Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE seem to be very hopeful with the information they are gaining from Mollie's SM and postings. I'm wondering just how much is on there that can help them. I have some SM but post very little if any personal stuff. This place here is more my style. If I went missing they wouldn't find anything about me on those other sites, just some random friends or something. Not a big fan of putting my life out there on a public site.

I've been wondering if this is related to the Evansdale murders too. If I recall, they were kidnapped in one spot and found in another many miles away in the middle of nowhere. Is that correct?
What is a HSK? I'm guessing the last two letters stand for serial killer?

Yes that is correct about Elizabeth and Lyric, they were found by hunters months after they were taken in a very remote place called seven bridges a nature trail beside the water. There is a photo on google showing how remote the location is with their remains covered with white sheets. I don’t want to post it here as it is distressing.

It may be possible to be the same perp but do sex offenders usually kidnap young girls aged 8 and 10 and also young women who are 20?

Did the police ever say where Mollie’s brothers were when she went missing? Not accusing, I just don’t remember.

I keep thinking somebody she thought was a friend called her and said, "Hey, let's go to a movie/have pizza/go to the carnival/hang out at the lake for a while." And maybe she grabbed the nearest t-shirt, a $20 and some change, and her phone, and left with them.

Or maybe somebody pretending to be her friend texted her and said meet me at the corner.

We have no clue what the government can access or not. With the right warrents i am sure anything
You are not understanding how the technology works. It's not about warrants. It's about the way data is stored and the way devices connect to each other. Fitbits like hers cannot transmit data on their own to a server for anyone to access. It is stored on the actual device until another device accesses it. At that point it can be read in other places, but not until then.

You can think of it like an older digital camera. The pictures live on the camera memory until the camera is connected to a device that uploads them. Once they are uploaded, they can be accessed more widely (especially if they are uploaded online). But until they are conneted to another device, they are just on the camera memory and aren't accessible remotely.

Here we go again. This came up last night. The headline is wrong. The boyfriend and HIS brothers have been cleared Not that I suspect her brothers.
I don't think any of her family members or her boyfriend's family members are suspects. The headline was misleading as to who LE was talking about but in the end we know LE was talking about her boyfriend and his brothers and they were out of town on business. They cleared them with the evidence that solidifies where they were. Oddly enough, they said nothing about the fiance of her bf brother, but I do not think she is involved in any way either. She was reportedly out of town with them.

You are not understanding how the technology works. It's not about warrants. It's about the way data is stored and the way devices connect to each other. Fitbits like hers cannot transmit data on their own to a server for anyone to access. It is stored on the actual device until another device accesses it. At that point it can be read in other places, but not until then.

You can think of it like an older digital camera. The pictures live on the camera memory until the camera is connected to a device that uploads them. Once they are uploaded, they can be accessed more widely (especially if they are uploaded online). But until they are conneted to another device, they are just on the camera memory and aren't accessible remotely.
ok i disagree but ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member