Found Deceased OH - Linda Pagano, 17, Akron, 1 Sept 1974 *confirmed match in 2018*

Users are entitled to form their own opinions about whether the portrait resembles Linda Marie Pagano. I find the resemblance compelling, as do many others.<modsnip>

Does anyone know whether Linda's stepfather is still living? That question may have been answered somewhere in the thread; I don't recall.
He is deceased, as is her mother.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My first time looking at this case/thread, but since Meaghan's post is from March 2017, and articles listing her as missing were still being published seven months later, I'm inclined to believe it was based on the initial positive with the dental match (which was only based on four teeth). There's an article from October talking about how Sleuthers may have identified her, but I haven't found anything post-dating that. Anyone heard anything? Was it negative or are we still waiting to hear?

My first time looking at this case/thread, but since Meaghan's post is from March 2017, and articles listing her as missing were still being published seven months later, I'm inclined to believe it was based on the initial positive with the dental match (which was only based on four teeth). There's an article from October talking about how Sleuthers may have identified her, but I haven't found anything post-dating that. Anyone heard anything? Was it negative or are we still waiting to hear?
Last I heard from a relative of the family the results are expected in April. ! That's less than a week.. I heard this last month I think, so things may have changed. I believe I've been posting updates to the Doe thread, sorry if I haven't!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know whether Linda's stepfather is still living? That question may have been answered somewhere in the thread; I don't recall.

The stepfather passed away in 1990

That was my mistake. I jumped the gun with the announcement on my Facebook page, and then had to retract it. While dental similarities were noted, they were not enough to declare a positive ID. The remains were exhumed, and a DNA ruling should be coming soon.

Meaghan made that post based on my Facebook post, but it wasn&#8217;t updated to reflect the retraction.

This is just some news I heard and can't verify anywhere... But it appears they dug a body up for identifications purposes over a year ago for Linda, however the documentation was wrong and the body they dug up was not the body they were supposed to be looking for. The only reason they caught it was because when they did the DNA testing the person they dug up was male and according to the potters field documents it was supposed to be a female. I understand that mistakes can be made, but I can't help but wonder how many times this type of mistake has prevented identification. Either way, it was a great job catching it and identifying Linda. Now I just hope they can catch her killer.

Props to Ice90 and CarlK. Ice's hard work and perseverance was unmatchable and Carl's reconstruction couldn't have been more spot-on.

Sympathies to the family. I hope that being able to properly bury their loved one will be of some solace to them. Rest In Peace lovely Linda. I hope they keep trying to bring justice to you. It is long overdue.

AKRON, Ohio -- (WJW) -- Authorities identified remains found more than four decades ago in Strongsville as a missing Akron teen.
Linda Pagano, 17, was last seen on Sept. 1, 1974. She left her stepfather’s house in Akron, where she was staying for the summer, after they got into an argument when she got home later from a concert.

For 44 years, her family wondered what happened to her. Now, the closure feels surreal.

“I thought I was in a dream. I thought I would never hear this. I thought I would die wondering,” said Mike Pagano, Linda’s brother.
Investigators identify remains as teen missing since 1974

This is just some news I heard and can't verify anywhere... But it appears they dug a body up for identifications purposes over a year ago for Linda, however the documentation was wrong and the body they dug up was not the body they were supposed to be looking for. The only reason they caught it was because when they did the DNA testing the person they dug up was male and according to the potters field documents it was supposed to be a female. I understand that mistakes can be made, but I can't help but wonder how many times this type of mistake has prevented identification. Either way, it was a great job catching it and identifying Linda. Now I just hope they can catch her killer.

I have ALWAYS been weary of this happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back