Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Gray told police in her first statement that she took on the role of leader in the search for her missing niece but subsequently told them after her body was found in bushland that Mr Ristevksi had not been helpful.

“I provided as much support as I could for both of [Borce and his daughter Sarah] but I could tell Borce wasn’t assisting police or himself to find Karen which I found frustrating,” she said.

Karen Ristevski's aunt told police Borce's stories 'flimsy', court told

I think she may have felt like most of us here in regards to the lack of assistance to police, not only from Borce but also from Sarah.

"to two garages to get quotes to fix the fuel gauge. One quote was for $800."
"going to the garages for the quotes"

Please, a little help with translation for a stupid person in front of laptop, can't understand quite right (only guess).

IT expert Matthew Sorell - Uni of Adelaide lecturer.
* Viewed more than 50 hours of cctv taken at Avondale Heights and Diggers Rest.
* He had confirmed cctv of Borce taken at a fuel station taken months earlier for comparison.
* He concluded it is more likely to be Borce driving than Karen
* The physical features are not a match to Karen.
* The driver had short light colured - grey hair.

Category: | Herald Sun
IT expert says Borce Ristevski more likely to have been behind the wheel than Karen in CCTV footage

I have no doubt that the police have far better quality cctv footage than what was released to the media. The poor quality stuff was probably just used to put pressure on Borce. Enhancement technology has moved leaps and bounds from the days when we used to use white out.

I have no doubt that the police have far better quality cctv footage than what was released to the media. The poor quality stuff was probably just used to put pressure on Borce. Enhancement technology has moved leaps and bounds from the days when we used to use white out.
Remembering to have seen BR (probably) on the driver seat, on the passenger seat, with sunglasses, without sunglasses, and so on .... OMG. No wonder, even LE experts needed much effort.

Karen Ristevski's aunt told police Borce's stories 'flimsy'
Tom Cowie
29 mins ago
Borce Ristevksi’s account of his movements on the day his wife Karen went missing were “flimsy” and he later did not do his best to help find her, Mrs Ristevksi’s aunt told police after her body was found.

Patricia Gray’s two statements to police were released on Thursday as part of a hearing at the Melbourne Magistrates Court to decide if Mr Ristevski will face a murder trial over his wife's death.

In her first statement, given two weeks after Mrs Ristevski went missing on June 29, 2016, Ms Gray recounted to police that Mr Ristevski had told her he drove his wife’s car on the day of her disappearance because of a faulty fuel gauge.
She said Mr Ristevski told her he went to two garages to get quotes to fix the fuel gauge. One quote was for $800.

“In my mind I thought that what he was saying would be easily checked out by the police so didn’t give it much thought,” she said.

Ms Gray, 61, said she later asked some of her relatives who had read Mr Ristevski’s statement to police about what he was doing that day and they told her that he had not mentioned visiting the garages.

In her second statement to police given a year later, Ms Gray said Mr Ristevksi later told her she was mistaken about him driving to the garages to get quotes to fix the fuel gauge.

He told her instead that he went to fill up the car with fuel but missed two turn-offs and then went home.
“But this second account appeared to be flimsy and I found it hard to fathom.”

'Consistent' fault with fuel gauge of Karen Ristevski's car, court told

Forensic mechanic Glen Dower told a hearing to decide whether Mr Ristevski will face trial over his wife's murder that the car's fuel tank was drained three times after being refilled.
"There was a fault with the fuel sending unit, the actual gauge was only showing empty or full," he said.
When asked if the fault was consistent, Mr Dower said it was.
The fault was "consistent" which IMO rules out the fuel gauge sending unit fixing itself by going over bumps in the road.

Hearing Sarah statement and the fact she even mentioned she had looked for Karen's passport - o_O
Just makes me wonder and wonder and wonder. Why would Vasko have put him self on record saying Karen probably went overseas on a fake passport.
I am wondering about the shisha ...:D

Yes soso.
Mum's taken off in a huff after an argument - however there were no arguments, except over $1 Shapes. So of course the first thing you do is check if her toothbrush, perfume....and passport... are still there.:rolleyes:

Smoking shisha: how bad is it for you?

It is growing in popularity but some experts say a single shisha session is the same as smoking 200 cigarettes
.. smoking shisha is the perfect way to unwind in an evening. "After a long day, I'll go to a shisha lounge. It relaxes me. In the same way that some people will enjoy a glass of red wine or need a cigarette to keep going while they're working, I like to enjoy my shisha. If I don't do it, it feels like I'm missing something."

Shisha, the origins of which are disputed (some say India, others Persia or Turkey) is a glass-bottomed water pipe in which fruit-flavoured tobacco is covered with foil and roasted with charcoal. The tobacco smoke passes through a water chamber and is inhaled deeply and slowly; the fruit-flavoured tobacco tastes smooth and smells sweet, enthusiasts say, making it an enjoyable and unrushed experience.

Usually shared between friends shisha is now associated with Middle Eastern cafe culture, but has become increasingly popular in the UK in recent years with cafes popping up in cities across the country. It's a phenomenon that has worried primary care trusts (PCTs) across the UK, which think that, unlike cigarette smokers, shisha users are unaware of the health risks.

Article found:
Huma Qureshi
Tue 23 Aug 2011 05.59 AESTFirst published on Tue 23 Aug 2011 05.59 AEST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors