ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica kept looking back for what to make sure someone grabbed DeOrr.
That sounds right to me.
Could it be she manipulated VDK to feel guilty, like it was his fault? What better way to cover her own *advertiser censored*? Some guys tend to be overly defensive when they’re single out to feel responsible for something, even if they’re innocent. Just from my own experience. Jmo

It has always sat wrong with me.

I do think Vernal was over compensating, maybe to "protect" Jessica for being a bad mom. She was the one who wanted to go camping with grandpa.

I'm not so sure Vernal is the sharpest knife in the block

I still think the key could be Great Grandpa. Jessica and Isaac would likely want to protect him if he caused an accident. If Vernal got swept into a "hide the body" scenario he would also want to keep schtum.

I think 3 of them know exactly what happened, while Isaac strongly suspects but wasn't fully party to it and chose to turn a blind eye. JMO.

Three years. In 3 years a body might reasonably think someone would give a clue - but nothing. I'm almost beginning to think MAYBE they don't know what happened to him, or MAYBE only 1 of them does. If only 1 does, that could explain why there has been no hints or clues. A little boy does NOT vanish into thin air.

Then again, and I'm ducking the tomatoes, maybe a wild animal did take him. Searchers/trackers/dogs, no matter how good they are, aren't always successful. There's plenty of evidence for that.

Three years. In 3 years a body might reasonably think someone would give a clue - but nothing. I'm almost beginning to think MAYBE they don't know what happened to him, or MAYBE only 1 of them does. If only 1 does, that could explain why there has been no hints or clues. A little boy does NOT vanish into thin air.

Then again, and I'm ducking the tomatoes, maybe a wild animal did take him. Searchers/trackers/dogs, no matter how good they are, aren't always successful. There's plenty of evidence for that.

Not throwing tomatoes (j/k), but I think if an animal took him there would be at least SOME sort of evidence, drag marks or blood, his boots which were too big for him would have come off...
Even such a small child would have put up a fight.

About a dozen people showed up.

"(...) They said a prayer together and walked around the Snake River holding signs bearing of photos of DeOrr and heartfelt messages (...)

DeOrr’s mother, Jessica Mitchell, attended the walk but his father, Vernal DeOrr Kunz, was not there (...)

Family, friends gather to pray and walk for DeOrr Kunz | East Idaho News

JMO
Wait a minute. Am I seeing a map right that this "Idaho Falls Greenbelt" is right up against the Snake River?

And I think this location is nowhere near the campgrounds if I am not mistaken.

Wasnt the Snake River in one of the theories of where the boy may have been placed because of a theory involving a slip-up saying the Snake River in one of the interviews.

Is it possible the walk may be close to where the boy ended up?

Google Maps

On 3-year anniversary of his disappearance, DeOrr's grandmother invites community to walk with her | East Idaho News

JMO
Wait a minute. Am I seeing a map right that this "Idaho Falls Greenbelt" is right up against the Snake River?

Wasnt the Snake River in one of the theories of where the boy may have been placed because of a theory involving a slip-up saying the Snake River in one of the interviews.

Google Maps

On 3-year anniversary of his disappearance, DeOrr's grandmother invites community to walk with her | East Idaho News

The family is from Idaho Falls. The Snake River runs through Idaho Falls on its way across southern Idaho. The campground is closer to the tiny Town of Leadore, which is generally thought of as somewhere to get gas on the way to the picturesque town of Salmon, Idaho and all the outdoor activities available in the vast wilderness. The Snake River Greenway in Idaho Falls is a common area for events; there was another walk down there recently regarding the treatment of immigrant families. It's just a logical public place in town to do that sort of thing; it's right downtown. HTH

ETA that isn't to say the river couldn't have played a role, just that it's not suspicious on its own that the walk was held there.

The family is from Idaho Falls. The Snake River runs through Idaho Falls on its way across southern Idaho. The campground is closer to the tiny Town of Leadore, which is generally thought of as somewhere to get gas on the way to the picturesque town of Salmon, Idaho and all the outdoor activities available in the vast wilderness. The Snake River Greenway in Idaho Falls is a common area for events; there was another walk down there recently regarding the treatment of immigrant families. It's just a logical public place in town to do that sort of thing; it's right downtown. HTH

ETA that isn't to say the river couldn't have played a role, just that it's not suspicious on its own that the walk was held there.

Thanks for the extra information on the locations of each place. It could be nothing and maybe that slip-up around 11:45 in the interview is nothing more than a slip-up because he was probably more familiar with the snake river.

Its just that people usually have memorial type things as close to where the tragedy is so it does make you wonder.

Sure wish this case gets solved by LE someday. This is one of those cases that you never forget about.

My theories are either Jessica set up an abduction cause she really didn't like being a mom full-time and people would have looked down on her to give up yet a 3rd child, as her ex has custody of the older 2.

The other thought is that Jessica left DeOrr with great grandpa and an accident happened maybe when getting ready to go camping.

If I remember correctly Vernal was at work and really didn't want to go camping, maybe the camping trip was a last minute thing, which is what I think that Vernal came home from work and was told guess what we are going camping with great grandpa.

Every day I think about little DeOrr wondering what really happened to him.

JMO

Google Maps

What flourish posted makes sense, but I'd still like to know who came up with this location .

My theories are either Jessica set up an abduction cause she really didn't like being a mom full-time and people would have looked down on her to give up yet a 3rd child, as her ex has custody of the older 2.

The other thought is that Jessica left DeOrr with great grandpa and an accident happened maybe when getting ready to go camping.

If I remember correctly Vernal was at work and really didn't want to go camping, maybe the camping trip was a last minute thing, which is what I think that Vernal came home from work and was told guess what we are going camping with great grandpa.

JMO
Yeah. I have considered most of those theories as well. The camping trip seemed rushed and it really makes me think something happened before the trip.

V didnt even like camping much if I remember right and if I remember right he had to make an excuse at work to go. Or something like that. Then we have Grandpa in bad health going which is another bizarre element. I think he went along because he was one of the only ones that even knew about the secluded campground place. Then the friend gets dragged along.

The whole trip seemed like a rushed thing for another motive to me.

I flip flop on whether the boy ever made the trip or not. Sometimes I think he never went and they just propped up his car seat to make it look like he went. I dont think the friend was paying attention much about the boy so I cant rely too much on things he think he saw.

My heart hopes they gave the boy up to an out of state acquaintance to care for as their own. But my feelings mostly fall into some sort of terrible accident and coverup of the accident.

They could have invited Isaac as some sort of scapegoat...any weirdo is a nice target. I also go back and forth with my different theories :( If they disposed him before arriving at the campground he could be anywhere. A culvert, under a bridge, drainage pipe:(

What flourish posted makes sense, but I'd still like to know who came up with this location .

I get the concern. Where he supposedly went missing from is quite a drive and there's nothing up there, so it really wouldn't make sense to have it up there when the families live in IF. I wish I'd have known before hand I would have attended and did some recon.

I need reminders for next year, I guess.

They could have invited Isaac as some sort of scapegoat...any weirdo is a nice target. I also go back and forth with my different theories :( If they disposed him before arriving at the campground he could be anywhere. A culvert, under a bridge, drainage pipe:(
There are endless possibilities for a disposal between Idaho Falls and the campground. That little of a body could easily be disbursed etc with animal activity quickly out there, imo, and never found. I keep hoping someone will find something and they can get DNA and get some closure.

IIRC Jessica and Vernal claimed to investigators and in an interview that they had never met Isaac, didn’t know him at all. Yet, Jessica took care of GGP and Isaac was his good friend, so I do have some doubt she had never met him. But I suppose it’s possible, and she set this up with someone and Isaac had no involvement. Yet they also went to considerable lengths to find him that day considering they didn’t even know him, seems they wanted to be sure he was on that camping trip. Speculating...

After seeing GGP's interview this is my main theory too (though anything is possible). I think he did something then came up with the camping cover story and everyone went along with it out of loyalty and/or fear.

And Isaac has some mental issues. To me he comes across like someone who can be talked into believing something. I know that the results of polygraphs have to be taken with a grain of salt, but we have four persons here: the parents failed miserably, the two others were inconclusive.

And Isaac has some mental issues. To me he comes across like someone who can be talked into believing something. I know that the results of polygraphs have to be taken with a grain of salt, but we have four persons here: the parents failed miserably, the two others were inconclusive.
I think he was taken along as a scapegoat and extra witness so someone outside the family would back up their story. I wonder how much he was told beforehand and how much he learned after, and how it strained his relationship with GGP. Imagine realizing a good friend was involved in something like this.

Not throwing tomatoes (j/k), but I think if an animal took him there would be at least SOME sort of evidence, drag marks or blood, his boots which were too big for him would have come off...
Even such a small child would have put up a fight.

That is the prevailing wisdom. However, a child that small may not have been able to put up much of a fight, taken too quickly. As for the boots, well, maybe they would have come off, maybe not. Do we even know they were on his feet? What I'm trying to say about animal attacks is this: A LOT of children go missing without a trace. Without a lot of human abductors behind a lot of trees, WHERE did they go to? I believe a great many children, and possibly some adults, ARE taken by wild animals, despite what the "experts" say. If they were so darned "expert", why are there so many children/adults still missing?

Don't get me wrong, Jessica & Company look very suspicious. I also wonder if Deorr even made it to the campground. But it's been so long without any movement, clues, maybe we need to move in a few different directions.

My Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member