Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

I’m still reeling from yesterday’s statement. I’ve been around a long time and know that these cases have nothing to do with me, thankfully, so this isn’t about me. But I believe I am like so many of you who really take certain cases to heart and feel the emotions in a very raw, deep way as we follow the ups and downs. My heart hurts as I contemplate the reality here.....this is probably all there is, we’re done here. Please forgive me if this sounds trite or trivial because that is not my intention in any way, but I feel as though I have been reading a book and just realized that the last chapter is missing. I feel cheated because I kept believing that we would get answers, probably not all of them, but at least some of them. Well, sadly I guess that isn’t going to happen now. And if I feel cheated, then I can only imagine how dejected Lucas’s family must feel.

I’m still reeling from yesterday’s statement. I’ve been around a long time and know that these cases have nothing to do with me, thankfully, so this isn’t about me. But I believe I am like so many of you who really take certain cases to heart and feel the emotions in a very raw, deep way as we follow the ups and downs. My heart hurts as I contemplate the reality here.....this is probably all there is, we’re done here. Please forgive me if this sounds trite or trivial because that is not my intention in any way, but I feel as though I have been reading a book and just realized that the last chapter is missing. I feel cheated because I kept believing that we would get answers, probably not all of them, but at least some of them. Well, sadly I guess that isn’t going to happen now. And if I feel cheated, then I can only imagine how dejected Lucas’s family must feel.
Can you imagine if Emily hadn't committed suicide and then we watched her be found not guilty, if they ever even charged her?
Kansas laws need to change! People can literally get away with murder there!

I was in tears yesterday thinking about this case. I don’t remember feeling as emotional reading about any others. I felt like the press conference was rushed. To me all they did was give a summary of the case and answered a couple of questions and called it a day. There wasn’t a lot of valuable information. I felt when DM was mentioned, they weren’t too thrilled. I wonder if they feel he messed up the case they were trying to build against EG by releasing his recordings to NG from the day he was with her to find Lucas’s body. Or maybe for the fact she committed suicide right after maybe upon hearing how DM played her, making her believe he was on her side. Then she realizes no one is on her side.

Can you imagine if Emily hadn't committed suicide and then we watched her be found not guilty, if they ever even charged her?
Kansas laws need to change! People can literally get away with murder there!

"Kansas laws need to change." This statue could be added because of Lucas. The DA was talking about charges. "Why don't we charge with desecration of a body or illegal dumping of a body. We don't have that statue, it is not on the books in Kansas."

Last edited:
Emily would have been added to the list of women who got away with killing a child if she did not kill herself.
Emily did not know that though.

Its why I said earlier that LE is secretly thinking " justice has been served".

Emily was not as smart as she thought she was.
Otherwise she would still be alive.

I've been given the green light to discuss anything pertaining to Lucas's case. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them. The DA and Captain didn't include every little detail, so if they've told us something that wasn't included I'm free to share it.

I don't know much about the dogs. I know nothing about what or if they hit on anything. I'm not 100% positive that cadaver dogs were ever used by LE.

The landlord DID see and speak to Lucas through the door around 5:30 Friday evening.

Do you know why it was believed Lucas had not been abducted or walked out of the house and what was the relevance of the person running barefoot?

Investigators knew Emily was lying very, very early on. They knew she was lying after listening to her 911 call.

I'm not sure about the running barefoot comment.

Edited to add: we as a family have always assumed that the barefoot comment was regarding Lucas not having his shoes. Even though they had good indication that Emily was lying, I believe they were covering all of their bases and making sure no one saw a barefoot Lucas "running" down the street.

Last edited:
@FindLucasAllen, very kind of you to come in for questions. I have one..do we know if (or how) JH did face time with EG on the fateful day..did she just say Lucas was asleep,or something? And, how are you doing? Thank you.

We don't have confirmation directly from LE about any FaceTime calls.

I'm doing ok, thank you for asking. Right now I'm trying to figure out where I go next... how can I put these last months into action so they help others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back