Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to get up to speed, this is a disturbing case but intriguing as well. I don’t know if I can get caught up, is there a timeline of events anyone could point me too?

I did find this article from June of this year, is it fairly accurate, anyone? I honestly don’t think I have time to read through the all the threads... help!
http://crimefeed.com/2018/06/disappeared-michael-chambers/

Agreed. Although Pmerle told me privately after seeing the photo that she must’ve been mistaken and she never meant to cause suspicion by mentioning it, I wish she would have publicly stated that on the thread. It seems of our two VI’s only one of them has had to change the details of every answer over and over. The one that was in constant contact with BC.
I thought she had seen the original photo. Was there a date stamp on the lip photo?

I’m trying to get up to speed, this is a disturbing case but intriguing as well. I don’t know if I can get caught up, is there a timeline of events anyone could point me too?

I did find this article from June of this year, is it fairly accurate, anyone? I honestly don’t think I have time to read through the all the threads... help!
It's fairly accurate, I'd say. No thread timeline has been done for this case, but there have been a couple of interesting TV shows and online video interview shows done. I'm not very good at quickly pulling up and putting a bunch of links into one post, but there are a ton of good links posters have provided throughout the threads.
The article you posted probably has some inaccuracies, as do most articles, but the basic timeline given is ok. Wish I had the time and skills to be more helpful to you right now, but glad you are here!

Thanks Tripod, I didn't think I'd seen any family reference to suicide before SM's surprise theory announcement. I missed it earlier (if it was stated), what does the death certificate say as to cause of death? I would *expect* 'undetermined' since they can't know without a body but considering every other aspect of this case, I suppose nothing should be shocking.
We have no idea what the death certificate says for cause of death. Only certain parties would be able to get a copy of the death cert, and no VI has come back to discuss it. Good question, though!

First post in this thread for me .... hi everyone!

I have not yet got a theory for myself about what happened to Michael, however I do not think he committed suicide. I have been in a very dark place a couple of times, where I believed suicide was the only way out. I wrote letters to my family explaining why, and to tell them that I loved them etc. Michael seems such a family orientated type of guy so IMO if he had comitted suicide, he'd have left notes so his family would know he loved them etc.
He would also do it in a place where he would be found (not necessarily by his family) because I doubt he would want his family to go through what they are going through now.

I really hope he is found soon so his family have answers.
Hi, JustJo, and welcome!

Most of the time I tend to think the way you do re: MC and suicide, though I can't completely rule out the possibility. I sure would like to be able to do that :(

I appreciate your perspective and honesty on this very much. It helps my own thinking process :)

Just out of curiosity, what was the date
on the photo?
I just checked and I have photos from text and when I click on Details the date and time are not when the photo was taken and not when it was sent to me but when I opened the text and downloaded the photo. I don't have any photos that have a date/time on the photo but I guess that is an option in Camera which the camera user would have to have on although I'm not certain about that will have to check.

I just checked and I have photos from text and when I click on Details the date and time are not when the photo was taken and not when it was sent to me but when I opened the text and downloaded the photo. I don't have any photos that have a date/time on the photo but I guess that is an option in Camera which the camera user would have to have on although I'm not certain about that will have to check.
Creepcrusher said it was dated and time stamped. She got it straight from Steele54 I believe. Let's see what she says.

Welcome to new arrivals. Michael Chambers and those who love & respect him sure do need a big break. It's time for Papaw to come home.

I see absolutely nothing to make me think Papaw killed himself. If his body were found in a situation that suggests suicide took place, I would be looking for the conniving people who staged the situation to look like suicide. I find the idea that he took off to make a fresh start ludicrous. This man thought the world of his grandchildren & children and wouldn't abandon them.

I believe Michael Chambers was killed during an altercation . His murderer(s), no doubt , think they've gotten off without a hitch in their giddy-up.

Sooner or later someone is going to slip up.

I believe the motive(s) could be (1) Michael threatened to divorce his wife. BC was afraid of lawyers, loss of reputation , and loss of the lifestyle to which she'd become accustomed, her lovers would be exposed in court and lose their own reputation(s), job, political clout. Someone, afraid of BC spilling the beans of their affair, approached Michael Chambers tried to appeal for mercy on their own behalf (stop your talk of divorce or I'm going to wind up in court with you two) An altercation resulting in Michael's murder took place.
(2) Michael cut off someone(?) financially and they pitched a fit, resulting in violent altercation , then Michael's death.

The 4mph phone disposal situation is just bizarre. Someone's vehicle broke down and they walked with Michael's phone in their pocket? Someone tossed the phone out a window and it wound up on a construction vehicle? It was placed in the trash and carried by garbage truck?

Anyhow, these are my theories and my opinions only.

Justice for Michael Chambers!

The day MC went missing.
Oh, my. I wasn't expecting that. What time was it taken? For some reason, I seem to recall Pmerle00 was with BC when she (BC) received it. It had to have been before they knew MC went missing. So that means that BC was communicating with JC2 on the day MC disappeared. Since her phone was "off" most of the day, it would be interesting to know when she received it? And also, she accused JC2 later on that evening of hurting MC. And I believe he was stopped by LE and photographed.

According to this article David ( MCs son?) stated he recalled a strange conversation with MC in which M told him it would be easy to disappear and make it look like an accident.

Also seems strange to me that his drivers license was missing. Who else would bother to take his DL?

I don’t know what to believe, but does that 2 Mile Bridge have such little traffic that someone would go there in broad daylight and jump off?

Could he have gone over to the bridge and met up with someone and left with them?

I also think it could have been foul play. Yet the blood spatter expert concluded the blood was staged? And LE seems to think it’s a case of suicide.

Baffling case, I’m just getting up to speed and most likely my questions and thoughts are a repeat of what’s already been posted here, so apologies.

Does anyone know if the VI Pmerle00 will be back? It looks like she hasn’t posted since October of last year, hope all is going well with her.

Oh, my. I wasn't expecting that. What time was it taken? For some reason, I seem to recall Pmerle00 was with BC when she (BC) received it. It had to have been before they knew MC went missing. So that means that BC was communicating with JC2 on the day MC disappeared. Since her phone was "off" most of the day, it would be interesting to know when she received it? And also, she accused JC2 later on that evening of hurting MC. And I believe he was stopped by LE and photographed.

I haven’t heard this, that BC had accused JC of hurting M.
I do recall reading here that Pmerle was with BC when she received that text, of just the pic ?

I wonder where JC said he was when he got the bee sting, and what time of day,I don’t recall reading that info here.

I think the 'slow ride to suicide bridge' was a "look over here! look over here!" distraction for whatever reason he may have had, no one with his years of investigative experience could work out the timeline and not realize a 70 year old man would have had to bike nearly 20 miles and jump during near-rush hour traffic. 2.5 mph, 4.2, 4.5, what difference does it make when it sounds to be made up of whole cloth.

I think it was Klein that said the water near the bridge is the last place he'd look for him after that. In Texas, 'hill country' is generally between San Antonio and Austin but Klein said 'up in the hill country' so possibly he was referring to north of Dallas/Oklahoma?

I haven’t heard this, that BC had accused JC of hurting M.
I do recall reading here that Pmerle was with BC when she received that text, of just the pic ?

I wonder where JC said he was when he got the bee sting, and what time of day,I don’t recall reading that info here.
CChambers18. She is not a VI but she came on the thread several times.
During that conversation, that is what was said. Plug in the name and read her posts.

Oh, one other thing that caught my attention, the body/skeleton that was found (a couple weeks ago?) was without a shirt, it may not mean anything but since MC had been wearing a DFD shirt when last seen, it seems sort of salient (that his killer might try to hide the victim's identity for as long as possible). Just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07