Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like law enforcement are waiting for someone to make a move that is involved. If they thought it was a random abduction they would have released a statement of what they know already. These are just my thoughts...

Yes, they're watching everyone. Eyes are on the searchers, around town, on the outskirts of town...someone will slip up, evidence has been found or will be found...just a matter of time.

Of course I hope she is alive and well and will be reunited with her family asap. My heart is breaking for them.

I think this scenario is extremely unlikely from what Mollie’s loved ones and friends are saying.

Yeah, I agree. So it is interesting to me why the Sheriff said this and worded it this way. Just made me side eye my computer while reading the article. Could be nothing. I've been wrong before. Just once or twice.

Somewhere in all the early information, did I see that she left her ID at the residence? I know that she took her phone and Fitbit. I may be mistaken. If I’m correct then I don’t think she would have left for work without her ID. Jogging perhaps, but not work. Sorry if I’m wrong.

It has been said she NEVER jogs after dark, and literally cannot see without her glasses/contacts... and she is in possession of neither. I'm the exact same way; I would never ever willingly leave my house without my glasses on because I'd be blind as a dang bat. So that is #1 cause for concern in my opinion.

The fact Mollie's glasses/contacts are at the house scares the carp out of me, not a good sign at all. It doesn't really jive with the missing red shirt? She was dressed for work, but didn't have her glasses/contacts on?

It has been said she NEVER jogs after dark, and literally cannot see without her glasses/contacts... and she is in possession of neither. I'm the exact same way; I would never ever willingly leave my house without my glasses on because I'd be blind as a dang bat. So that is #1 cause for concern in my opinion.

Mine too.

The fact Mollie's glasses/contacts are at the house scares the carp out of me, not a good sign at all. It doesn't really jive with the missing red shirt? She was dressed for work, but didn't have her glasses/contacts on?

It is not a good sign at all. Whatever happened it did quickly and Mollie never got the chance to grab her glasses.

Someone grabbed her before she had a chance to put on her glasses. She may have slept in her red work shirt.

I wonder if the abductor, not Mollie, grabbed her phone. She likely sleeps with her Fitbit on her arm as it has sleep measures.

Reading through everything. So her brother dropped her off at her bf house about 5:30. But they share a car. So there must have been a tentative plan for the following day? If he texted her asking if she needed a ride, then I’m assuming she must have had a possible other plan? If not then he would have just come get her

I keep thinking about about the fact that the search was called off and LE is “pursuing other leads.” That seems to indicate that they have reason to believe Mollie isn’t in the area anymore, perhaps as the result of an abduction, OR that her disappearance was voluntary.

Maybe they have the FitBit data already?

Also, the boyfriend said she may have her phone. We’ve heard that her ID and contacts were left behind, but what about purse and keys?

I keep thinking about about the fact that the search was called off and LE is “pursuing other leads.” That seems to indicate that they have reason to believe Mollie isn’t in the area anymore, perhaps as the result of an abduction, OR that her disappearance was voluntary.

Maybe they have the FitBit data already?

Also, the boyfriend said she may have her phone. We’ve heard that her ID and contacts were left behind, but what about purse and keys?

I also wondered about the front door being locked and where Mollie’s scent stopped if dogs were brought into search. I just hope they have stopped all the rubbish collections in the neighbourhood and searched people’s garbage for evidence.

Reading through everything. So her brother dropped her off at her bf house about 5:30. But they share a car. So there must have been a tentative plan for the following day? If he texted her asking if she needed a ride, then I’m assuming she must have had a possible other plan? If not then he would have just come get her

My thought regarding the text from her brother is, he expected to hear from her the night before? Why wait until 5:30 or 6:00 AM that morning to confirm she needed a ride? That speaks to the possibility she was abducted soon after she sent the snapchat to bf at 10:00 PM. It's being said she did not open any sc's after she sent her's to the bf. I still have not seen whether this is a house or apartment, anyone else?

I also wondered about the front door being locked and where Mollie’s scent stopped if dogs were brought into search. I just hope they have stopped all the rubbish collections in the neighbourhood and searched people’s garbage for evidence.
Yeah I also thought maybe bodies of water like lakes or ponds, but I don’t know anything about Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966