Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post lands randomly...
I am seeing many posts sleuthing the family’s and boyfriend’s social media. This is against TOS. I am having technical issues with the forum right now and may not be able to get to some. Be mindful of the following rules while posting:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/social-media-facebook-twitter-etc.291123/#post-12080508

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.
Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Capturing what is covered in the video on this page: Mollie Tibbett's boyfriend confident she will be found

SA = Stephanie Angleson
AS = Angelina Salcedo
DJ = Dalton Jack

SA: This is Mollie Tibbetts. The University of Iowa student has been missing since she went for a run last Wednesday. Here's where she was last seen. Mollie is from Brooklyn, that's about an hour from Des Moines. Around 5:30 Wednesday night Mollie went for a run. That's the last time she was seen. Around 7pm she sent a text, and then at 10pm she sent her boyfriend Dalton a Snapchat. In tonight's big story, local 5's Angelina Salcedo joins us now after that emotional conversation with Dalton.
AS: Well Dalton was working in Dubuque when Mollie went missing last Wednesday. He says he never noticed anything was wrong until family and friends started calling him late thursday afternoon. But just like everyone else, he says he doesn't know where Mollie could be and is just hoping she'll come home soon.
DJ: This is not like her.
AS: Dalton Jack is living in a nightmare.
DJ: I figured y'know I'd speak to her in an hour or so.
AS: And right now it's one he can't wake up from.
DJ: I came home as soon as her mom said that she called the hospital and she wasn't there.
AS: The last time the 20 year old saw Mollie was on Wednesday at 10pm when he opened a Snapchat from her.
DJ: It was just a selfie with a caption and I don't remember what the caption said but it looked like she was inside.
AS: He never thought he wouldn't hear from her again. When he texted her early Thursday morning, he didn't notice the message hadn't been read until her friend called late that afternoon.
DJ: One of her coworkers called me and said Mollie had not called in to work that day and she hadn't shown up, and then i looked at the messages and she hadnt opened or read any of them so I started getting in contact with her friends and her family saying hey have you seen her, have you heard from her. And everybody came up with the same thing: no, I haven't seen her since yesterday.
AS: Dalton says the 3 years the two have been together they've been inseparable.
DJ: She's so sweet, I've never seen her be angry or mean to anybody in the almost 3 years that we've been dating.
AS: To not know where she is is unsettling, and he's gone numb.
DJ: If this is her running off, this is just, nobody would have seen it coming. Nobody, nobody in the world, not her family, not me. Nobody would have ever guessed that she would just take off and not tell anybody.
AS: While law enforcement continue to search for her, there's just one thing he wants Mollie to know:
DJ: I miss you so much and I love you.
AS: Now Dalton says he has been texting Mollie while everyone has been looking for her. None of the messages have been read. He says despite all this he's staying positive and hopeful. He knows Mollie will come home soon.

Wow. Im more confused than ever now.

I read back and now there are 3 total brothers and not just 2 that work out of town. And where is the fiance of one of the brothers? No word on where she was.

I think I get the BF part but confused about snapchat. I dont use snapchat so havent a clue how it works. How did he know she hasnt viewed his message he sent to her that morning? Does it stay in snapchat until recipient views it?

Im basing this off of the article that is supposed to clear things up. LOL

How did he know she did not show up for work? Maybe someone from her work must have called him. But why would her work call him? Maybe she told work that he is the contact person for anything.

If all that is accurate then he would have contacted other family and friends that same morning which is what may have happened.

I think Im back to how was she supposed to get a ride to work and why wasnt the car arrangements made the night before.
Its all so confusing and complicated but some of it is starting to make a little more sense. LOL

"I was the one who threw red flags," said Jack.

"Dalton said she was dog-sitting here at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames. That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong."

"She hadn't called in, said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning and she hadn't looked at it so I got ahold of her friends and family."

Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case
Yes with Snapchat it shows if someone actually saw or opened your message whether a pic, a video or text.

Hatfield,

I read back and now there are 3 total brothers and not just 2 that work out of town. And where is the fiance of one of the brothers? No word on where she was.

I think I get the BF part but confused about snapchat. I dont use snapchat so havent a clue how it works. How did he know she hasnt viewed his message he sent to her that morning? Does it stay in snapchat until recipient views it?

How did he know she did not show up for work? Maybe someone from her work must have called him. But why would her work call him? Maybe she told work that he is the contact person for anything.

If all that is accurate then he would have contacted other family and friends that same morning which is what may have happened.

I think Im back to how was she supposed to get a ride to work and why wasnt the car arrangements made the night before.
Its all so confusing and complicated but some of it is starting to make a little more sense. LOL

"Dalton said she was dog-sitting here at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames. That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong."

"She hadn't called in, said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning and she hadn't looked at it so I got ahold of her friends and family."

i believe he “texted” her Thursday AM, not snap, and when he got the call she wasn’t at work, he saw that the text wasn’t “read” at least that’s what i think after all the confusing articles that are supposed to be clarifications lol

Hatfield,

i believe he “texted” her Thursday AM, not snap, and when he got the call she wasn’t at work, he saw that the text wasn’t “read” at least that’s what i think after all the confusing articles that are supposed to be clarifications lol

Wait, so he wasn't with his brothers??? I thought he was with his brothers and one of his brother's fiance. Who knows anymore what to believe!

Dalton said she was dog-sitting here at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames. That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong.

My spidey senses are zinging, just a lil bit. So who was with him in Dubugue?

Capturing what is covered in the video on this page: Mollie Tibbett's boyfriend confident she will be found

SA = Stephanie Angleson
AS = Angelina Salcedo
DJ = Dalton Jack

SA: This is Mollie Tibbetts. The University of Iowa student has been missing since she went for a run last Wednesday. Here's where she was last seen. Mollie is from Brooklyn, that's about an hour from Des Moines. Around 5:30 Wednesday night Mollie went for a run. That's the last time she was seen. Around 7pm she sent a text, and then at 10pm she sent her boyfriend Dalton a Snapchat. In tonight's big story, local 5's Angelina Salcedo joins us now after that emotional conversation with Dalton.
AS: Well Dalton was working in Dubuque when Mollie went missing last Wednesday. He says he never noticed anything was wrong until family and friends started calling him late thursday afternoon. But just like everyone else, he says he doesn't know where Mollie could be and is just hoping she'll come home soon.
DJ: This is not like her.
AS: Dalton Jack is living in a nightmare.
DJ: I figured y'know I'd speak to her in an hour or so.
AS: And right now it's one he can't wake up from.
DJ: I came home as soon as her mom said that she called the hospital and she wasn't there.
AS: The last time the 20 year old saw Mollie was on Wednesday at 10pm when he opened a Snapchat from her.
DJ: It was just a selfie with a caption and I don't remember what the caption said but it looked like she was inside.
AS: He never thought he wouldn't hear from her again. When he texted her early Thursday morning, he didn't notice the message hadn't been read until her friend called late that afternoon.
DJ: One of her coworkers called me and said Mollie had not called in to work that day and she hadn't shown up, and then i looked at the messages and she hadnt opened or read any of them so I started getting in contact with her friends and her family saying hey have you seen her, have you heard from her. And everybody came up with the same thing: no, I haven't seen her since yesterday.
AS: Dalton says the 3 years the two have been together they've been inseparable.
DJ: She's so sweet, I've never seen her be angry or mean to anybody in the almost 3 years that we've been dating.
AS: To not know where she is is unsettling, and he's gone numb.
DJ: If this is her running off, this is just, nobody would have seen it coming. Nobody, nobody in the world, not her family, not me. Nobody would have ever guessed that she would just take off and not tell anybody.
AS: While law enforcement continue to search for her, there's just one thing he wants Mollie to know:
DJ: I miss you so much and I love you.
AS: Now Dalton says he has been texting Mollie while everyone has been looking for her. None of the messages have been read. He says despite all this he's staying positive and hopeful. He knows Mollie will come home soon.

This is so sad! Why in the world hasn’t a family member spoken with the media? Seems weird that they aren’t sending any messages like “come home, we love you” or “just drop her off safe somewhere if you took her”. Not her mom. Not her dad. No press conference. Just bizarre. :(

Last eyeball sighting was neighbor who saw her jogging around dinnertime?
BF was alone in Dubuque

If Mollie sent him a goodnite snap, why didn't he send her one back? Why didn't he say goodnight too?
Snapchats disappear so I guess we are having to go on BF word until LE confirms in presser

This "Jarrett" guy who she worked with "connected" with her and at the end of the video on the news they show a pic of her sitting next to him with her head on his shoulder?

To much weird stuff going on now for me.

It sounds like others have their questions for her boyfriend...

Also, they got a search warrant for the home. Does that mean that Dalton's brother said no them searching without one?

Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé.

“I don't know if anything I say will get that out of people's minds, but I had nothing to do with it,” Jack said.

This "Jarrett" guy who she worked with "connected" with her and at the end of the video on the news they show a pic of her sitting next to him with her head on his shoulder?

To much weird stuff going on now for me.

I noticed that as well but maybe he isn't interested in her that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23