Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, one other thing that caught my attention, the body/skeleton that was found (a couple weeks ago?) was without a shirt, it may not mean anything but since MC had been wearing a DFD shirt when last seen, it seems sort of salient (that his killer might try to hide the victim's identity for as long as possible). Just thinking out loud.
Where was the body found, or would you possibly have a link for that, I’m still behind trying to catch up. TIA

I think the 'slow ride to suicide bridge' was a "look over here! look over here!" distraction for whatever reason he may have had, no one with his years of investigative experience could work out the timeline and not realize a 70 year old man would have had to bike nearly 20 miles and jump during near-rush hour traffic. 2.5 mph, 4.2, 4.5, what difference does it make when it sounds to be made up of whole cloth.

I think it was Klein that said the water near the bridge is the last place he'd look for him after that. In Texas, 'hill country' is generally between San Antonio and Austin but Klein said 'up in the hill country' so possibly he was referring to north of Dallas/Oklahoma?
Didn’t MC also have bad knees? Bicycling seems unlikely.

Welcome to new arrivals. Michael Chambers and those who love & respect him sure do need a big break. It's time for Papaw to come home.

I see absolutely nothing to make me think Papaw killed himself. If his body were found in a situation that suggests suicide took place, I would be looking for the conniving people who staged the situation to look like suicide. I find the idea that he took off to make a fresh start ludicrous. This man thought the world of his grandchildren & children and wouldn't abandon them.

I believe Michael Chambers was killed during an altercation . His murderer(s), no doubt , think they've gotten off without a hitch in their giddy-up.

Sooner or later someone is going to slip up.

I believe the motive(s) could be (1) Michael threatened to divorce his wife. BC was afraid of lawyers, loss of reputation , and loss of the lifestyle to which she'd become accustomed, her lovers would be exposed in court and lose their own reputation(s), job, political clout. Someone, afraid of BC spilling the beans of their affair, approached Michael Chambers tried to appeal for mercy on their own behalf (stop your talk of divorce or I'm going to wind up in court with you two) An altercation resulting in Michael's murder took place.
(2) Michael cut off someone(?) financially and they pitched a fit, resulting in violent altercation , then Michael's death.

The 4mph phone disposal situation is just bizarre. Someone's vehicle broke down and they walked with Michael's phone in their pocket? Someone tossed the phone out a window and it wound up on a construction vehicle? It was placed in the trash and carried by garbage truck?

Anyhow, these are my theories and my opinions only.

Justice for Michael Chambers!

If there was foul play, I picture something happening similar to your #1 scenario, Hazelnutty. I do still believe MC's phone was in his pocket until it went dead. That phone traveling as it did just doesn't really fit in with any of my scenarios, though.

Granted, MC was a wonderful family man and it would seem ludicrous that he would ever consider walking away or suicide. There obviously is more info that's known we can't access, so I won't ever say "never." I keep thinking that MC loved BC with everything he had, for many years. Even close family or friends might not have been able to see some of the things that were inside MC's mind.

I think the 'slow ride to suicide bridge' was a "look over here! look over here!" distraction for whatever reason he may have had, no one with his years of investigative experience could work out the timeline and not realize a 70 year old man would have had to bike nearly 20 miles and jump during near-rush hour traffic. 2.5 mph, 4.2, 4.5, what difference does it make when it sounds to be made up of whole cloth.

I think it was Klein that said the water near the bridge is the last place he'd look for him after that. In Texas, 'hill country' is generally between San Antonio and Austin but Klein said 'up in the hill country' so possibly he was referring to north of Dallas/Oklahoma?
I'm not sure the speed was made up, after Klein confirmed the speed in Brainscratch. The bike yes. Distraction or perhaps a bit of truth to speak to the perps to let them know something or maybe to make them think they are way off.
I believe Klein meant the OK when he said "up in the hills".

I'm not sure the speed was made up, after Klein confirmed the speed in Brainscratch. The bike yes. Distraction or perhaps a bit of truth to speak to the perps to let them know something or maybe to make them think they are way off.
I believe Klein meant the OK when he said "up in the hills".

I get your point oc, mostly I was referring to the entire bicycle ride to jump off a low bridge theory, that sounds fanciful to say the least, esp. considering where it's coming from. But if they could determine the speed the phone was traveling with accuracy, I guess the early statement that it only bounced/pinged off two towers and therefore couldn't be triangulated were quite wrong. Or intentionally misleading, who knows.

I wish Klein would give an update on his progress.

I get your point oc, mostly I was referring to the entire bicycle ride to jump off a low bridge theory, that sounds fanciful to say the least, esp. considering where it's coming from. But if they could determine the speed the phone was traveling with accuracy, I guess the early statement that it only bounced/pinged off two towers and therefore couldn't be triangulated were quite wrong. Or intentionally misleading, who knows.

I wish Klein would give an update on his progress.
For sure the entire bike ride is silly. But I tend to believe the speed.
I felt that the pinging they tried that night was limited because of their ability. That may have been the first of their incompetencies, being unable to ping certain towers that could have provided help that night. I think the phone expert used tower dumps and perhaps they were able to get his phone communicating with a different tower than those HCSO were able to ping. Just my thoughts.

For sure the entire bike ride is silly. But I tend to believe the speed.
I felt that the pinging they tried that night was limited because of their ability. That may have been the first of their incompetencies, being unable to ping certain towers that could have provided help that night. I think the phone expert used tower dumps and perhaps they were able to get his phone communicating with a different tower than those HCSO were able to ping. Just my thoughts.

And good logical thoughts they are. :) Maybe it's because I just became acquainted with this case but I'm feeling impatient, I want something from Klein, and to know who it was that was found in Gun Barrel City (that missing shirt really piqued my interest), maybe one of the VIs to make a return visit, something, anything...

And good logical thoughts they are. :) Maybe it's because I just became acquainted with this case but I'm feeling impatient, I want something from Klein, and to know who it was that was found in Gun Barrel City (that missing shirt really piqued my interest), maybe one of the VIs to make a return visit, something, anything...
When I read the article about the remains in Gun Barrel City, it sounded to me they thought that person might have been there for something like a few months- at least, it was less than a year, so I kind of forgot about it. That sounds very callous:( That person was a living human being who had some family, somewhere, and I pray they identify those remains ASAP.

When I read the article about the remains in Gun Barrel City, it sounded to me they thought that person might have been there for something like a few months- at least, it was less than a year, so I kind of forgot about it. That sounds very callous:( That person was a living human being who had some family, somewhere, and I pray they identify those remains ASAP.
It did sound like the remains had been there for months. And if some people who have spoken out are right and MC's remains were moved then it's still possible those remains found in GBC are his. Until we hear otherwise it seems possible to me anyway, don't want to be graphic but when the body was in the early stages and no one noticed even though near that lot is mowed regularly.

I think I recall Pmerle said she the lip but she also thought the eye looked puffy as well.
Yes. She said she thought his eye was puffy but he was wearing work goggles so it was hard to tell. The pics I have show him with the goggles on and with them off. There is no swollen eye. It’s an obvious bee sting. His lip isn’t busted. Just swollen/fat.

Yes. She said she thought his eye was puffy but he was wearing work goggles so it was hard to tell. The pics I have show him with the goggles on and with them off. There is no swollen eye. It’s an obvious bee sting. His lip isn’t busted. Just swollen/fat.

I saw the pics too and I was just going to add that he has those type of eyes that kinda have permanent bags under them, does that make sense? His eyes are small and the area underneath them is a little puffy. It could be that he was tired but they might just be that way. A good friend of mine has small eyes and bags under her eyes no matter how rested she is. She has said that over the years several people have asked if they’re swolleno_O

Is it odd that BC did things which looked like she was pointing the finger at her son, telling family that she wondered if he did something, calling him to find out, and at the same time showing a text that shows him at work? It focused the early part of the investigation on him with 2 polygraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member