Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

Dave is looking into the "delete" option to see what is going on. Also still waiting for our Xen Foro tech to get back to us about the pictures not transferring over.

As far as the font size you can increase the font size on your own computer. Do a Google search using the name of whatever you are using to post on Webseuths + increase font size. Example mine would be "Microsoft 10 + Increase font size" and the instructions come up. Try that and see if it helps and let me know either way.

Thank you for your patience.

Tricia

But it does not work for iPads like that ---- if I increase adequately, then I have to scroll the screen back-and-forth. And then every site becomes larger, too large. An option to increase the fonts (to suit our screens) for each user would be so much better if that is possible.

Add me also re the site going down...

Now that we are back, I can't access via my phone ? When I try to log in, the site keeps saying I have to accept cookies - but even when I click the accept button, it still does not allow me to log in, telling me there is an error and that I have to accept cookies

Any ideas why this is happening ? Have checked my settings and all seems ok from my side

Add me also re the site going down...

Now that we are back, I can't access via my phone ? When I try to log in, the site keeps saying I have to accept cookies - but even when I click the accept button, it still does not allow me to log in, telling me there is an error and that I have to accept cookies

Any ideas why this is happening ? Have checked my settings and all seems ok from my side

Make sure you are still logged in, I get that "cookies" alertt when I am not logged in.

@Tricia Any news on the Tapatalk front? Last I heard someone had done some checking and discovered that it IS an option through the new software. It sure would be nice to have that alternative, since the site is still having some usability issues. I'm afraid that the longer this goes on, the more users will be lost.

Last edited:
Sorry to be repetitive, but I still can't access older threads; I've tried doing Google searches for the case & Websleuths, but keep getting error messages if I try to open any early threads. Any help would be appreciated, as time permits.
Thanks!
Edited to add: Is anyone else having trouble searching for cases here? I keep getting no results, or results that don't match.

Make sure you are still logged in, I get that "cookies" alertt when I am not logged in.

Thanks Spelly but I can't even get in via my phone - it just keeps on telling me I have to accept cookies....

Still having issues here with the site going down quite frequently. Have just spent past 5 minutes trying to get back in after it went down.

View attachment 138565

@Tricia
Just an FYI, I don't know if this is something we need to report.

Over the past few days I have occasionally encountered moments when WS went down for just a few minutes. Just now it was down for 2-3 minutes. Screenshot attached from the site I used to check if it was down:
I had the same experience this morning at the same time you both reported this. I also checked one of those "Is it down for everyone" sites and it said it was down for everyone. I assumed maybe it was a planned outage to fix something. Since I had stopped following this thread I had to come find it to check. Glad to know it's not just me experiencing this.

Sorry to be repetitive, but I still can't access older threads; I've tried doing Google searches for the case & Websleuths, but keep getting error messages if I try to open any early threads. Any help would be appreciated, as time permits.
Thanks!
Edited to add: Is anyone else having trouble searching for cases here? I keep getting no results, or results that don't match.

What threads are you trying to access?
When you search make sure you are not only searching the subforum you are currently viewing. There is a drop down and the default is to have that box checked that says "Search this forum only". Uncheck that to search the entire Websleuths site.

What threads are you trying to access?
When you search make sure you are not only searching the subforum you are currently viewing. There is a drop down and the default is to have that box checked that says "Search this forum only". Uncheck that to search the entire Websleuths site.
Leanne Bearden, for one...also Jeffrey Boucher, as I wanted to revisit his wife's posts. I'll make sure I uncheck the "search this forum only" box, but I still get a message that I'm not allowed to view older threads...I've been a member since 2005. Confusing!
Thanks for your reply!

Leanne Bearden, for one...also Jeffrey Boucher, as I wanted to revisit his wife's posts. I'll make sure I uncheck the "search this forum only" box, but I still get a message that I'm not allowed to view older threads...I've been a member since 2005. Confusing!
Thanks for your reply!

I see Leanne Bearden's current thread here: Found Deceased - TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

And you are right, none of the links to her former threads work. I can't access them either. Perhaps they were removed. @Tricia should be able to tell us if this was intentional or if they were accidentally hidden from us. All I know is sometimes they remove older threads.

I also can't find Jeffrey Boucher's thread. Lots of references to it in other threads but no thread for him. It appears from another post linking to it that it used to be here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235421
But that link gives me an error and says "You do not have permission to view this page of perform this action".

So it's not just you. The threads have probably been removed or hidden. JMO. I'm not a mod, just trying to help :)

I see Leanne Bearden's current thread here: Found Deceased - TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

And you are right, none of the links to her former threads work. I can't access them either. Perhaps they were removed. @Tricia should be able to tell us if this was intentional or if they were accidentally hidden from us. All I know is sometimes they remove older threads.

I also can't find Jeffrey Boucher's thread. Lots of references to it in other threads but no thread for him. It appears from another post linking to it that it used to be here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235421
But that link gives me an error and says "You do not have permission to view this page of perform this action".

So it's not just you. The threads have probably been removed or hidden. JMO. I'm not a mod, just trying to help :)

Was Jeffrey Boucher the guy that disappeared on his morning run and was found in a lake, and his wife was here posting with us? If so, I seem to recall that she requested the thread be closed/removed. I think!

Thank you very much!!!

Please advise how to open new thread: missing person.
I live in the area.
I cannot do, and have tried throughout websleuths

FYI I was able to access it ok.
(Current thread 11)
Previous threads don't work and I noticed some former members on thread 11 so perhaps older threads have been disabled for some reason due to problems.

Last edited:
I had the same experience this morning at the same time you both reported this. I also checked one of those "Is it down for everyone" sites and it said it was down for everyone. I assumed maybe it was a planned outage to fix something. Since I had stopped following this thread I had to come find it to check. Glad to know it's not just me experiencing this.
I have been using Google to search Websleuths bc search @ Websleuths comes back with no results.

On Google I type name of person and add 'Websleuths .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500