition worse (that's fact, as his wife told neighbours). 5 x murder, 1 x suicide, one day all of a sudden.

PTSD is going along with depression, afaik, and can be treated medically. IF this isn't too far fetched in case Franz, then one could assume, his condition wasn't the best perhaps and maybe got worse. We don't know.
Anyhow I didn't find the comparison outlandish or unnecessary. That's me.

What is the comparison though? That's what's missing. There's nothing to tie the cases together. All I see is an illogical leap taken to implicate a man in his daughter's murder.

What is the comparison though? That's what's missing. There's nothing to tie the cases together. All I see is an illogical leap taken to implicate a man in his daughter's murder.

I agree. Not every murder committed by a male older than 55 is comparable to this case, and that's what I'm seeing. If we're going to stretch our logic to such lengths then perhaps we need to look at statistics and cases where an ex or current boyfriend has killed a woman and post all of those cases here? Not accusing anyone, just pointing out that "dad kills family member" cases with no actual connections to this one aren't particularly helpful with this one.

So I'll ask again--what, exactly, is the connection between this case, where a young woman was shot in the back on a public road in the middle of the day, and the case where the father annihilates his entire family, in their home? What is the connection? If there is even one, which I strongly doubt, it's tenuous at best, and I'm being generous even saying that.

Also, since when has this place not been victim friendly? Is Franz, a bereaved father, an exception to this rule and I missed the announcement? He lost his only child to murder, for goodness' sake!

“She went out that Saturday to run and she never came back and this poor dog doesn’t understand," Nikki said. "When he came to us in January, he had separation anxiety issues and even though Ally was living someplace else, she would come and visit often because she liked to spend time with us and the dog."

Can't quite figure out how to quote whole posts yet but BBM from Nikki's bit, it doesn't quite tie up with what we're hearing here.

Anything could be true/false at this point but.... I just don't know.

Need more perspective.

The examples of medics involved in crimes was not anecdotal. They were real cases based on actual facts and evidence. It wasn't someone heard something about a medic who maybe killed someone. Gossip about a family annihilator is just that - gossip, speculation, rumours.

The WS case I linked was a real case and was in response to CM2121. It isn't gossip.

The WS case I linked was a real case and was in response to CM2121. It isn't gossip.
You linked to speculation from family members. I didn't say it wasn't a real case - I said "Gossip about a family annihilator is just that - gossip, speculation, rumours." If there are actual facts from that case that can somehow logically be applied to this case my mind is open, but there's nothing there.

If we want to look for comparisons between cases maybe we should look at Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte. Both of those women were murdered while out for a jog.

NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

Those have already been brought up as well as the Rebecca Bletsch jogger case.
With AB, LE believe the killer was known to her and those known to her are suspects.

I am hoping CM2121 may have some copies of the last SM messages/texts received/sent by AB as we have not been able to see them for ourselves AFAIK.

You linked to speculation from family members. I didn't say it wasn't a real case - I said "Gossip about a family annihilator is just that - gossip, speculation, rumours." If there are actual facts from that case that can somehow logically be applied to this case my mind is open, but there's nothing there.

If we want to look for comparisons between cases maybe we should look at Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte. Both of those women were murdered while out for a jog.

NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1
Yes, ma'am, I agree. If there is an actual, legitimate connection worthy of comparison, then I would hope that the poster would answer the numerous requests to identify exactly what that connection is. Like, why they think it's is remotely relevant.

We've received a query on whether or not Alexandra's parents are victims. Thank you for asking.

Alexandra's parents are certainly victims by WS standards. There are no officially announced POIs or suspects. You may discuss respectfully what has been contained in MSM about her parents or what they may have said in MSM. You may not sleuth them or make accusations against them. A VI is allowed to make statements without those statements being substantiated by or linked to MSM. You may ask the VI respectful questions about any assertions they may make, but if those assertions or statements are accusations against the parents, you may not engage in making accusations or negative insinuations yourself.

I'm going to tag @Tricia on this post and she may review this and think differently than what I've laid out above, in which case Tricia's word trumps mine and one of us will let you know.
Bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member