KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Complete Timeline Of Crystal Rogers' Disappearance

Since her disappearance on July 3, 2015, the case of Crystal Rogers has filled her hometown of Bardstown, Kentucky, with emotion and intrigue. The 35-year-old mother of five went missing from the home she shared with her boyfriend and children, and her car was found abandoned two days later on the side of the highway.

[...]

Brooks Houck was arrested yesterday on UNRELATED felonies.

Kentucky Standard newspaper
"Brooks Houck, the man investigated for three years in connection to the disappearance of his former girlfriend, was indicted on four unrelated felonies Wednesday by a Nelson County grand jury."

Brooks Houck indicted by grand jury | KYStandard.com

"Brooks Houck, the man investigated for three years in connection to the disappearance of his former girlfriend, was indicted on four unrelated felonies Wednesday by a Nelson County grand jury."

Saw it in the news today when I got up. Hopefully they be able to find out something soon about crystal.

“Houck is accused of stealing squares of shingles from Lowe’s on three different days in April.”

Suspect In Crystal Rogers' Disappearance Arrested For Felony Theft
brooks_houck-m.jpg

***OH NO THIS AIN'T ABOUT NO SHINGLES***
38e888cb_msn-emotions-pig-6.gif

"It was strange," Sammy Johnson told WDRB. "This was supposed to be about shingles. And why do you have the federal agents that are searching? This ain't about shingles, I don't think. I think it's bigger

Are local LE inept, or is this guy smart (with his brother's help). Poor Crystal has to be somewhere, nearby I feel. It's so cruel what he is doing to her family :(

Definitely the first, in a way. Those that aren't involved are either too inept or too worried to do anything about it.

If you're going to be researching Crystal's disappearance, stick with the TV-station-websites as much as you can. The Kentucky Standard is the local paper and has more stories about all of this, but they're one of those websites that wants you to get a subscription after you've seen a few stories. So save up your visits for more in-depth stories in the Standard if you want to be able to read them.

I just saw this story about her disappearance and thought, "Why in the Hell did it take so long for someone to actually say this (out loud)?"

ARE MULTIPLE UNSOLVED MURDERS IN THIS KENTUCKY SMALL TOWN SOMEHOW CONNECTED?
Oxygen Network
(7/19/2018)
Though just an hour south of the major metropolitan hub of Louisville, Bardstown, Kentucky, is a world away. With a population of just over 14,000, it was voted “The Most Beautiful Small Town In America” and also boasts of being the “Bourbon Capital of the World,” due to the presence of six major whiskey distilleries in town. But, there’s also a dark side to the region.

Alternately known as “The Bardstown Murders” or the “The Nelson County Murders,” the area is at the center of five unsolved deaths and disappearances, which continue to inspire speculation, gossip and intrigue far beyond the county line.
And this is what I've thought for a long time...
In a March 2017 interview with WDRB, Crystal Rogers’ mother, Sherry Ballard, surmised that her daughter disappeared because she “overheard something maybe she shouldn't have,” related to the murder of Jason Ellis. She went on to say her husband Tommy "was never going to give up for my daughter, and he was going to push, and I think people knew that. I definitely think it was all connected."

I had the misfortune of going to the doctor in E-town today. Spent about an hour and a half waiting and over an hour on the road and seeing the doctor for all of a couple minutes. But I passed by all of these local crime scenes, other than the Netherland's. Actually, I go by where Officer Ellis got killed everytime I get on the BG Pkwy.

I couldn't get a real good look at the memorial that's where they found Crystal's car, but I saw the memorial/reward sign for her father. It was along the Bluegrass (Pkwy) around where his killer likely stopped to do the deed and I saw "$20,000 Reward" on it. I don't know if that's just for him or if that included Crystal. That amount will probably grow as I don't know if local LE are more of a hindrance or a help to the investigation. They could be a problem, even if the KSP or FBI or anyone else gets involved.

On the way home, there was a helicopter flying low and circling around very close where her father's memorial is. They were probably looking for dope growing, but it made me check to see if there was a bad wreck near there or if there were any new leads. Didn't find anything.

The Oxygen channel will be carrying The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers and the other Bardstown unsolved murder cases starting Aug. 11th. Their intro looks interesting. I hope it helps solve the case.

The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers Premieres August 11th

I saw where her mom said it was going to be aired in 5 segments. I was thinking it was just going to be an hour long show so I’m glad it’s going to be given that much time! Her mom also said that the case is going to air on Paula Zahn on 8/5 at 10 pm on ID.

Stealing shingles from Lowe’s, renting out a house when he already agreed to sell it to someone else...he really is a special kind of stupid, isn’t he? (I hope some decent lawyer will take the home buyers case pro bono and get her money back.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker