Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a likely possibility. When she didn't show did her mum text or phone her? Did her mum know she was alone at the house? (Sorry if this has already been explained)
From what I've read, it seems like she wasn't 100% confirmed to go to mom's for dinner and often she didn't end up going. They discussed what mom was making but she just responded "ok" to hearing what it was, no confirmation either way for sure. It seems like her mom thought it was pretty normal to have discussed dinner but for her to not turn up in the end.

Her mom knew she was alone at the house but it seems like that also probably wasn't that out of the ordinary given the work her boyfriend and the others in the house do that probably takes them out of town frequently.

This is all just my understanding, the details are scarce.

Hi, all!

Another newbie here. I’ve lived in small town Iowa all my life, so I’ve really been watching this case closely.

I’ve noticed no one has mentioned anything like this, so hopefully I’m not going off on an irrelevant tangent. When I was 20 (not that long ago), it was common for young people to randomly plan bonfires/get togethers with whoever might be available at that moment.

Although no one else has come forward as a point of contact, I would not be surprised to know there was something like this happening with a small group of people on Wednesday evening in Brooklynopf.

Having said that, surely there was communication with more people than just her mom and a brief snap to her BF. Not that she went out, but I have a hard time believing there was no other communication or casual planning. Could it be possible she was invited to an activity like this at one of the searched locations?

All probably moot points since we have no info, but just thought I’d throw it out there.

Also - someone mentioned detassling corn. I don’t believe that’s done anymore. We farm and live in a farming community and I don’t know anyone who does that or hires it done, so no, there won’t be people out walking the corn for this in the coming weeks.

Law enforcement only gives us the details it needs to share in order to find Mollie, oversharing can hurt the criminal case when it eventually lands there. And it’ll land there :/

I’m so grateful for all law enforcement is doing. We often forget they are human with their own children and this affects them deeply. Props to them for doing the work which would be so hard for the rest of us.

Hi, all!
Also - someone mentioned detassling corn. I don’t believe that’s done anymore. We farm and live in a farming community and I don’t know anyone who does that or hires it done, so no, there won’t be people out walking the corn for this in the coming weeks.

I also live in farm country (Jasper County, IA) and detassling jobs are alive and well here although the season for it is winding down at this point.

From what I've read, it seems like she wasn't 100% confirmed to go to mom's for dinner and often she didn't end up going. They discussed what mom was making but she just responded "ok" to hearing what it was, no confirmation either way for sure. It seems like her mom thought it was pretty normal to have discussed dinner but for her to not turn up in the end.

Her mom knew she was alone at the house but it seems like that also probably wasn't that out of the ordinary given the work her boyfriend and the others in the house do that probably takes them out of town frequently.

Someone texted "ok," but maybe not Mollie? I guess only LE and maybe family know if the text stream between Mollie and her mother about supper is legit. But "ok" is fairly generic.

Also, I tried to find a post back during the hog farm searches (so I could link it here) where LE stated they were searching places Mollie had been before she went missing. Which could be interpreted a couple different ways--she had been there that day before she went missing or she had been there in previous days, with both scenarios based off the data from her phone and Fitbit.

I just thought it a curious way to explain why they were doing those searches in those particular locations.

Mollie had several text exchanges with her mother saying she would be home for dinner.

Calderwood said she had exchanged several text messages with her daughter that afternoon.

“She had sent me a shopping list for a dessert she wanted to make and take to work,” she said. “I texted her that I got the ingredients and asked if she was coming home for dinner.”

According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home and asked what they were having. “Brats,” she replied. “Ok,” Tibbetts responded.

But dinner came and went, Calderwood said, and Tibbetts didn’t come home.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home and asked what they were having. “Brats,” she replied. “Ok,” Tibbetts responded. But dinner came and went, Calderwood said, and Tibbetts didn’t come home.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

This is what gets me. Her mom was 100% expecting her there for dinner and yet no care or concern when she didn't show up? If that were a conversation between myself and my 20 year old, the next thing that would have happened when she didn't show up to dinner would have been a text asking "you still coming?" If no response, I would have been immediately concerned since she had clearly said she'd be home for dinner.

Maybe I've missed it in the 800 articles but has the mom ever said she was concerned when MT didn't show for dinner? Was that a normal thing for her to do that?

This is what gets me. Her mom was 100% expecting her there for dinner and yet no care or concern when she didn't show up? If that were a conversation between myself and my 20 year old, the next thing that would have happened when she didn't show up to dinner would have been a text asking "you still coming?" If no response, I would have been immediately concerned since she had clearly said she'd be home for dinner.

Maybe I've missed it in the 800 articles but has the mom ever said she was concerned when MT didn't show for dinner? Was that a normal thing for her to do that?

Not that I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members