CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading it I saw something I missed the first time. The original victim was given STITCHES without an x-ray or anything.

Later he said pellets started oozing out. Of where? I'm very creeped out. How did they come out when the skin was stitched shut?

Isn't he lucky he didn't get a massive infection?

What the heck?

I think you'll remember that way upthread, an ER nurse and I (EMT) both posted that x-rays are SOP to prevent exactly this from happening. You don't close a wound in a hospital setting without being certain that there are no foreign bodies or other detritus.

When there is something inside a wound, it will usually work its way out as a wound heals. If the skin is closed, it will push up under the skin, sometimes popping out, other times needing to be removed. An example of this would be glass or metal fragments from a shattered window or a vehicle accident or bits of sand/gravel from a road accident like a fall from a bike.

Infections can happen - this will alert you sooner to the presence of foreign matter - but not necessarily.

I think you'll remember that way upthread, an ER nurse and I (EMT) both posted that x-rays are SOP to prevent exactly this from happening. You don't close a wound in a hospital setting without being certain that there are no foreign bodies or other detritus.

When there is something inside a wound, it will usually work its way out as a wound heals. If the skin is closed, it will push up under the skin, sometimes popping out, other times needing to be removed. An example of this would be glass or metal fragments from a shattered window or a vehicle accident or bits of sand/gravel from a road accident like a fall from a bike.

Infections can happen - this will alert you sooner to the presence of foreign matter - but not necessarily.

Could be another example of extemporaneous reporting. We have seen it time and time again with TB’s shooting.

...very clean campsite except IMO the one pair of shoes not neatly placed IMO almost like maybe someone other than victim placed them?

I'm not sure we should make much out of the shoes askew. For starters, if that's the victim's tent, the BIL could have kicked a shoe and created disarray when he found the victim. Also, it's not always easy to line up your shoes when you get into your tent and don't want to get sand in the tent. If you're going to leave them outside, you go butt first through the door and take them off while your feet are still outside.

To remind you of what JR’s wound looked like and the CBS report the photo is from:

After father's mysterious slaying at campsite, stories emerge of past shooting incidents
<mod changed to initials>

Attachments

• D0002A43-3021-4911-8E70-A17B1CD765E6.jpeg
    D0002A43-3021-4911-8E70-A17B1CD765E6.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, interesting that has not had an update in over 17 days, not even to say that Malibu community is offering $5K reward. Maybe
I'm not sure we should make much out of the shoes askew. For starters, if that's the victim's tent, the BIL could have kicked a shoe and created disarray when he found the victim. Also, it's not always easy to line up your shoes when you get into your tent and don't want to get sand in the tent. If you're going to leave them outside, you go butt first through the door and take them off while your feet are still outside.
This is getting off-topic, however...

Could you maybe cite some car-bicycle campground injuries in the last year?

Like everything else outdoors, there are risks. Risks notwithstanding, campgrounds are busy with kids on bicycles. Car-camping drivers know this.

——

Could you maybe cite some car-bicycle campground injuries in the last year?,,,
Also, #49 and #51 were both clearly occupied by a variety of things. That may be the point of the way the cars are parked. And, no, campers don’t back into other people’s campsites. They back into the loop road.
No relevance to citing any car-bicycle campground injuries in the last year IMO.
<modsnip- information comes from private facebook and not from MSM>

IMO, it looks as though campsite #49 is occupied and may have used some of #51 campsite as its own. But maybe not, the In-law guys might prefer to park so close to each other in #49. There was possible crime scene activity in #51 parking spot as crime tape crossed about 1/2 of parking spot at a slant. Probably IMO car drove into campsite, someone exited drive side, maybe passenger side as well. Did what was goal to do, then bac in car and exit the heck out to the campground. Also, at Del Valle campground for one example, I have witnessed other campers back into a campsite vacant parking spot to make a turn or perfect a car position, even for a few minutes. Yes, campgrounds are busy with kids on bicycles, but it is up to the Parents to abide by the rules, safety and all for their kids. Oh, in regards to the shoes, the used entrance IMO was the opposite end of the shoes. The sandals IMO are oddly placed. IMO, BIL based on the crime scene and LE activity IMO entered to the opposite opening- not the shoes.

IMO the killer knew exactly where to go and ideal time with the help of someone who knew the campsite set up and will be caught by LE. IMO there will be some updates from LE in the next few days based on pattern of the case. IMO best to focus on exactly what LE has disclosed and make note of the interesting things not being said by LE.
Day 18 or more and no update from account holders....odd IMO . IMO maybe it's due to the goal of $25K fundraiser has reached high number of $157,000 and growing.

True, but there are tens of thousands of people in Los Angles area with those same core personality traits. Granted, he is the only one who is known to have manifested those traits at the Park in a noticeable way. At the same time, simply possessing those traits and being known to frequent the park just does not move him way up on my radar.

Add other known traits like: violent tendencies, tendency to confront others regarding “his” park, confrontational with rangers about regulations / earlier shooting occurred shortly after confrontations etc and that is a different story.

Thanks.

Counting all sources, my guess is that only a small number of people either order the maps via mail, or buy one "off the shelf" at a hiking / outdoor store. It might be worth checking to see who purchased the maps. Maybe one of the purchasers has other concerns as well.

As a side note, I only knew of one independent store in San Diego county and one in Orange county that stocked USGS maps for SOCAL areas. There were probably a few others in LA. Some of the chain outdoor stores probably do it now. Even still, the number of "off the shelf" sources would be small and map purchases few. Maybe a buyer for the Malibu park area creeped out an employee for some reason.

My boss's company sells 70,000 maps a year JUST for California recreation areas!!! <modsnip- against TOS to invite a pm on open board> And yes, the maps are updated every 2 years, unless there's a big change in which case he'll update them sooner. In other words.....there are more maps being sold than you might think - and most of them are online sales - so remembering anyone would be a miracle.

That would be really unhinged. But it's possible. Sometimes people get so fixated on their one issue that they totally lose track of reality.

I don't know enough about how LASD usually handles these things to know whether there's anything unusual about this case. I guess most likely the only thing they're hiding is how little they know :p

This would be along the lines also of an unhinged developer who wants people to be too scared to use the park. That was the first guess of someone I spoke with who lives in the area.

e
Reward offered in Malibu Creek shooting

The Malibu City Council approved a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for murdering Tristan Beaudette. The council approved the reward at its July 9 meeting.

(Kudos to Ian Bradley at The Acorn for staying on this story.)

It's interesting that it's so low. With all the money they've raised, and they themselves were successful financially that they wouldn't make it higher to hopefully flush someone out. Is this normal?

This would be along the lines also of an unhinged developer who wants people to be too scared to use the park. That was the first guess of someone I spoke with who lives in the area.

JMO
This is similar to what I have been thinking all along about most of the shootings. I think most of them were done by a single person that is trying to cause fear and disruption to anyone using the area. Trying to scare off people. They kept escalating their attacks until finally someone is dead. First began by just shooting at vehicles and escalated to shooting at people themselves. And now with the closing of the park they may feel their plan worked until it reopens.

I am thinking it is someone who lives nearby and can approach on either foot or maybe a bicycle to get close and then walks in to the final shooting spot. Then returns to bicycle to get back home. I would not be surprised if the person is using night vision equipment.

If someone lives nearby then they could be resentful of anyone breaking up the tranquility of the woods. They may have lived in the area a long time and as more and more campers began to use the area they got more and more resentful about it.

e

It's interesting that it's so low. With all the money they've raised, and they themselves were successful financially that they wouldn't make it higher to hopefully flush someone out. Is this normal?

That particular reward is offered by the Malibu City Council which is different than the family of the victim who raised money on .

I do agree that the city council probably should have made the reward larger since it does sound kind of low. Also surprised there is not some crimestopper fund that could increase the reward. The city of the area has a vested interest to solve this because it is affecting tourism to their area. Seems they would want to increase the reward amount.

Probably IMO car drove into campsite, someone exited drive side, maybe passenger side as well. Did what was goal to do, then bac in car and exit the heck out to the campground.

If a vehicle was involved, they would have had to enter prior to 10:00PM, with a previously booked camping site reservation, to stay overnight.

If a vehicle was involved, they would have had to enter prior to 10:00PM, with a previously booked camping site reservation, to stay overnight.

I don't think the shooter would drive the vehicle into the park, that doesn't seem to make sense if one wants to keep a low profile. There is plenty of room around the park to park a vehicle and walk into the park from what I understand. I tend to think it might be walk able distance to the shooters house (or bike as mentioned).

I thought the trailer park mentioned sounds interesting. It seems like that would be walkable, is close to the Tapia Park area and the campground, and when entering the side street to the temple (with the trailer park right behind it) it would be pretty hidden. It doesn't look like there are any street lights on this side street. It is literally located right after passing the temple. It looks like it has some sort of official recreation and conservation building across the street from it. Any word in Malibu that this blue dude community was to be removed maybe for some park building or maintenance office or something? Something like that could have sparked anger towards the park itself I guess.

Edit: This theory would not address the seasonality of the crimes (assuming they are connected) though since these homes seem to be purchased (and/or rented?) . If somebody was angry about something park related I feel like it would have escalated faster. There would be no reason to wait almost a full year between incidences and then escalate like that. There has to be some sort of seasonal aspect to the shooters locality in this area or his anger or both.

Last edited:
I don't think the shooter would drive the vehicle into the park, that doesn't seem to make sense if one wants to keep a low profile. There is plenty of room around the park to park a vehicle and walk into the park from what I understand. I tend to think it might be walk able distance to the shooters house (or bike as mentioned).

I thought the trailer park mentioned sounds interesting. It seems like that would be walkable, is close to the Tapia Park area and the campground, and when entering the side street to the temple (with the trailer park right behind it) it would be pretty hidden. It doesn't look like there are any street lights on this side street. It is literally located right after passing the temple. It looks like it has some sort of official recreation and conservation building across the street from it. Any word in Malibu that this blue dude community was to be removed maybe for some park building or maintenance office or something? Something like that could have sparked anger towards the park itself I guess.

Edit: This theory would not address the seasonality of the crimes (assuming they are connected) though since these homes seem to be purchased (and/or rented?) . If somebody was angry about something park related I feel like it would have escalated faster. There would be no reason to wait almost a full year between incidences and then escalate like that. There has to be some sort of seasonal aspect to the shooters locality in this area or his anger or both.

The seasonal aspect might just have to do with type of job or school. The years apart may be due to stints in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea