Found Deceased CANADA - Ben Kilmer, 41, Cowichan, 16 May 2018

I don’t recall - did we know the dogs tracked the scent of BK to a pond? The pond was drained and nothing found. I want to know how far the pond was from his work truck. Earlier in the day he had left the truck door open and engine running. It makes me wonder - he must have thought he was coming right back to his work truck - did he go the pond to relieve himself? Did he see something that he wasn’t supposed to see? I also make note he was wearing steel toed boots.

Two months after his disappearance it does not seem likely he is still alive. Where could he be?
Actually door was not open when sitting on side of road running, owner of house it was parked in front of took a picture thinking it was suspicious. Also pond was drained just to make sure... it was a natural pond not like a household pond we think of.

Attachments

• kilmer van found llke this.jpg
    kilmer van found llke this.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 206
  • BK Pond Drain.jpg
    BK Pond Drain.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Pond area and RCMP chopper.jpg
    Pond area and RCMP chopper.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 176
Actually door was not open when sitting on side of road running, owner of house it was parked in front of took a picture thinking it was suspicious. Also pond was drained just to make sure... it was a natural pond not like a household pond we think of.

I missed this about the door not being open. Where did you get these photos?
The immediate area looks forested, or at least wooded. Do you know the exact location? I understand you are local.
Thanks so much in advance Davo!

Just on the left here back from the driveway... this is street view, if you back out of it you can see where it is in relation to road from arial view. I got the photos sent to me I belong to another small local private group we are trying to figure this out... lots of good info. A lot of conjecture though and some a bit off. Google Maps also if you back out of the map to arial view to the right or top you will see a gravel pit. That is Stone Pacific where he was last seen dropping keys off in video surveillance.

Attachments

• kilmer sec cam clear.jpg
    kilmer sec cam clear.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Just on the left here back from the driveway... this is street view, if you back out of it you can see where it is in relation to road from arial view. I got the photos sent to me I belong to another small local private group we are trying to figure this out... lots of good info. A lot of conjecture though and some a bit off. Google Maps also if you back out of the map to arial view to the right or top you will see a gravel pit. That is Stone Pacific where he was last seen dropping keys off in video surveillance.

Thanks Davo!
So that looks like it is 200-300m east of Menzies. It is a relatively shaded/wooded area, with not a lot of direct visibility to houses. Very convenient.

Where is the pond, relative to that?

Anything is possible I think there would have been signs of that there if it was a struggle and a few people though. For sure there would have been signs of that. Perhaps it is being kept quiet if that is what transpired. LE don't have to tell anyone anything not even family. Just in case family is involved. Not saying it is but you just never know what is going on with this case. The weirdest part for me is the van running on side of the road for 6 or more hours until RCMP showed up.

Who knows why scent trail goes to pond and why someone went there... who knows if it was BK or someone else's scent trail. Don't know. No information on that. Speculation only. I don't think too much information will come out for a while as people start finding out the truth or family or LE start asking for help if case goes cold. That is what usually happens here on the island anyway. I don't think they are equipped to handle this stuff and there are a lot of cases going on. Not many of these kinds of things get solved on the island. That is why it is important to maybe keep them in the limelight as they go cold at least someone is talking about it and maybe someone will come forward and say something... who knows for now it is all a mystery.

Guessing/ speculating, something hidden in a waterproof container that he went to collect?
Perhaps followed/ watched by those who want to know where something is hidden?
Complete speculation, imo.

Or perhaps he felt sick because of something he ate (possibly poisoned). I know, that's a real long shot!

Or, someone said, meet me at the pond, as I have something to tell you (give to you/ share with you).

Private search team out looking this weekend in area where van was found. I think it is over 3 months and a little too late for searching that area now. It was already searched months ago. Not sure why they are retracing their steps except this time they have cadaver dogs. Will post if there is any more info. I myself think this is just smoke and mirrors for some kind of show by the wife because of the private FB pages calling her out on a lot of things people are seeing or believing about him going missing and her involvement or knowing what happened - A little late for searching there in my opinion.

Attachments

• 40045872_936982956488807_507585840700981248_n.jpg
    40045872_936982956488807_507585840700981248_n.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 27

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members