Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good th
@Tricia , an FYI. This has never haooened for me before on the new site, but tonight I am hsving a kot of issues:

For the last half-hour or so I am having a terrible time getting WS to open (got the "service unavailable" several times), pages are loading slowly, typing is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w, etc.

I wondered if we have an unusually high number on the site and that is causing the problem/ 1300+ online right now here, and a kot of us are watxhing the thread for the Thai rescue. Are we overloaded, perhaps?
good thinking, seems plausible

As far as the server overloading that should not be a problem but I will check with Dave and see what was going on with the server at this particular time. Thanks for the heads up.

I keep getting redirected to a spam page , never happened to me here before.
We need to know the exact time of the redirect, exactly where you were on the forum and we need a screen shot of the redirect. It could be hundreds of reasons and the only way to try and figure out how this is happening is for you to provide us with information. Thanks

@Tricia
Are those arrow buttons no longer working? I was able to remove an undesired post (before posting it) before, but now they don't seem to do anything on my ipad.

Sometimes I receive alerts for a thread ..... and then there are periods of time tgat I don't its a bit hit and miss. When the new upgrade was first released you could delete your own post ... now I do not see where I can do that anymore.

In all it has been some touch and go learning with tge new features and functions .... over all I like it ...,

I will take my ticket and stand in line for the complaint department .... when the serious issues are resolved ... I WOULD TRULY LOVE FOR THE EXPANDED EMOTICONS to be in the button feature instead of having copy cut and paste from a website ...

47x34px-LL-690b42d3_spointing_above_100-100.gif
folledeuxnola post - I second that emoticon!
50x50px-LL-fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif

<snip>

I will take my ticket and stand in line for the complaint department .... when the serious issues are resolved ... I WOULD TRULY LOVE FOR THE EXPANDED EMOTICONS to be in the button feature instead of having copy cut and paste from a website
<snip>

47x34px-LL-690b42d3_spointing_above_100-100.gif
folledeuxnola post - I second that emoticon!
50x50px-LL-fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif

I agree. So the message @Tricia (In the style of Smokey Robinson);

Oh, but if you feel like helpin' me
If you got the notion,
I second that emotion.
And, if you feel like giving me a button with emojis
I second that emoticon.

Hey Everyone,

Dave is looking into the "delete" option to see what is going on. Also still waiting for our Xen Foro tech to get back to us about the pictures not transferring over.

As far as the font size you can increase the font size on your own computer. Do a Google search using the name of whatever you are using to post on Webseuths + increase font size. Example mine would be "Microsoft 10 + Increase font size" and the instructions come up. Try that and see if it helps and let me know either way.

Thank you for your patience.

Tricia

@Tricia
Just an FYI, I don't know if this is something we need to report.

Over the past few days I have occasionally encountered moments when WS went down for just a few minutes. Just now it was down for 2-3 minutes. Screenshot attached from the site I used to check if it was down:

Attachments

• 74104C5F-B329-4CA5-942A-47ECF3C4EFB2.jpeg
    74104C5F-B329-4CA5-942A-47ECF3C4EFB2.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics