Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
FitBit Alta with accessory band.

Shop Public School for Fitbit Accessories

Alta features

Shop Fitbit Alta
I used to have the Alta and it doesn’t have GPS within the device. It only displays your path if you manually track your activity (via your Bluetooth and phone app), which she could have been doing during her run. The Alta HR tracks your heart rate, the Alta does not.

The attraction of the Alta is that they are slim and don’t look like trackers, especially if you get metal or leather wristbands.

Last edited:
Look Coach Sue. It's being reported now on news media.

"It's been eight days since University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts of Brooklyn, Iowa disappeared. As authorities continue to search for her across the nation, the number of Iowa's that have disappeared since is startling.

Mollie was last seen Wednesday, July 18. She is one of 36 Iowans reported missing in the last eight days, according to the Iowa Department of Public Safety. Below is the dates each was reported missing, their name, age, and county or town they were reported missing in:"

36 Iowans Have Been Reported Missing in the Last Eight Days

WOW!!! That is crazy and really creepy.

Regarding her transportation: No, as far as I know, there's been no official (LE or MSM) mention of how she was going to get to work. It's very strange. From what I've heard, her workplace was about 15 miles--a possible bike ride, but no one's mentioned that she actually got to work that way.

There's been some casual speculation that she might have planned to run over to her mother's place for dinner, spend the night, and then go to work driving the car that she shared with her brother. In that case, I'd think that family would have really been worried when she didn't show up. Or, they knew that there was a person/people who she regularly got rides with--none of whom have been mentioned in MSM!

There's been some casual speculation that she might have planned to run over to her mother's place for dinner, spend the night, and then go to work driving the car that she shared with her brother.

What about the dogs?

I agree. I did look a couple of the names up on Facebook, and some of their FB pages appear to be current. So that leads me to believe the Missing info may be out of date. To answer your question about the area, I am attaching an image of the Iowa Counties map; I marked in red where Poweshiek County is (and where Des Moines is, for reference). I do see a few people missing since July 1 from counties adjacent to Poweshiek (Keokuk, Jasper), and nearby (Polk County = Des Moines)...
I went down the list too and looked up many of the kids. Many posted on Facebook yesterday or within the last few days. They aren't missing. This list of missing teens is obviously not updated regularly.

How much corn is there? I mean is it at all feasible for there to be volunteers going row by row in the region? What are you seeing?

How much corn? You couldn't even imagine. And not just corn, soy beans too. In tonight's journey I drove from Brooklyn to Hwy 21 south to Deep River where they were searching. If that's their search radius, it's already impossible. With a thousand volunteers it's impossible.

The good news - there's NO WAY they just expanded the search radius to the farms and fields down by Deep River. There are so many locations even right in that area that look like somebody needs to be searching. So why are they stuck around the same location in Deep River? They've got to have something solid that's telling them this is a spot they need to be interested in.

Never underestimate the NSA or FBI. My uncle worked for Army intelligence and later he briefly worked for the CIA. He told me that in 1965, US satellites were so advanced they could read the label off of Cuban cigars.
Wonder if any of the satellites orbiting earth capturing/retaining high resolution images from around the globe have any data for the date Mollie went missing.

I had done a search for several of the younger ones and they had been found.

I wondered how up-to-date the website is and if that was the case. Shame on me, I thought that the reporters would do better research. o_O One thing I have noticed recently since Jake Wilson's disappearance is that a lot of folks are realizing the importance of talking with their kiddos about safety and situational awareness. In many small towns in Iowa, there is the perception that "things like that don't happen here". I know many people that live in small communities who park their cars in the driveway and leave them unlocked with the keys in the cupholder. A lot of folks don't lock their doors, will leave their car running and unattended while they run into the store, etc. I was born and raised in Iowa, so I get it, but after living in Denver, Colorado for 10 years and then moving back, I'm definitely a lot more cautious due to my "large city living" experiences. I'm not saying that people should go around living in fear all of the time, but it's also important that kiddos don't walk around with a false sense of security.

How much corn? You couldn't even imagine. And not just corn, soy beans too. In tonight's journey I drove from Brooklyn to Hwy 21 south to Deep River where they were searching. If that's their search radius, it's already impossible. With a thousand volunteers it's impossible.

The good news - there's NO WAY they just expanded the search radius to the farms and fields down by Deep River. There are so many locations even right in that area that look like somebody needs to be searching. So why are they stuck around the same location in Deep River? They've got to have something solid that's telling them this is a spot they need to be interested in.
Are they still searching at the hog farm? Or is this a different location?

Regarding her transportation: No, as far as I know, there's been no official (LE or MSM) mention of how she was going to get to work. It's very strange. From what I've heard, her workplace was about 15 miles--a possible bike ride, but no one's mentioned that she actually got to work that way.

There's been some casual speculation that she might have planned to run over to her mother's place for dinner, spend the night, and then go to work driving the car that she shared with her brother. In that case, I'd think that family would have really been worried when she didn't show up. Or, they knew that there was a person/people who she regularly got rides with--none of whom have been mentioned in MSM!
I suspect she had planned to let her brother know she needed a ride (not sure why that wasnt already arranged when he dropped her off) when she was at her mom’s for dinner but she was taken during her walk there and didn’t have the opportunity to speak to either her mom or bro about work transportation the next day. As far as the dogs - I bet she put them downstairs when she left to eat at her mom’s meaning they were inside for a long time. Investigators would have found evidence of that. This makes her no show for dinner and the ride situation make sense. I also bet her Snapchat was sent before her walk to her mom’s, boyfriend just didn’t open it up until 10. But why the focus on 9:45 by investigators? That has me puzzled. Thoughts? I haven’t seen anything explaining that.

Thanks for sharing @SharonNeedles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member