Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

UPDATE - Police have sent searchers home for the day with no sign of missing 20 year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

UPDATE - At least 100 people are out looking for a missing 20 year-old woman in Poweshiek County.

Investigators now say Mollie Tibbetts was last seen dog sitting for at a friend's house late Wednesday night. When no one heard from her Thursday, they reported her missing.

Crews are out searching around the Brooklyn area for any sign of Tibbetts, At this point, investigators aren't sure if foul play is involved.

[...]

UGH.

So was she spending the night at her mom's or at the boyfriends??? If she went missing while running, didn't someone notice that she didn't come home? If she went missing the next morning, dressed in the red shirt, obviously she didn't go missing while running. Need to find out where she spent the night.

UGH.

So was she spending the night at her mom's or at the boyfriends??? If she went missing while running, didn't someone notice that she didn't come home? If she went missing the next morning, dressed in the red shirt, obviously she didn't go missing while running. Need to find out where she spent the night.
Yes there is much confusion about the details of her going missing. I'm also in Iowa, but not close enough to be "local". In the KWWL story I posted yesterday evening, her mom mentioned something about her making brats for dinner and that Molly agreed (not exactly the same words as the mom). At first I thought that meant for Wednesday evening. Now I think she was talking about dinner Thursday otherwise she would have reported her missing on Wednesday. I also call my noon meal dinner and my early evening meal supper. Also, at first she was reported missing from Grinnell because according to her FB page she does work at a daycare there. Also there was 3 major tornadoes that the news were covering on Thursday, so I think the info. about her missing was not on the news right away because of that. And yes I-80 is a major interstate that is very close to Brooklyn goes all the way to California and New Jersey. Alot of truckers travel this interstate through Iowa. Mollie must of mentioned to her mom that she was going jogging in the Wednesday evening phone call with her mom, but does sound like she got back from that safely if she was in contact with her boyfriend on Wednesday night at 10:00. Sorry for my ramblings. All is IMO based on this article. NEW INFORMATION: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County ETA-Her car was at home with her phone, so she couldn't of got into an accident or have it break down like I thought at first. Maybe she did go jogging late at night?

Last edited:
I can see the late night jogging due to the heat this time of year....that being said, I wish people wouldn't go jogging alone.

Looking at her instagram she seems to be a very bright, well liked, young woman with a lot of poise and a lot of loving friends and family. She's been with the boyfriend for over 2 1/2 years. Are they still together? Do they attend the same college?

I know one never knows what is going on inside someone else's mind, but IMO she did not leave/run off willingly.

I wish we could get a main stream media/LE statement about where she was supposed to be spending the night.

According to latest facebook post she was at boyfriends house. This part I find concerning, apparently she cannot see without her contacts or glasses and BOTH were still at his house along with her ID. I wonder if anyone checked to see if any of the windows or doors had been tampered with.

Last edited:
According to latest facebook post she was at boyfriends house. This part I find concerning, apparently she cannot see without her contacts or glasses and BOTH were still at his house along with her ID. I wonder if anyone checked to see if any of the windows or doors had been tampered with.
And also the cell phone is not at the boyfriend's house either according to the post. It was originally stated on the news station articles that the car was at the house too. Sorry I don't have any links for that info, but it's not in the KWWL article that I've been mentioning.Now I see that her brother had the car and they both used it. I wonder how long she knew she had to work on Thurs.. IMO-I would think she would of got in touch with her brother to use the car at least the night before she had to work.If she can't see without her glasses/contacts would she be able to go jogging without them? IMO-someone saw her out while jogging and followed her back home. The confusing part is about the shirt she was going to wear to work on Thurs.

Updated by Mollie Tibbetts social media page (FB):
quote "County, state and federal bureaus are using every resource and working together around the clock to bring Mollie home. We have to trust their expertise. Local agencies had just completed search training and a federal audit of local search efforts describe the investigation as rock solid.
Sheriff Kriegel is confident that every home in Brooklyn has been visited. Every farm building, barn and shed in the area has been searched. FLIR did not detect any heat signatures in the area. Helicopter and drone searches do not indicate that any fields in the area have been disturbed or damaged"...

I don't know how Twitter works, but I looked at the post you are talking about, i.e. the "pinned tweet". Is it dated Nov. 17, 2017 and if so, then why is it showing as her last tweet on or just around July 17th? Any clue about that one or how it works? (confused with new technology)

I don't know how Twitter works, but I looked at the post you are talking about, i.e. the "pinned tweet". Is it dated Nov. 17, 2017 and if so, then why is it showing as her last tweet on or just around July 17th? Any clue about that one or how it works? (confused with new technology)
That's the "pinned" part. You can pick one tweet to stay pinned at the top of your page even if it's not the most recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member