Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search

Officials searching for Mollie Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student who has been missing for a week, say they continue to follow up on every lead they receive.

Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, a state agency investigating the case, said Thursday that there have been "a couple" searches of properties based on tips, but that to his knowledge none of them have required police to secure warrants because property owners have been cooperative.

One of those searches took place Wednesday night in southern Poweshiek County along Iowa Highway 21, but it did not result in anything, he said.

"There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.
This goes along with what SharonNeedles said.
<modsnipped content of facebook comments>

But they didn't eat all of him, which is what SharonNeedles said. I think what we take away from this is that if Mollie had been put in with pigs there would have been traces left to be found but LE found nothing.
For what it’s worth, I’m basing that on two years as a farm manager at a hog confinement. Most of what I thought I knew about hogs turned out to be wrong.

But they didn't eat all of him, which is what SharonNeedles said. I think what we take away from this is that if Mollie had been put in with pigs there would have been traces left to be found but LE found nothing.
I remember watching an episode of criminal minds where the guy was killing people and feeding them to pigs. The guy kept the shoes and the pigs either pooped out or did not eat the jewlery etc..

To the locals,
With an interstate close by, is there ever any sex trafficking activity in the area. I know there was a case near me in a smaller town that I would have never thought of happening around here. Then again, I think most of the ones I've heard of have been much younger victims.

At this point, I sadly think stranger abduction while out jogging (probably by a local). I think its just the lack of any evidence that has me thinking this way. I have a daughter Mollie's age so this hits close to home. Praying she is found soon as this is every parent's worst nightmare.

This is such a sad situation and I'm hoping for a happy ending, but worried it won't be. And this case is just really getting to me more then others because Mollie reminds me so much of my own daughter, who is also 20, majoring in psych, getting her 1st apartment this year, from a small town. I'm always cautioning her about paying attention when she is out, keeping an eye on her surroundings. Even living in a small town, things happen and you can't trust everyone. Praying they find Mollie soon!

For what it’s worth, I’m basing that on two years as a farm manager at a hog confinement. Most of what I thought I knew about hogs turned out to be wrong.
They eat anything, I could see the eating a human or tearing up the body at least

Someone said it’s urban legend that pigs eat people, and I don’t think that is the case. Hogs can definitely eat a human. A farmer in my state was eaten by his own hogs not too long ago. The family found his dentures and a few random pieces, but most of him was gone. They don’t have to get their jaws around the whole skull to eat it; they would likely eat it from the face side. Hogs can weigh 700 lbs and could easily bust up bones to smaller pieces.

Knowing how the FBI can completely disassemble a suspect's home and business causing extreme disorganization and monetary loss, I wouldn't let the FBI search my property without a warrant. For this reason, I think the hog farm owner required a search warrant to search his farm. A judge must have been seen something which was suspicious to grant this search warrant.

Knowing how the FBI can completely disassemble a suspect's home and business causing extreme disorganization and monetary loss, I wouldn't let the FBI search my property without a warrant. For this reason, I think the hog farm owner required a search warrant to search his farm. A judge must have been seen something which was suspicious to grant this search warrant.

The one article stated the farm owners were co operating. If it is related to a farm, it could be anyone, the owners, workers, children etc.

This is such a sad situation and I'm hoping for a happy ending, but worried it won't be. And this case is just really getting to me more then others because Mollie reminds me so much of my own daughter, who is also 20, majoring in psych, getting her 1st apartment this year, from a small town. I'm always cautioning her about paying attention when she is out, keeping an eye on her surroundings. Even living in a small town, things happen and you can't trust everyone. Praying they find Mollie soon!
Welcome SingingAngel... I caution my 24 year old daughter too. She thinks I am paranoid because I follow true crime. Yes I am but still...

Since we can't do any digging on the farms or people we think might be suspects, anyone have any ideas how she may have had her last activity out there?

Picked up? Someone she knew?
I hate to take over this thread so much, but I know the answer to this one too.

Hwy 21 is simply one of the best routes out of town and the quickest route to get to several of these small towns. And with limited things to do in any of these towns, a ping at that spot along Hwy 21 could be as innocent as a trip to Pizza Ranch in Sigourney. If she did indeed ping on Hwy 21 it could almost anything.

If an abduction did take place, could the perp simply have thrown the fitbit somewhere in that area -- to really confuse LE?
This is exactly what I was thinking...
Couldn't this LE search at the pig farm be as simple as that is where the fit bit was "tossed" or the phone was "tossed" by the perp in effect turning the GPS that links the units off?

I am hoping for so much more!

jmo

i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member