MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well, you said you would have been the squeaky wheel and you wondered why she wasn't. That's what I was replying to, but if I misunderstood, cool.

He wonders correctly... because for most of the past 2 years Nikki was not the squeaky wheel in any way!
The articles and examples you all give, where Nikki and Franz are actively interacting with investigators... that’s ALL in the first couple months!
I’d say by December, Nikki just totally backed off, laid low, and waited for LE to call her if there were any update.

If Nikki is still considered a suspect, I'm not surprised LE isn't reaching out to her. Especially considering the FBI is involved. The MSP said last year that they don't believe it was random.

Investigators said it's believed Brueger knew her attacker and that the shooting was not random.

"There was some evidence at the scene that would make us think that this was not random, but we're not ruling anything out. The investigation has not gone cold," Shaw said, reminding people to be on the lookout whenever they're out jogging.

Family seeks answers after jogger killed by four shotgun blasts to her back

The above article you linked/quoted, was from Feb. 21, 2017.

The article I had quoted in my OP (referencing Nikki saying that LE hadn't reached out to her for a month) was dated Sept. 21, 2016 - about 7 weeks after Ally was murdered.

If we're going to discuss a timeframe regarding Nikki contacting LE and her comments about how they didn't reach out to her for a month, we need to discuss the immediate timeframe in which she made that comment. Not a news report that was published 5 months later.

Last edited:
If Nikki is still considered a suspect, I'm not surprised LE isn't reaching out to her. Especially considering the FBI is involved. The MSP said last year that they don't believe it was random.

Investigators said it's believed Brueger knew her attacker and that the shooting was not random.

"There was some evidence at the scene that would make us think that this was not random, but we're not ruling anything out. The investigation has not gone cold," Shaw said, reminding people to be on the lookout whenever they're out jogging.

Family seeks answers after jogger killed by four shotgun blasts to her back

The above article you linked/quoted, was from Feb. 21, 2017.

The article I had quoted in my OP was dated Sept. 21, 2016 - about 7 weeks after Ally was murdered.

If we're going to discuss a timeframe regarding Nikki contacting LE and her comments about how they didn't reach out to her for a month, we need to discuss the immediate timeframe in which she made that comment. Not a news report that was published 5 months later.
The SEP 2016 article has similar words -
"Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer" and "emphasized that “everyone is considered a suspect” in this case":
Murder on the mind: The hunt for Ally Brueger's killer
September 21, 2016
Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer.
“There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was,” Shaw said. “I can’t expand on that, but there is not enough evidence that we can rule out a random event. We think it’s someone she knew, but we can’t say for certain that she didn’t get into an incident with a vehicle in a road rage type of event, either. We have to be careful to not narrow the focus.”
For now, after receiving about 75 tips and interviewing approximately 100 people that knew Ally, he emphasized that “everyone is considered a suspect” in this case, which presents a difficult challenge due to the rural environment in which there are a lack of witnesses and no surveillance cameras.

The SEP 2016 article has similar words -
"Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer" and "emphasized that “everyone is considered a suspect” in this case":
Murder on the mind: The hunt for Ally Brueger's killer
September 21, 2016
Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said there was evidence at the scene that indicates Brueger likely knew her killer.
“There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was,” Shaw said. “I can’t expand on that, but there is not enough evidence that we can rule out a random event. We think it’s someone she knew, but we can’t say for certain that she didn’t get into an incident with a vehicle in a road rage type of event, either. We have to be careful to not narrow the focus.”
For now, after receiving about 75 tips and interviewing approximately 100 people that knew Ally, he emphasized that “everyone is considered a suspect” in this case, which presents a difficult challenge due to the rural environment in which there are a lack of witnesses and no surveillance cameras.

My OP, as well as replies to it, have been regarding whether or not Nikki - the victim's mother - had contacted or had been contacted by investigators.

The above article excerpt doesn't say anything about either parent being a suspect.

In fact, the above article is extremely vague and provides little to no info.

No, but I have some reasons to believe they possibly might have had immediate access to a white sedan.
It's hard for me to see this happening. It would take 4 minutes for him to drive to the location where Ally was killed. That gives him approximately 11 minutes to gather a shot gun plus ammo and permission to use a car that isn't his. That would mean IMO he had to think this through beforehand, all for a man that has never been violent.

And why would that be?

I can’t tell you that because I recently found out that Nikki has friends and family silently monitoring this thread... they have actual accounts, they log in... but they don’t ever become verified or comment on anything. They just observe...

I can’t tell you that because I recently found out that Nikki has friends and family silently monitoring this thread... they have actual accounts, they log in... but they don’t ever become verified or comment on anything. They just observe...

Please do tell. If Nikki has friends & family monitoring these threads, who told you?

ETA: You've stated in the recent past that none of Ally's family will have any contact with you. You've stated that you've sent them messages, tried to contact them via Facebook and other social media, but they've refused to talk to you.

What gives, dude? This seems to be coming out of the blue.

Last edited:

I’m afraid I don’t understand: Why would Nikki’s friends and family following this thread prevent you from sharing this information?

Please do tell. If Nikki has friends & family monitoring these threads, who told you?

ETA: You've stated in the recent past that none of Ally's family will have any contact with you. You've stated that you've sent them messages, tried to contact them via Facebook and other social media, but they've refused to talk to you.

What gives, dude? This seems to be coming out of the blue.
Well this could get ugly. Warring family members. But if they are here....Welcome, and you all are in our hearts. Most of us anyway. IMO

I just don't know how anyone would know that. Are they just lurkers that have an interest in the case and maybe are shy about posting.

I just don't know how anyone would know that. Are they just lurkers that have an interest in the case and maybe are shy about posting.

Who could possibly blame them or anyone for not wanting to post here? If I was her family member or friend I would be appalled. I'm just a stranger, and....

I'm just gonna let that sentence trail off

Who could possibly blame them or anyone for not wanting to post here? If I was her family member or friend I would be appalled. I'm just a stranger, and....

I'm just gonna let that sentence trail off

Good choice....

I'm betting LE checked out any cars located on their property.It isn't as though they could get rid of a car quickly. IMO

Any car that Franz may have been working on in his shed would have been registered in his name.

It's easy enough for the police to look up the DMV records to find out what vehicles are registered to Franz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair