Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

Good Morning, and oink oink, everybody!
(afternoon and evening oinks, too)

OK, just a quickie Q...
This now iconic photo:

image.jpg

When I saw it in the beginning, I just assumed that most of the boys in the cave, are in that photo, but a couple of them aren't. (And so, a couple who are in that photo, weren't in the cave.) There are other team members who didn't go to the cave that day; and one of the boys in the cave isn't actually a team member, but a friend of one. (But he's an honorary team member for life, now!)
Anyway, the number is right, 12 boys + one coach -- but going by the clothes they're wearing, this wasn't taken on the the same day before they went in. (Unless they changed, but...)
I can figure out which one the coach is, of course, and a couple of the kids, but that's about it. Has anyone ever seen somewhere depicting who's who, in this photo?
Well, when they all are recuperated and healthy again -- I hope the MaeSai 13 will recreate this photo, at that same spot.
I am so very much looking forward to seeing that!
And also maybe one with all 13 standing there proudly, arms crossed, like Coach. :) And maybe even one of them all standing there, thumbs-up, like the new Fab Four Thai Navy SEALs photo.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:❤️

Link from WichitaFalls earlier:

Boys meant to stay 1 hour in cave, but outside, rains began

They were only planning to stay for one hour:

Banphot Konkum, father of 13-year-old Duangpetch Promthep, told The Associated Press his son — better known by his nickname, Dom — said the team members didn’t know rain had started falling after they had entered the cave on June 23. But the rain caused flooding in the cave, blocking them from exiting.

“After an hour when they wanted to leave, the water level was rising. They ran further inside the cave to escape from the water. The water flow was strong,” said Banphot.

In their search for a safe haven, the boys were reported to have used their hands to feel the walls for an opening to take them to a higher, safer spot. Searchers later found what they thought were the boys’ handprints, giving them confidence the boys were alive and that the searchers were on the right path.

“They, all 13 of them, saw a small passage or a crawl space, so they all dug the hole to get through to another spot, until they found Nen Nom Sao,” Banphot said, referring to the sandy slope on which they ended up sheltering. There was nowhere else to go.

So, perhaps this is Miracle puzzle piece #1...
...that the boys managed to find and get to that area is ...Wow.
So glad they all stayed together, too. (Good job, Coach.)
I think I'll be reading about this for months, years, and will still be discovering more and more amazing things about all of this.
I recall during the search, that they found the handprints. So very glad the boys needed to use their hands as they went along; and that the skilled rescuers saw the prints, so they had more hope to really press on.
So grateful for so many things, and so many people.
The mind continues to (happily) boggle.
Hey - I wonder if they'll consider changing the name of the mountain to the Thai equivalent of "Miracle Mountain"? That would be lovely. So many people around the world, made this miracle happen; so then they all would always be right there, included in that name. It would really bring home the magnitude of this mission, and this event - as they surely did "move mountains" to get the boys out.
And I remain awed and in gratitude that the rain had stopped. That in itself was paramount.
I'm going to miss everybody when you all stop coming to this thread...
I'll be on here for years, just babbling away to myself! lol

OK, just a quickie Q...
This now iconic photo:

View attachment 138590

When I saw it in the beginning, I just assumed that most of the boys in the cave, are in that photo, but a couple of them aren't. (And so, a couple who are in that photo, weren't in the cave.) There are other team members who didn't go to the cave that day; and one of the boys in the cave isn't actually a team member, but a friend of one. (But he's an honorary team member for life, now!)
Anyway, the number is right, 12 boys + one coach -- but going by the clothes they're wearing, this wasn't taken on the the same day before they went in. (Unless they changed, but...)
I can figure out which one the coach is, of course, and a couple of the kids, but that's about it. Has anyone ever seen somewhere depicting who's who, in this photo?
Well, when they all are recuperated and healthy again -- I hope the MaeSai 13 will recreate this photo, at that same spot.
And also maybe one with all 13 standing there proudly, arms crossed, like Coach. :) And maybe even one of them all standing there, thumbs-up, like the new Fab Four Thai Navy SEALs photo.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:❤️

Hi Verdigris, I have not seen anywhere stating who's who in this particular photo, but this BBC article has all that were trapped listed, with photos, names and descriptions, so maybe you can match them?

Who are the Thai boys who were trapped in a cave?

Btw, thanks to all of you guys for keeping this thread updated! I have been reading but did not have the time to post or comment over the past 2-3 days. Very happy to hear all of our Boars are doing well.

Attachments

• _102472383_untitled.png.jpg
    _102472383_untitled.png.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
Hi Verdigris, I have not seen anywhere stating who's who in this particular photo, but this BBC article has all that were trapped listed, with photos, names and descriptions, so maybe you can match them?

Who are the Thai boys who were trapped in a cave?

Btw, thanks to all of you guys for keeping this thread updated! I have been reading but did not have the time to post or comment over the past 2-3 days. Very happy to hear all of our Boars are doing well.
Thank you, Elainy! -- yeah, I've been doing that from a few different sources, but my eyes are glazing over, clicking back and forth, so I was hoping maybe it was listed somewhere. lol
It would be easier if I had printed copies to compare, but no printer atm.
Oh well, I guess it's not all that important. Just wondering.
And am also wondering who the kids are in that photo, who weren't in the cave.
I really love the back stories on everthing...
There was one team member who didn't go because his Mom said no, afraid that the younger brother would sneak, and tag along, too. (I bet you she will forever be grateful for her intuition!)
And another boy didn't go as (iirc) he had to study.

OkeyDoke, TY again, Elainy, and please come back soon! ❤︎ :)

Family of youngest Thai boy in cave rescue never lost hope
"I want to say thanks to those who rescued my boy. And helped him to have a new life, it's like a rebirth."
During the ordeal, Chanin's younger brother thought the boy was away playing in a cave, their father said. His brother imagined a fairytale story of a mountain, with Chanin away on a long journey.
Viboonrungruang's cousin drew a sketch of the the former Thai Navy Seal, Saman Kunan, who lost his life during the rescue operations. It is encircled by 13 messages from each of the families. Chanin's family wrote, "Sam is our hero for our family forever. We will not forget."

image.jpg

Just look at that face! ↑ -- isn't he just the most ever lovin' cutest little thing you ever did see?! ❤️ The Littlest Oinky.

There's no image of that picture his cousin drew, though. I'd like to see it.
Knowing his kind and gentle son, Viboonrungruang said he believes Chanin will feel guilty and apologetic. Viboonrungruang also was apologetic to all those who sacrificed their time and effort for the boys.

"I will teach him to grow up a good person and help society," he said of his son. "And I will let him follow his dreams."
Lots more at the link; this is a very sweet article.

Family of youngest Thai boy in cave rescue never lost hope

⚽

Me three, loving all the reports coming out. Hope everyone has read Dr Harris's FB post!!
I know -- that was just so lovely, he's so heroic, but humble -- it's really heart-rending, considering he wrote all that while greiving for his own Dad. Ugh. Lost his Dad right at his finest hour. That still really breaks my heart. :(

Last edited:

OK, just a quickie Q...
This now iconic photo:

View attachment 138590

I tried to find a photo with names attached to that photo and I don't see one anywhere. But I did find these photos showing the order of the first 8 boys rescued tacked up by number on a hospital bulletin board:
first-four-boys-rescued-%28custom%29-data.jpg

second-group-of-kids-rescued-from-cave-data.jpg

(Article is from before all were rescued):
Rescued Thai boys 'in good spirits' as they wait for teammates to join them

I think there will be lots more happening over the weeks, months, and years to come regarding the Moo Pa, and this thread will be alive for a long long time. They're famous now right?

Yes! I have said a few times in my other posts, (even before they were rescued :)) that we will be on here chatting about their career choices; and when they get married; and when they have their own Little Oinkies...
And I bet all of the rescuers will be invited to their weddings! ❤️

Thank you, Elainy! -- yeah, I've been doing that from a few different sources, but my eyes are glazing over, clicking back and forth, so I was hoping maybe it was listed somewhere. lol
It would be easier if I had printed copies to compare, but no printer atm.
Oh well, I guess it's not all that important. Just wondering.
And am also wondering who the kids are in that photo, who weren't in the cave.
I really love the back stories on everthing...
There was one team member who didn't go because his Mom said no, afraid that the younger brother would sneak, and tag along, too. (I bet you she will forever be grateful for her intuition!)
And another boy didn't go as (iirc) he had to study.

OkeyDoke, TY again, Elainy, and please come back soon! ❤︎ :)

I am back Verdi :) I was very busy with a very sad personal situation but I'm now able to be online again.

I was wondering about those two team members who didn't come along that fateful day. (I think one didn't go because he didn't have his bicycle?) When it became clear that the boys were trapped in the cave they (and their families) must have been immensely relieved and grateful that they didn't go with them. But what about now? Those 12 and sweet coach Ek are now world famous, been invited all over the world to football matches, and even a movie (or two) is being made! Will they feel a pang of envy? They're teenagers after all ... ;)

I tried to find a photo with names attached to that photo and I don't see one anywhere. But I did find these photos showing the order of the first 8 boys rescued tacked up by number on a hospital bulletin board:
first-four-boys-rescued-%28custom%29-data.jpg

second-group-of-kids-rescued-from-cave-data.jpg

(Article is from before all were rescued):
Rescued Thai boys 'in good spirits' as they wait for teammates to join them

Thanks, very much Gardy! ❤︎
I like that they're in order... well we know who #'s 12 and 13 were -- just need to find order of 9, 10, 11, now.

And I'm really wanting to know how many of them were in that group shot -- and who are the ones in the photo that weren't in the cave. I can p'bly figure out who's in it ...but am just being nosy about the one's who weren't in the cave. I like "close-call" stories :)
Such as when some people were supposed to have been on an ill-fated flight, but for one reason or another (woke up late; car didn't start; twisted ankle, etc.) didn't make the flight. And were probably having a fit at the time -- but then, of course, later ...whew! Love those stories. Lucky, or coincidence, or Divine intervention -- whatevas... always great stories.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back