Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Google to search Websleuths bc search @ Websleuths comes back with no results.

On Google I type name of person and add 'Websleuths .

I did this for a while until the search function here was fixed. It has been working fine for me since they fixed it and since I figured out I have to uncheck that "search this forum only" box or go to the main search page. Google site search is great for finding older threads. Google even brings up threads that have been removed (but you get an error if you click on them). But I have found that Google doesn't always have a thread that is brand new (minutes to hours old). Since the site search was fixed I have been able to find the new threads here to make sure I don't duplicate when creating a new one. I think that automatic checked box (search this forum only) might be causing some people to unknowingly search the wrong place and get no results. For example if I search while viewing this thread and don't uncheck the box I will only be searching the forum this thread is posted in-- "Forum Information". So it won't bring up a missing person's thread. On the old forum we used to be able to adjust our default settings for searches but I have not figured out a way to do that yet on the new site. There are times when I only want to search an individual forum (so I need that option) but I wish the default could be made to search everything first without having to uncheck that box instead of the default to only search the forum I'm viewing. Hope this makes sense and helps someone. If anyone knows how to change my personal default search settings here, please let me know. :)

Last edited:
It seems like I have one problem after another with this new system!

As of Saturday, I am not being kept logged in. I check the Remember Me button to no avail. Any suggestions? TIA.

I’m still finding it hard to find new threads to watch. I check the new posts and new threads lists daily. I’ve found the best way to find new cases to follow is to click on the profile of a member I am familiar with from past threads, see what they’re commenting on and look there. More often than not they’re commenting on a new thread I’ve never seen before. On tapatalk there was a ‘trending discussions’ feature which was where I found new threads, I’m not finding anything similar on here unless I’ve not discovered it yet.

Where do you find out how many warning points we have? Also, it doesn't tell you anywhere how long your time out is for when you have one (I know, we shouldn't be getting them, but if we do, we need to know?)

@Tricia @WS Admin @sillybilly

Have you been bad??
32x33px-LL-9bfdae66_giggle2.gif

Where can I find "who is following me" - all I see is "who I follow"

??

TIA!

Where can I find "who is following me" - all I see is "who I follow"

??

TIA!
Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner - the one where your avatar pic is shown, not the one above that. It will show who you follow and who follows you. ;)

Is there a post somewhere that explains time outs? I have many questions. How do I know how many (if any) TO points I have? Is there a point list somewhere? How do you receive a warning? Is it through alerts, conversations, in the thread or what? Do you get TO points if mods snip or delete your comments? Do TO points show on your profile or is that kept private? If you get too many time outs, are you banned for life, horse-whipped, sold to the circus?

Is there a post somewhere that explains time outs? I have many questions. How do I know how many (if any) TO points I have? Is there a point list somewhere? How do you receive a warning? Is it through alerts, conversations, in the thread or what? Do you get TO points if mods snip or delete your comments? Do TO points show on your profile or is that kept private? If you get too many time outs, are you banned for life, horse-whipped, sold to the circus?
You're not horse-whipped per se, but indeed you are sold to the circus.

Hmmm... still no response? I believe I have 2 demerits under new system so please send bail if I somehow fall off the grid. And please not the circus.... TIA!

I was just reading the April Tinsley thread when I got three pop up notices that I won $. Here are the screenshots. Both times I was not scrolling or even touching my screen. It happened at 5:32 pm Pacific. I closed my browser, deleted history and had to log into Websleuths again.

Attachments

• 4711BB03-3651-49ED-B6DC-32261A67A1E7.png
    4711BB03-3651-49ED-B6DC-32261A67A1E7.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 18
  • CE7797E1-7443-4379-92AC-A0AE7EBB69E1.png
    CE7797E1-7443-4379-92AC-A0AE7EBB69E1.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 8D92A01F-AE4F-4203-A272-0ACD2B7E69D7.png
    8D92A01F-AE4F-4203-A272-0ACD2B7E69D7.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 82975826-9691-4E63-BA82-AC3BE4108855.png
    82975826-9691-4E63-BA82-AC3BE4108855.png