GUILTY LA - Levi Cole Ellerbe, 6 mos, kidnapped, burned to death, Natchitoches, 17 Jul 2018 *arrests*

cybervampira

Reaction score
6-month-old boy kidnapped, burned to death in north Louisiana: police

Kidnapping leads to homicide

At approximately 9:10 p.m. on July 17 NPD received a 911 call in reference to a 6 month old baby being taken from a residence in Mayberry Trailer Park. Officers arrived and spoke with the mother of the child who advised that two unknown subjects came to her trailer and began beating on her door. She stated upon opening the door she was sprayed in the face with a substance she believed to be mace. She immediately fled the residence to get away from the attackers and upon circling back discovered the baby missing.
Officers began immediately searching the area and called in additional officers from the Natchitoches Police Department, Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s 0ffice, Louisiana State Police and Northwestern State University Police Department. Natchitoches Fire Department was called to the scene to check the mother out.
At approximately 10:20 p.m. NPD received a report of a fire near Breda Ave and upon arrival discovered a baby approximately 6 months of age with obvious burns about his body. The baby was transported to NRMC in critical condition. He was then airlifted to University Health where he later succumbed to his injuries. This investigation is continuing, further information will be given at a later time.
Approved for release by Chief Dove Date:7/18/18

Natchitoches Police Department

This is horrific.

• The woman fled the trailer and originally left the baby there? :eek:
  • The baby was burned alive? Didn't even die until it was taken to the hospital? That is work of the devil himself. That poor innocent child. :oops:

To me this sounds like the woman was involved in some real sketchy business with sketchy people.

Hopefully there will be neighbors who can confirm the story of the two men, and I hope the mother or a neighbor can give a good description of them.

I am surprised she ran out without the baby...did she have other children she was trying to protect? Did she run out for help?

This is horrifying. Who could do this to an innocent little baby?

I suppose in theory someone who has a grudge against the parents and this is a punishment attack on the parents? It seems an odd way to go about it, I would have expected a situation like that to turn into one of the parents being beaten up, not murdering a little baby like this.

Could it be gang related? Gambling debts? Drugs?

I suppose in theory someone who has a grudge against the parents and this is a punishment attack on the parents? It seems an odd way to go about it, I would have expected a situation like that to turn into one of the parents being beaten up, not murdering a little baby like this.

Could it be gang related? Gambling debts? Drugs?

"Parents"? I've only read the mother came to the door, was sprayed and ran away from the attackers. If a husband/father had been there, we probably would have heard about it. I'm wonder if possibly some man didn't want to pay child support. Or, it could be any number of other things, a jealous gf, for example, or a debt, or, you fill in the blanks. Whatever it is, it was the poor baby that died a horrific death. May the little one rest in peace.

My opinion only

How horrific! It sounds like the bad guys were after the baby.

The firemen who checked the mom out will know if she was sprayed with something.

Whoever took that baby had the devil inside of him/them! They were upset with the mom over something big time!

Now for the rest of the story.....

Last edited:
The first thing a mother will think about is

"How am I going to get my baby out safely" Before even wondering about her own safety.

This just doesn't add up at all.

Normally, yes a mother would think about the baby first, but maybe not so much with a face full of mace or whatever.

And, no, it may not add up, but we don't have many facts. We'll have to wait and see. It's early yet, no need to jump to conclusions.

My opinion only

The first thing a mother will think about is

"How am I going to get my baby out safely" Before even wondering about her own safety.

This just doesn't add up at all.

Mm, I don't agree there. In the heat of the moment, with a face full of mace, running on pure instinct and fear... a fair amount of people would run first, think later. We never know what we would do in these situations until it happens to us. She may have also thought that the men wanted to rob her, and probably would leave the baby alone.

You might be right, of course, and the whole story could be suspicious. But it's not impossible.

I thought about that but there would need to be help. She calls 911 at 9:10 and the fire was seen and reported at 10:20.

I was thinking about this. Maybe the fire just got big enough to be reported at an hour into it. It could have burned slow and low for awhile before taking off and getting noticed.

Horrific regardless but such an odd story.

I took a picture of the satellite view of the area on my computer. Mayberry Mobile Home Park is the red X, Breda Ave is the green line. There is a heavily treed area at the north end of it.

Distance between the far end of the mobile home park and the treed area ~3200 feet as the crow flies. Through the trees and going down Stella St.

I also hate to be negative but I’m wondering if the “macing” was to make an excuse for a flash burn.

Attachments

• F2487F57-2F32-4A6C-94E8-889471302DD6.jpeg
    F2487F57-2F32-4A6C-94E8-889471302DD6.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 97

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members