MO - Duck boat carrying 31 tourists capsizes, killing 17, near Branson, July 2018

I am sure wrongful death attorneys are running each other off the road trying to get to her and other victim's families to file suits. Less than a week gone by and no funerals as yet but the money and greed has already begun. I saw where a account has already been set up to help with funerals expenses. A goal of $500,000 for funerals...sheesh? Sad on top of sad.

JMO

Law firm, Morgan and Morgan, advertising for victims who were involved

Lakeside Resort & Restaurant on Table Rock Lake

This is the hero captain who calmly steered his packed duck boat to shore during the deadly storm that sunk a colleague's vehicle and killed 17 day trippers.

Barry King was skippering one of two Ride The Ducks Branson amphibious boats that were caught in an intense squall Thursday evening on Table Rock Lake near Branson, Missouri.

The slow-moving vessels were as little as 125 yards apart but while King made it safely to shore, he and his passengers could only look on in horror as his colleague's boat vanished beneath 4ft waves.

Hero captain of second Missouri duck boat which survived storm speaks out | Daily Mail Online

from your link gregg

now we have some serious problems

National Transport Safety Board member Earl Weener told reporters they had a lot of questions for the surviving captain, as it was discovered winds were approaching hurricane force when the boat entered the water.

I certainly did not think it was anything like that what an ###

Last edited:
from your link gregg

now we have some serious problems

National Transport Safety Board member Earl Weener told reporters they had a lot of questions for the surviving captain, as it was discovered winds were approaching hurricane force when the boat entered the water.

I certainly did not think it was anything like that what an ###

They interviewed a man who with his wife got a refund because they saw the weather and decided not to board the ill-fated boat.

It was apparently obvious.

The duck boat company who owned the craft which sank last week killing 17 people were warned about design flaws over a year before the tragic accident.

Steve Paul, owner of the Test Drive Technologies inspection service, said he issued a written report for the company in August 2017 explaining the engine and drainage pumps could fail in inclement weather.

Paul also claimed he told the company the boat's canopy made it difficult to escape if it were to capsize.

Duck boat company was warned about design flaws last year | Daily Mail Online

Could the boat company owner face charges gitana1?

Divers just coming out of the water minutes ago. Don't know what it means but the blue floating things are not there anymore. It is interesting to watch how the retrieval team works to do this. Just looking at the water ripples I believe they have finished hooking up the cables and it's coming up now. How sad to see all those life jackets not used on top of the canopy roof. I don't know if anyone else saw it but I saw a drone hovering over the scene down low.

ETA

Last edited:
Divers just coming out of the water minutes ago. Don't know what it means but the blue floating things are not there anymore. It is interesting to watch how the retrieval team works to do this. Just looking at the water ripples I believe they have finished hooking up the cables and it's coming up now.

I was reading yesterday that these duck boats are extremely heavy weighing 7-1/2 ton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back