Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be right 'Fluffykins', could this be the start of ploy by the defence to plead for an accidental death. So far I don't think there is anything in the evidence to suggest that it was premeditated. It only seems the cover up to conceal the crime is so suss.

You don't think the motive, of money, insurance, super, Karen's inheritance, can be a premeditated action for murder!

Why do we assume it all happened after SR left to school? Does police entertain a possibility it happened while SR was still in the house and maybe she was involved or witnessed it.

The problem will be to convince a jury that it was BR and not SR as it could have easily been her even though he lies and his stories are inconsistent it doesn't not make him guilty, maybe covering for his daughter after accidental death.

It may not have been accidental, in either case.

Between 2011 -2016 the average sentence for murder in Victoria was 19 years 1 month. The average sentence for manslaughter ranged from 6 years 11 months to 8 years 11 months.

source: Sentencing Advisory Council Victoria.
IMO the leniency of manslaughter convictions put so much more pressure on prosecution to prove murder. How could one take an innocent life so casually, and without remorse afterwards, and do so much to cover up, get away with just a few years even if convicted with manslaughter? It just isn't right.

my version of bumping up the 3AW screen grabs sleepinoz kindly found March 2017

soso raised the very question i've been thinking - apart from SR and BR who really did see or speak to Karen last (including cctv...) and when was that?

View attachment 139687
View attachment 139688

Doesn't this indicate, Sarah is at home during the fight!:eek:
If she is inferring, that her father had stated this, would BR use the word 'ballistic'? o_O

Hi All.
I have not posted in a while but have read every post and want to say thank you to all who are keeping us informed with the hearing details and everyone for your thoughts and input.

I just had/have a few thoughts and are all IMOO.

I hope this goes to trial for murder. BR has way too many inconsistencies in his stories and the coincidences are far too many. SR I think was a very immature and unreliable witness on the stand. I am not sure what to make of her bahaviour/ words etc since her mother went missing and was subsequently found deceased. If she truly believes it was not her father who murdered her mum, then who does she think did it? Unless of course she knows who that person is. Is it possible she had witnessed the whole thing and to her it appeared to be an accident and has since suffered a type of stokholm syndrome/ PTSD to believe BR is innocent. Or was she herself directly involved and BR is covering up fof her. I just see how a logical person would otherwise think BR is innocent given All the coincidences and inconsistencies that have come to light.

BR's actions and attitude since KR disappeared initially and then the discovery of her body did not portray a worried/ grieving husband intent on finding out who did this. He came across more angry (at KR) in a way, like it was a bother or inconvenience. Plus his initial actions gave the implication he knew (well now it is alleged he knew) that she was deceased. It is either him being smug and hoping he gets away with it or him accepting to take the fall for someone else and still hoping to get away with it.

AR disappeared off the radar after all his continuous cryptic rants. I sometimes wonder if those rants had any depth to them. He had a hate towards BR. I guess either because he knew/suspected what he had done to KR or because somehow BR had implicated him in the whole thing. Remember the podcast a friend of his did saying that they knew what happened... maybe BR had involved AR and once KR was found and things started coming to light he (AR) got angry at BR for implicating him and then subsequently getting caught. Is it Diggers Rest where he lives? If so I find the phone pings there interesting. Is AR now being held in jail? Could the cops have used this arrest of his as a way to keep him under supervision not to do anything silly or dangerous or damaging to the case.

With regards to VR- I believe he is involved to some degree... either as an accessory or BR confided in him as to what happened. The report of the Merc and a 4WD always comes to mind.

Lastly I remember reading that the police saying the house was where they allege BR killed or 'incapacitated' KR. Does this mean she could have been placed in the car unconscious as opposed to deceased and then killed elsewhere?

Apologies for the loong post :)
And again the above is IMO MOO.

Great post.
I agree with many of your points.

One of Borce's big problems, ( among so many, some of which are insurmountable ) is his sworn claim and signed deposition, that he saw Karen leave the house with the words, ' I'm off to clear my head'.. and clutching the mysterious $850 he gave her.

And this story he , and Sarah have stuck to, thru thick and thin, months of speculation, investigation, suspicion, determination and finally charged and the arrest for murder.

And if he claims her death was accidental, then he is up for the transportation and hidden burial

Further more, Borce is plonking around thru all this legal embroidery on the public bosom. Whatever his Legal Aid solicitors and barristers put to the court is all under the broad shoulders of publicly paid representation, and they are obliged to try everything to get their man the best of legal argument. Hence the ploy for a downgrade of charge to manslaughter.

There is precedence of people being found guilty of murder without a body ever being found, one that springs to mind is Paul Wilkinson, Bradley Murdoch, and so on. Keli Lane.. it isn't an impossible wall for the prosecution to barrel on thru, the fact that the mechanics of Karen's death cannot be ascertained.

The prosecutor will argue, and correctly, that the inability to name the method used to murder Karen in no way means there was no murder committed.

It's a nice lot of legal filigree, the kind of thing the Supreme Court is equipped for and competent at unravelling.

Last edited:
This is going to sound really repugnant and gross...so I apologise ahead of time

Coming from a rural area. ... I've come across many disturbed dead animal carracasses.... disturbed by other foraging animals...

If all that was disturbed on Karen's remains were her hyiod bones in her neck.....

You would have one very selective animal predator.....extremely unplausable.

Can it be diffinately be ruled out. .. No!!!

But is it in sync with normal animal- retriever.. behaviour to be selective to one small area of a carcass..... no!!!

Good point.
The Prof didn't indicate if the bones were scattered, if other parts were missing also.
Perhaps, to make more of a point, that this particular bone, was not present. This now, has more impact.

An Edit: Defence did not ask the question!!!!!o_O: not wanting the answer, that skeleton was intact!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:
Just bringing Oona's post over from thread 10 - post 550.

"um, and on the Wednesday morning, um, she just went upstairs, um, and then came downstairs and just went out through the garage, ahh, she might have just walked down the street or just to clear her head because that was the last thing she said to me, um, I’m gonna to go and clear my head, um, can’t do it here."

Last edited:
R's plan to cover up and muddy up the water is working fine, this creates a big problem if it goes on trial and jury needs to decide whether defendant is guilty or not.
If SR cant be ruled out then how can jury find BR guilty?
She could have easily done it before she left the house to go to school, after that BR plays sloppy and suspicious role to draw attention on himself, VR kinda does the same with his statements and behaviour.

Ristevski family’s ‘constant struggle’

A FORENSIC accountant says he “has no idea” why Borce Ristevski set up a second company to receive funds from his struggling clothing boutique in the months before his wife went missing.

Gerard Curtin from Victoria Police was tasked with investigating the financial situation of Mr Ristevski, his wife Karen and the couple’s store, Bella Bleu, after Ms Ristevski’s disappeared in June, 2016.

At a committal hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today, Mr Curtin said Bella Bleu “had serious cash flow issues” and could not cover “rent, wages and stock”.

“You’ll see there was a constant struggle,” he told the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho