Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
She probably has so many ppl on her contact Snapchat list that she communicates with. Since he doesn’t get on that much, his name was probably at the bottom. Maybe that’s why I’m thinking she was trying to move him to the top of the list because it’s more convenient to send him messages when his name is right there when she opens the app.

I don't buy the story that he isn't into social media. I also find his story about being in Dubuque working construction hard to believe.

I'm not seeing anything at all suspicious or sinister about Mollie's social media use - not her retweets, not her Instagram or VSCO posts, not her Snapchat use. I'm a high school teacher and all of that is 100% in line with most of my students' social media use. The fact that she was trying to move her boyfriend back to the top of her list on Snapchat is pretty logical to me. She was living with him, his brother, and his brother's fiancee, whereas her friends from college were scattered about for the summer, so it makes perfect sense that Mollie would be Snapchatting her "away" friends more often than a person she lives with. Your Snapchat "best friends" list shows the people you've Snapchatted with the most recently, so if she'd been talking with friends more than him, he automatically would have dropped down. I know that often the boyfriend/partner is guilty in these kinds of cases, but I'd be completely astonished if her boyfriend had anything to do with Mollie's disappearance.

Yk what else is bugging me? That her bf doesn't remember what the caption was...on the SC she sent him- the one he opened at 10 pm. I wonder if it was something about her being upset or him being upset, etc. Maybe it was simply good night but if it was...wouldn't he remember that and say it in interviews- instead of "I don't remember what the caption was". Dude, it was the last time you heard from your girlfriend. You can't remember?

She probably has so many ppl on her contact Snapchat list that she communicates with. Since he doesn’t get on that much, his name was probably at the bottom. Maybe that’s why I’m thinking she was trying to move him to the top of the list because it’s more convenient to send him messages when his name is right there when she opens the app.

I'm wondering if Dayton Jack (her boyfriend) was interested in another woman. Moving him to the top of the list might be a subtle "hands off, he's mine!" message to other female(s) who had designs on him.

I'm not seeing anything at all suspicious or sinister about Mollie's social media use - not her retweets, not her Instagram or VSCO posts, not her Snapchat use. I'm a high school teacher and all of that is 100% in line with most of my students' social media use. The fact that she was trying to move her boyfriend back to the top of her list on Snapchat is pretty logical to me. She was living with him, his brother, and his brother's fiancee, whereas her friends from college were scattered about for the summer, so it makes perfect sense that Mollie would be Snapchatting her "away" friends more often than a person she lives with. Your Snapchat "best friends" list shows the people you've Snapchatted with the most recently, so if she'd been talking with friends more than him, he automatically would have dropped down. I know that often the boyfriend/partner is guilty in these kinds of cases, but I'd be completely astonished if her boyfriend had anything to do with Mollie's disappearance.

Right but for whose benefit was it important to have him at the top of the "best friends" list?

Was she worried he would freak out if he was the type to look at her phone?

Can other snapchat users see other peoples "best friend" lists?

If this was a random abduction and the police were thinking it was a random abduction- wouldn't they have reminded/let everyone know to be concerned- lock your door, be aware of your surroundings, etc?

I kinda think they would. Do you?

If they thought it was someone she knew, which no threat to the public, then there is no need to alert the public. They haven't alerted the public.

Yk what else is bugging me? That her bf doesn't remember what the caption was...on the SC she sent him- the one he opened at 10 pm. I wonder if it was something about her being upset or him being upset, etc. Maybe it was simply good night but if it was...wouldn't he remember that and say it in interviews- instead of "I don't remember what the caption was". Dude, it was the last time you heard from your girlfriend. You can't remember?
He wouldn't have had a reason to remember exact details of her Snapchat at the time he opened it - he didn't know she'd be missing the next day. A friend Snapchatted me around 11 last night. If someone asked me tonight to recall the details of where that friend was, what they were wearing, what words they specifically used, I wouldn't be able to give any specific details because I didn't have a reason last night to analyze it in detail.

Yk what else is bugging me? That her bf doesn't remember what the caption was...on the SC she sent him- the one he opened at 10 pm. I wonder if it was something about her being upset or him being upset, etc. Maybe it was simply good night but if it was...wouldn't he remember that and say it in interviews- instead of "I don't remember what the caption was". Dude, it was the last time you heard from your girlfriend. You can't remember?[/QUOTE/]

But if he didn't realize it was the last message he would get from her, he may not have paid much attention. She may have just sent a silly message or something as opposed to "goodnight" or "miss you." Nothing necessarily memorable. May have only glanced at the caption, more focused on the picture.

I also don't see anything weird about her trying to get him to the top of her list, especially if she was open and talking about it to others. I tease my husband sometimes because he is always having to send and receive messages for work. So then he sends me a whole slew of random messages to get me back to the top of his list.

I'm wondering if Dayton Jack (her boyfriend) was interested in another woman. Moving him to the top of the list might be a subtle "hands off, he's mine!" message to other female(s) who had designs on him.

No one else can see who are your favourites so that’s not why.

Honestly lookig way too deep into the SC thing. People have streaks etc and like another poster said it’s easier to message someone when they are at the top. You can see the last like ten to fifteen people so it’s not liking bumping him can hide others.

I agree though the bfs statement about not remembering the caption is just weird. Even if he doesn’t remember that’s just a strange thing to comment on.

Yea I dont understand that either. What purpose would that serve? What does it matter to have someone at the top?

Something about that seems strange.

Maybe she believed that he should be showing at the top because he is her boyfriend? Like it would look odd if he was not her main Snapchat contact? Idk just speculating.

Yea I dont understand that either. What purpose would that serve? What does it matter to have someone at the top?

Something about that seems strange.

I don't know much about Snapchat. Is that just a kid thing? Wanting the boyfriend to appear at the top? Or just a convenience factor?

Kids can be weird about what they think is important. She's a kid to me at 20!

Boy. He may say he's holding out hope but his use of past tense indicates otherwise.

It makes me feel again that the family suspects or knows more than we do and it's not great. Hope I'm wrong.

He wouldn't have had a reason to remember exact details of her Snapchat at the time he opened it - he didn't know she'd be missing the next day. A friend Snapchatted me around 11 last night. If someone asked me tonight to recall the details of where that friend was, what they were wearing, what words they specifically used, I wouldn't be able to give any specific details because I didn't have a reason last night to analyze it in detail.

I thought caption was usually short. Can you send a long message in a caption? I mean, caption means brief explanation or a title...So when I think of him saying "I can't remember the caption", then it wasn't a simple Good night...bc that would be easy to remember so why say you can't remember? Is it something he doesn't want to share, so he says he can't remember?

If your friend sc you last night "good night" wouldn't that be simple enough to remember today?

I need to take a break from this thread because the speculation is getting to be a bit much for me on this case for some reason. Just hoping and praying Mollie is found safe, even though my gut instincts say that's very unlikely. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

I agree, seems like the simplest explanation is usually the answer in cases like this about 90 percent of the time. Of course we hear more about the random abductions bc they are so rare, but many times it is somebody that is close to the victim. I am dreading that this won't have good outcome. It definately isn't an abduction of a young woman out for a jog like we were originally lead to believe. I'm also wondering who led people to believe that her jogging was her last known werabouts when certain people knew that they had communicated with her after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288