Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What particular info makes you think this? just curious

I think she could still be alive because maybe she just got overwhelmed with working, taking classes, juggling all the different relationships people have. Maybe she just needed a break. Best case scenario. Ultimately I’m not convinced of this and statistically I’m sure she probably is dead... but I want to hope not!

So, I'm thinking she did go to her mom's house at some point that night and sent her bf a snapchat pic from there.
Her brother supposedly texted her around 7:30 the next morning to ask is she needed a ride home after work that day. Obviously it was thought she had a ride to work that morning........or was that text a ruse?
But I thought it was stated that her brother was the last to see her at 5:30pm?

I think the homework thing is most likely true. There is the possibility the storm might of knocked out the internet to. So she had to find another source or place to do it.

How bad was the storm there? Any info on it?

Sometimes weather is horrible and a few miles away it is fine.

So it is possible she went somewhere to do her homework. I doubt if there is a fun place to go for internet there so she could have gone to someone’s house.

The red shirt missing and wallet left at home makes no sense. Perhaps she had no need for a wallet at work. Food is eating with the kids.

Just a thought . She was home doing her homework submitted it before the midnight deadline. Knock on the door and it’s someone she’s familiar with.. dogs are barking running around so she placed them in the basement so she can speak to the familiar person ( I do this with my dogs... place them in a room before opening door if I know the person) she’s already snapped goodnight to her bf, contacts out and getting ready for bed . Whoever the person was took her. I’m guessing it was after sun went down . JMO

How bad was the storm there? Any info on it?

Sometimes weather is horrible and a few miles away it is fine.

So it is possible she went somewhere to do her homework. I doubt if there is a fun place to go for internet there so she could have gone to someone’s house.

The red shirt missing and wallet left at home makes no sense. Perhaps she had no need for a wallet at work. Food is eating with the kids.
i cant answer that

Why would he know her. She does not live in the neighborhood and is gone to college.

It may be a small town, but that does not mean adults pay much attention to teens.
Small town Iowa newspapers cover every school sporting event, theater production, speech competition etc. I’m guessing Mollie’s pic was in the local paper often up until graduation. Most people probably knew who she was if only from a few degrees of separation.

Just a thought . She was home doing her homework submitted it before the midnight deadline. Knock on the door and it’s someone she’s familiar with.. dogs are barking running around so she placed them in the basement so she can speak to the familiar person ( I do this with my dogs... place them in a room before opening door if I know the person) she’s already snapped goodnight to her bf, contacts out and getting ready for bed . Whoever the person was took her. I’m guessing it was after sun went down . JMO

The midnight deadline would make a lot of sense. College students turn in everything online nowadays and if she was taking online classes a midnight deadline is typical.

The changing info is extremely odd. Either LE is at a bit of a loss, or they are deliberately withholding a lot and/or putting confusing info out there to disguise how far along they are.

I think the former scenario is more likely, but I pray for the latter.

Small town Iowa newspapers cover every school sporting event, theater production, speech competition etc. I’m guessing Mollie’s pic was in the local paper often up until graduation. Most people probably knew who she was if only from a few degrees of separation.

I lived in a town of 2000. That included children. There is no way I knew everyone nor did I care about some unknown teen.

Why did her mother move there? If she is a from a longterm family, maybe then someone may know the kids.

Or if it some kind of relative, But really, do people know that much about other kids or care?

Last edited:
I'm very much NOT a techie person but I'm presuming LE can tell (if Mollie's computer is a laptop/portable), where she was using it? Although of course she wouldn't necessarily need to be online to be doing essays, whatever. Again presumably the computer was found in the house she was staying in, not anywhere else? So again this would suggest she made it back to the house.

I don't think the idea that she went out again to run is likely. I don't know the exact stats but I would think the odds of a stranger abduction once you are home drop dramatically as opposed to when you are in "transitional spaces". And when there doesn't seem to be any indicators of someone breaking in.

I do think the elephant in the room from the beginning has been, how and with who did she get to work with, if she didn't have the shared car? I would think LE would have asked family/friends/co-workers this straight away, and then nothing is said about it? Probably significant, they must know by now if she was in contact with anyone else that night to arrange a lift. Or if she wasn't, why wasn't she, what was the default arrangement? And if there is such a person, what are they saying about what happened in the morning or perhaps when they were in contact with Mollie the evening before? And does it add up, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong