GUILTY IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #2 **arrest**

I'm watching the conference now Watch Live: Hatfield Law holding press conference with Cara Beckerle

She's suing Terrence Roach and SNG Properties, LLC (the owner of the property where her body was found) for wrongful death. Yep, just looking for a payout so she can buy some more drugs I guess. Disgusting.

Old article about who owns the property: City demolishes vacant house where Aleah Beckerle was found

I doubt Terrence Roach has any money and this crappy LLC will probably declare bankruptcy to avoid paying anything. They own some crappy houses that they rent out and that's it, it's not like they own 100 houses in Evansville and are rolling in the dough.

This whole lawsuit is stupid, IMO, and I can't believe she found a law firm to actually take it on.

Last edited:
I'm watching the conference now Watch Live: Hatfield Law holding press conference with Cara Beckerle

She's suing Terrence Roach and SNG Properties, LLC (the owner of the property where her body was found) for wrongful death. Yep, just looking for a payout so she can buy some more drugs I guess. Disgusting.

Old article about who owns the property: City demolishes vacant house where Aleah Beckerle was found

I doubt Terrence Roach has any money and this crappy LLC will probably declare bankruptcy to avoid paying anything. They own some crappy houses that they rent out and that's it, it's not like they own 100 houses in Evansville and are rolling in the dough.

This whole lawsuit is stupid, IMO, and I can't believe she found a law firm to actually take it on.
I was busy and unable to watch but yeah, sure enough, looking for a way to profit off Aleah's death just like she profited off her being missing. This isn't about justice, this is about drugs and greed. Disgusting.

Terrence Roach to appeal convictions in Aleah Beckerle case

At the sentencing hearing late last month, Judge Robert Pigman appointed the Public Defender's Office to send an attorney to talk to Roach about his opportunity to appeal the charges.

Attorney Yvette LaPlante of Keating and Laplante will represent Roach in the appeal process. LaPlante said she was hired by the public defender's office and has already spoken with Roach to advise him about the appeal.

I was checking to see if there had been any progress on the lawsuit that Aleah's mother filed and found something interesting - the case supplemental report from Aleah's disappearance! It's 10 pages long and very enlightening!

Go to the case summary page for the lawsuit: Case Search - MyCase

If the link doesn't work, it's case number 82C01-1807-CT-003888

Click on the words Answer Filed next to the date 8/23/2018 and 2 PDFs show up. The one titled
Roach Exhibit A.pdf is the case supplemental report.

There are lots of very interesting things in the report. For example, there were latex gloves found in the alley near the trash cans. It is stated that they likely belonged to the nurse who was there helping after mom's surgery.

Also, there were no footprints, no signs of any disturbance the window, no indications that anyone had been in the shrubs next to the house, both windows in Aleah's room were closed AND locked.

Another thing that is very interesting is that there were clothes in their washer and in the dryer. Who washes clothes after their child goes missing? I guess it's possible they fell asleep with clothes in the washer (that's not uncommon)...

There's a lot more, I definitely recommend giving it a read.

Last edited:
I was checking to see if there had been any progress on the lawsuit that Aleah's mother filed and found something interesting - the case supplemental report from Aleah's disappearance! It's 10 pages long and very enlightening!

Go to the case summary page for the lawsuit: Case Search - MyCase

If the link doesn't work, it's case number 82C01-1807-CT-003888

Click on the words Answer Filed next to the date 8/23/2018 and 2 PDFs show up. The one titled
Roach Exhibit A.pdf is the case supplemental report.

There are lots of very interesting things in the report. For example, there were latex gloves found in the alley near the trash cans. It is stated that they likely belonged to the nurse who was there helping after mom's surgery.

Also, there were no footprints, no signs of any disturbance the window, no indications that anyone had been in the shrubs next to the house, both windows in Aleah's room were closed AND locked.

Another thing that is very interesting is that there were clothes in their washer and in the dryer. Who washes clothes after their child goes missing? I guess it's possible they fell asleep with clothes in the washer (that's not uncommon)...

There's a lot more, I definitely recommend giving it a read.
Thank you for the heads-up, jessarox. Your link took me right to the “Case Summary” page. From there, it was very easy to find the document that you are talking about.

I don’t have the time to read it right now, but I certainly will as soon I can. Reading the things you mentioned alone, though, I can’t help but wonder what the heck the investigators and the prosecutor were thinking.

I’m glad that Terrence is appealing the convictions; I hope that there will be evidence presented over the course of the process that will bring (what I believe to be) the truth to light.

This is probably wishful thinking on my part, but who knows, as Cara’s civil suit against him and the property owner proceeds, things may come out that will help Terrence in the appeal process as well.

All MOO

From JerseyGirl's link:

The lawsuit states Beckerle is seeking damages to pay for psychiatric counseling for Aleah Beckerle’s mother and siblings as well as uninsured debts and other expenses.

Yep, cash grab, called it from the get-go. It's not like she only accrued the debt once Aleah went missing, she was being sued for debt long before that. And what happened to the money? There were multiple campaigns going at one point and people donated items for the searchers so what did they need the money for anyway? I know they hired a PI but she was only heard from once, I bet she was a friend and they split the money or something like that.

From JerseyGirl's link:

Yep, cash grab, called it from the get-go. It's not like she only accrued the debt once Aleah went missing, she was being sued for debt long before that. And what happened to the money? There were multiple campaigns going at one point and people donated items for the searchers so what did they need the money for anyway? I know they hired a PI but she was only heard from once, I bet she was a friend and they split the money or something like that.

I had been working in Evansville at the time Aleah was first missing and some of the local people suspected a cash grab opportunity from the start.

I had been working in Evansville at the time Aleah was first missing and some of the local people suspected a cash grab opportunity from the start.

Yeah, I live in the area and almost everyone I've spoken to about the case has suspected that, brought it up on their own. The comments on social media on articles about the case are almost exclusively accusing Aleah's mother of being involved.

Last edited:
Terrence Roach appeal rejected by Indiana Appeals Court in Aleah Beckerle case

I'm surprised they rejected the appeal, it does seem like they had valid reasons for the appeal.
I agree.

One thing I didn’t realize until now is that Terrence’s original trial attorney, Glenn Grampp, withdrew from the case back in July:

“[SBM]

Attorney Yvette LaPlante of Keating and Laplante will represent Roach in the appeal process. LaPlante said she was hired by the public defender's office and has already spoken with Roach to advise him about the appeal.

Glenn Grampp, who was Roach's defense attorney during the trial, filed a motion to withdraw from the case. That motion was granted during a review hearing Monday.

LaPlante said she is waiting to get a transcript of the trial to decide the grounds for Roach's appeal. Once the transcript is delivered — up to 45 days after the request — the appeal has to be filed within 30 to 60 days.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Terrence Roach to appeal convictions in Aleah Beckerle case

The article above is dated July 16th, 2018.

And an article about Cara Beckerle’s wrongful death suit against Terrance, published four days earlier, on July 12th, reported:

“EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Aleah Beckerle’s mother will sue the man accused of Beckerle’s murder and found not guilty at trial earlier this year.

[SBM]

Beckerle’s family has said they still believe Roach was responsible for her death even though he was acquitted of felony murder.

‘In many cases there is an opportunity for both the criminal law and the civil law to have an impact or to provide justice,’ said attorney and Rep. Ryan Hatfield, D-Evansville. ‘And now that the criminal process has played itself out; Cara Beckerle hopes to get justice through the civil process.’

[SBM]

The suit states Cara Beckerle is seeking damages to pay the expenses for psychiatric counseling for Aleah Beckerle's mother and siblings, any uninsured debts of Aleah Beckerle and her funeral and burial expenses.

A community fundraiser to pay for Beckerle's funeral last year covered some of those costs, according to its organizer, who said at the time she did not know the family but wanted to help. Browning Funeral Home also confirmed that it waived some fees for the Beckerle family.

Hatfield said the Beckerle family did have costs related to Aleah Beckerle's burial and that phrase was included in the complaint so information could be provided during the discovery process.

‘Those expenses and who paid them will come out in discovery,’ he said.

Grampp will not represent Roach during the lawsuit, he said Thursday.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Lawyer: Aleah Beckerle's mother plans to sue Terrence Roach for wrongful death

However, according to court records, Mr. Grampp is in fact currently representing Terrence in the wrongful death suit:
Case Search - MyCase

19C736E7-3F8B-4220-9E04-B00D469C10F9.jpeg

I am purely speculating here, and I may be completely wrong, but it is possible, IMO, that Mr. Grampp hopes to uncover some inculpatory evidence against someone other than Terrence through deposition(s) and other discovery in the wrongful death case that might prompt LE and the prosecution to take a look at that individual(s) in Aleah’s death.

From an article published on the day the verdict in the criminal trial was announced:

“Sgt. Jason Cullum says the department spent long hours on this case, and unless they receive new information, there is nothing left for them to investigate.“ (BBM)
Evansville Police react to Terrence Roach verdict

CB’s wrongful death lawsuit could very well backfire on her, IMO.

Just finished the podcast, I think the only thing I learned was that TR admitted to committing bestiality when he was younger. He's definitely a very messed up person, that's for sure. I still don't think he took Aleah, at least not alone.

I am still in the camp that Deb and Donna had something to do with it and I think EPD was looking into it too. EPD said they followed a suspect to the Weinbach/I-69 area twice before they got the search warrant to dig there. I am fairly certain that suspect was Deb because she called someone saying she was hung up down there shortly before that (source).

Then there's the whole issue of why search dogs hit on the dumpster in Henderson if Aleah was never there and why did the FBI spend days searching a landfill if they didn't have credible evidence that she could be there? The facts of the case don't add up to what the prosecution came up with and what TR confessed to.

I wish there was justice for Aleah but sadly, I don't think she'll ever get it.

I just got a google news alert for Aleah but I can’t read the link as it doesn’t work in Europe. Can anyone tell me what’s going on? It’s something about a wrongful death lawsuit.

I just got a google news alert for Aleah but I can’t read the link as it doesn’t work in Europe. Can anyone tell me what’s going on? It’s something about a wrongful death lawsuit.
(From yesterday)

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (WEHT) – A lawsuit against a man at the center of one of Evansville’s highest-profile missing person cases is set to go to trial in a little over a year.

A judge set a June 7, 2021 trial date in connection with the wrongful death lawsuit against Terrence Roach.

Roach was found guilty on several counts in several counts in connection with Aleah Beckerle’s disappearance, but he was acquitted for her murder.

Following the acquittal, Beckerle’s mother filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Roach.

Beckerle went missing in July of 2016.

Her body was found in an abandoned home in Evansville in May of 2017.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

(This story was originally published on January 21, 2020)

Categories: Local News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back