MI MI - Kevin Graves, 28, Electric Forest Music Festival, Rothbury, 1 Jul 2018

My mother was just telling me about this case. It's somehow slid past my radar even though I'm a Nor Michigander. My thoughts immediately went to the vast amounts of young men that go missing after partying... He fits the age, the body type, etc. Really hoping I'm wrong and that he's just gone somewhere needing to cool off.

I wonder why there isn’t more information re: what the gf knows. She was apparently the last known person to interact with him....
They argued - why, about what? What was his state of mind when he “went back to the tent”?
How long after he left her did she go back to the tent? Did she look for him when he wasn’t there? Was he drunk? Under the influence of any drugs?
How did they get to the festival? If they drove, was the car also missing?

On Monday, a group of about 15 people started a new search for Kevin Graves around 9:30 a.m. at the festival grounds. The only thing they found was a cell phone, which they don’t believe belongs to Graves.

The search will continue Saturday.

The family says Electric Forest organizers have not aided the search and law enforcement hasn't found any sign of him.

Volunteers search for man missing from Electric Forest

wow. says a lot

Or maybe not. What do they expect the organisers to do?

If this festival was anything like those in the UK there would have been a massive clean up required after the event.

This is what happens to all the tents left behind at Glastonbury
Glastonbury clean-up costing £785,000 and lasting six weeks begins as 200,000 festival-goers head home leaving behind mounds of rubbish

However long the clean up took in this case, it would be obvious by the end of it that Kevin was no longer on the site.

For comparison, Sven Blumquist recently went missing from the Blue Heron Music Festival in NY, and the organizers shared the flyer repeatedly on social media and volunteered to help search. This is not the first person who has died or gone missing from EFM, and I am certain they would prefer they not be associated with Kevin's going missing, which is unfortunate because they are in a great position to help.

Search for missing Electric Forest camper a 'recovery' effort

SSAR called for more volunteers on Tuesday to search areas around but not in Double JJ.

Graves' family is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to his return.

It bothers me so much that the venue is not assisting with the search activities. It’s just wrong, IMO.

“Today there are in excess of 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) of ranch property, three large lakes, the Thoroughbred Golf Club (1993), Sundance Saloon & Steakhouse (1996), Back Forty resort for kids and families (1998), and most recently the 60,000-square-foot (5,600 m2) Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark and adjoining condo rental suites (2006).”
Double JJ Resort - Wikipedia

Kevin could very well still be on the property (e.g., he could have fallen into one of the lakes), IMO.

A woman reported that a man matching Graves' description was seen at the San Marco's Mexican Restaurant on East Colby Street about three days after his disappearance. Searchers went to the restaurant, where an employee remembered the barefoot man in dirty tan shorts using the establishment's phone for about a half hour. The first woman reported the man seemed to be under the influence of drugs, and was arguing with someone on the phone. She said the man also had been begging outside the restaurant.

A friend of his from California was staying in the Rodeway Inn adjacent to the San Marcos restaurant. A pair of tan shorts was found outside that hotel. The friend from California is not answering his cell phone, which may be turned off.

The restaurant and hotel are located, is about 10 miles from the site of the music festival..

Missing two months: Family of Highland Township continues searching for him

The Oakland County Sheriff's Department and Michigan State Police are continuing to follow up tips about Kevin Graves whereabouts. Many of the tips are vague.

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that will help them locate Kevin.

The family has a Facebook page, Help Us Find Kevin Graves. Anyone who thinks they have run across Kevin Graves can contact Gary Graves — send a photo of the person to 248-882-4270. Or contact the Oakland County Sheriff's Department at 248-858-4950; Michigan State Police Hart Post at 231-873-2171; or Mason-Oceana Central Dispatch at 231-869-5858.

988_helpusfindkevingravesfacebookpage2.jpeg

Several people close to the case, including police and at least one friend who attended the festival with Graves, believe he is still alive; he just doesn't want to be found.

Over the last couple weeks, Graves' sister received an influx of messages, nearly 100, from people speculating Graves may have joined an insulated religious group known as the Twelve Tribes.

Police, who have received similar tips, say there's no evidence to support that theory.

The fundamentalist Christian faction, deemed by some to be a cult, was formed by leader Elbert Eugene Spriggs in Chattanooga, Tennessee in the 1970s. It now has an estimated 3,000 members living on communes in multiple continents with heavy concentrations in New England and Canada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back