Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps local LE has discouraged the family from saying anything like “come home” and in their fog, the family is listening to them?

Why would they discourage that? Genuine question, I'm curious about the behind the scenes and how LE handles these things (I'm sure it is case by case, but on a general level)

It sounds like others have their questions for her boyfriend...

Also, they got a search warrant for the home. Does that mean that Dalton's brother said no them searching without one?

Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé.

“I don't know if anything I say will get that out of people's minds, but I had nothing to do with it,” Jack said.

I noticed that as well but maybe he isn't interested in her that way?
Could be sloppy reporting but DJ should know she wasn’t in her running clothes?
I find it interesting the FBI had to get a SW to search the home? Why wouldn’t the family just give permission?

Chloe Dugas, who also works with Tibbetts, said she fears the worst for Tibbetts.

According to Dugas, Tibbetts had a trip to the Dominican Republic and had a party planned for the Friday following her disappearance.

“It was her idea to plan it on Friday afternoon, right after work,” Dugas said. “It was one of the other co-worker’s birthdays, so we were going to get a cake.”

Family, co-workers fear for ‘bubbly, cheerful’ teen who vanished

I guess this explains what her Mom said about Mollie asking her to pick up ingredients to make a dessert. Poppy and I were debating what this meant this earlier today.

Hatfield,

i believe he “texted” her Thursday AM, not snap, and when he got the call she wasn’t at work, he saw that the text wasn’t “read” at least that’s what i think after all the confusing articles that are supposed to be clarifications lol

I agree. I’m not an expert in SnapChat, but I do have an account primarily so I could view photos my son was posting during his recent trip to Japan. Snaps (photos) are posted to your “story” (similar to an Instagram feed) or shared directly with friends. “Chats” are personal messages within the app. Since he used the term “text,” I’m thinking he sent her a traditional text message via cell phone.

* On Snapchat, you can add filters, stickers, emojis, or text. My guess is she took a cute selfie, typed a caption (which he cannot recall). Note: I’m not a Snapchat expert. I only have two Snapchat friends and one is my 21 yr old son.

It sounds like others have their questions for her boyfriend...

Also, they got a search warrant for the home. Does that mean that Dalton's brother said no them searching without one?

Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé.

“I don't know if anything I say will get that out of people's minds, but I had nothing to do with it,” Jack said.

I noticed that as well but maybe he isn't interested in her that way?
No, having a search warrant does NOT mean Dalton's brother said no.
Law enforcement gets a search warrant to "legitimize" evidence that is collected. There's no way to dispute evidence was taken legally when a search warrant is in place.

Do you cross the proverbial line of privacy by having LE make a plea for people to report anyone they know who failed to show up for work that day -- aside from poor Mollie?

I am normally dead set against turning in your friends and neighbors just because they were an unexpected no-show that day?

But given the desperate situation I would hope you could trust the public to be judicious about who they called about.

For example, if you work with some young 'loner type' male who showed up the day after he missed work with no sign of having been sick but had unexplained scratches on his forearm or hands.

These are the types (of young males) I would report. Not the 50-year-old woman who sings in the church choir.

I recall when holly bobo went missing I thought the parents reactions to the public were a little weird. I didn't suspect them but thought they knew more than the public knew. I get that feeling here too.
Other feelings that I had about the holly bobo case seem similar to this as well. Pretty girl, approx. same age, boyfriend, brother......gone from the home.....no sign of forced entry.....just someone watching and waiting.

Last eyeball sighting was neighbor who saw her jogging around dinnertime?
BF was alone in Dubuque

If Mollie sent him a goodnite snap, why didn't he send her one back? Why didn't he say goodnight too?
Snapchats disappear so I guess we are having to go on BF word until LE confirms in presser

This "Jarrett" guy who she worked with "connected" with her and at the end of the video on the news they show a pic of her sitting next to him with her head on his shoulder?

To much weird stuff going on now for me.

BBM This threw me a bit, too. I mean, I know every relationship is different and maybe he did respond and we just haven't heard that, but the length of time between communication seems odd to me (given that he did not receive a response to his morning text). Especially for the younger generation. Not saying there's anything to it, but it does seem odd to me.

This seems like this case might be out of tge sheriffs league

I don’t know.... the FBI descended on Evansdale and immediately locked everything down when Lyric and Elizabeth went missing. They ensured that absolutely nothing was shared with the public. I tend to wonder, maybe it’s better if local LE is left to their own devices?

BBM This threw me a bit, too. I mean, I know every relationship is different and maybe he did respond and we just haven't heard that, but the length of time between communication seems odd to me (given that he did not receive a response to his morning text). Especially for the younger generation. Not saying there's anything to it, but it does seem odd to me.
“Perhaps” she sent the good night snap at, say, 9 and he knew by 10, when he opened it, she was asleep? And texted her in the AM but got busy with work and had t checked his phone, but knew she had that field trip, so wouldn’t communicate with her until that evening? Possible, but I’m starting to get uneasy about this.

I find it interesting the FBI had to get a SW to search the home? Why wouldn’t the family just give permission?
LE usually gets a search warrant. Although the owner of the property may consent to a search of the house, having a search warrant specifies that the house includes rooms, closets, attics, basements, garages, sheds, and etc... Evidence taken can't be disputed. Verbal consent to search the house could cause some evidence found in in a garage to not be accepted in court.

I couldn't open the 2nd article but that's pretty interesting in the 1st article that they are saying to be on the lookout for her in Utah as she has family there. Do they think she ran away? Or are they just throwing that out there as an option?

I wonder if they found anything on her computer?? Would they be done with that by now?

I recall when holly bobo went missing I thought the parents reactions to the public were a little weird. I didn't suspect them but thought they knew more than the public knew. I get that feeling here too.
Other feelings that I had about the holly bobo case seem similar to this as well. Pretty girl, approx. same age, boyfriend, brother......gone from the home.....no sign of forced entry.....just someone watching and waiting.

This is 4 months into the search for Holly but they're on the Today Show asking for help from locals, did anyone see anything- also asking for help from President Obama- to send more help. I watched the trial and it was a true nightmare and heartbreaking. I wonder if Mollie's family couldn't do the same.

Holly Bobo's mom makes plea to Obama for help

That was my initial thought as well. However, there has been speculation she was to start work at 6:30 the next morning (since that is when daycare opened) and they were to be going on fair outing the next day. I would guess the BF would know that (and being at a fair with little kids all day, he may not have expected to hear from her. And if he was out of town for construction on Thursday, he could have been very busy and distracted with that)?

BBM- I think LE was given permission to search the home, and they did early on. However, a search warrant guarantees that evidence collected cannot be called into question later. I'm sure the FBI insisted on the warrant once they became involved.

That was my initial thought as well. However, there has been speculation she was to start work at 6:30 the next morning (since that is when daycare opened) and they were to be going on fair outing the next day. I would guess the BF would know that (and being at a fair with little kids all day, he may not have expected to hear from her. And if he was out of town for construction on Thursday, he could have been very busy and distracted with that)?
Construction workers often start early in the morning and work hard physically thru out the day. They are tired after a hard days work and often go down early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj